Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Katie

I have seeked help from numerous board certified dermatologists. Fortunately, Hidradenitis Suppurativa and MRSA are two completely different things. MRSA has a cure where HS does not! Just because HS presents as "boils" does not automatically make the MRSA. At times, I wish this were MRSA so that they could easily fix me with antibiotics and so that I wouldn't have to live with this agony

@jjoyce i do know they are completely different in origin, but i have seen them many times in the ER and by they they have been "picked" and they go MRSA fast. good luck

Hey guys...I to suffer with hidradenitis suppurativa and I am hoping that once I have the surgery and start losing weight that my outbreaks will reduce...I have a few deep ones going on right now, nothing that will come to a head any time soon. Ive been to 3 dermatologists who just prescribe clindimiacin foam or [worse] gel (the gel bleaches everything it comes into contact with). I also use Oxy Acne Wash 10% benzoyl peroxide which has helped a little bit...especially with any that are draining, and works better than hibiclens. I also take doxycyline when I am having an especially bad outbreak, and at first worked wonders, but now that Ive taken it many times it seems that I am becoming immune :( I try to only take it when I am having a lot of pain, as it does help with that. Any other suggestions or remedies would be great! I just ordered some turmeric capsules as I read that it can help...I will update!

Some remedies you may or may not know

Azo yeast tablets ( helps to prevent in some )

Tumeric casuals 500 mg. (helps with inflammation )

Wash with hibiclens or antibacterial soap

And if u have one that is oozing squeeze as long as u can stand it

Then wash then add polysporin powder on it

If u are allergic to that then use tea tree oil ( oil will sting and inflame but it will dry it up like the powder will must be pharmaceutical Grade

If one won't come to a head witch we all know can be a killer then u can put a hot compress on it and if u don't want to do that then get a tube of boil ease

If one is hurting badly enough that u can't wait for the 800 mg ibuprofen to kick in

Then u can put a cold compress on it to relive some pain and heat

If u have one that's stays open no matter what u do and its deep GO To the dermatologist!!!!!

If it itches good ole calamine or leave it be could be drying up and going away

And last bit of advice that I wish my derm would have told me before it happened

If u can get them surgically removed before they start tunneling u may have a chance to keep it isolated to that one area

And if they put u on antibiotic have the doc put u. On steroids but if u are about to or just recently had ur surgery then don't do that part for a while talk to doc 1st

That's all I know been dealing with hs for 13 yrs and I'm in stage 1 ,2 ,and 3 all at the same time everyday for 10 yrs and I have tried everything what I said on this post is the Only thing that has helped me in the least good luck to all and good bless

I have HS very badly and I kinda found a thing that works very well and fast! You need to wash the areas with AFRICAN BLACK SOAP really good like scrub it. Then DRY your areas really really good. Then take a cotton ball and put TEATREE OIL on every bump you have. It goes away almost the same day. I haven't had to treat it for months now. Let me know if it works for you!(:

I've had HS for about 40 years. Things that help/have helped:

Accutane - worked well the first time, did not work the second. Can't use if you are female of child-bearing age.

Embrel - EXCELLENT results - it is a biologic, tumor-necrosing drug that is lab-created. You hear about it related to Rhumatoid Arthriits. Expensive, and using it for off label use is often not approved by insurance.

Laser removal of hair folicles in the areas - have seen a few articles.

Quitting smoking.

Cotton underwear

Zeasorb powder to areas

Witch Hazel

Surgical removal - some lesions come back even after removal of all apocrine glands and skin grafting

Injecting lesions with steroid - helpful for bad lesions, I do it 4x a year as prevention to all of the old lesions/bad scars

Getting rid of blackheads in affected areas - often are the prodrome of a lesion

Antibiotics consistently (don't forget to eat live yougurt to avoid problems) to decrease odor and pain

Hot packs and incision/drainage for really bad lesions.

HS sucks and has affected every area of my life - hope some of these ideas help others.

i hate the thought of people opening these boils with out extreme caution, because of further risk of infection and healthy tissue damage. But if you are going to do it. you might want to try the coke bottle method. scrub a glass coke bottle with Clorox put it in pan of boiling Water about 1/3 covered standing up. heat it up to the point you can stand touching it, scrub the boil site and dry, place the opening of the coke bottle over the boil and hold it there, the core of the boil should shoot out into the bottle, with out you touching it, put a sterile dry dressing on it, then try and relax. i think this is a bad idea, but less bad than the squeeze

i hate the thought of people opening these boils with out extreme caution, because of further risk of infection and healthy tissue damage. But if you are going to do it. you might want to try the coke bottle method. scrub a glass coke bottle with Clorox put it in pan of boiling Water about 1/3 covered standing up. heat it up to the point you can stand touching it, scrub the boil site and dry, place the opening of the coke bottle over the boil and hold it there, the core of the boil should shoot out into the bottle, with out you touching it, put a sterile dry dressing on it, then try and relax. i think this is a bad idea, but less bad than the squeeze

^ this sounds INCREDIBLY PAINFUL!!! I have HS and if I need to drain anything I use a steril needle, like an insulin syringe. I find that this is the least painful method to drain, and then make sure to wash well afterwords with hibaclense.

As an add-on, remember these are not your routine "boils". This is a medical condition that is often very hard to treat, has no cure and is considered an orphan disease. Get yourself to a Dermatologist. If you don't like the treatment plan from one, find another. I had a Dermatologist tell me (many years ago) that "I didn't have it that bad, many have it much worse. Just get used to it". Needless to say, I did not go back to him. But, having consistent care from a caring provider is invaluable.

Hi. I'm new to this site and the gastric sleeve process.I'm not new to hidradenitis. I'm 54 and I still have very active areas. I developed the disease when I started puberty and absolutely no one knew what to do with me.

I would like to say that I believe what is injected into the boils is kenalog(?spelling) and micalog(?) it used to harden the boil and localize the infection and then it would slowly disolve away. The big trick is to catch it really, really quickly. You also need to be lucky enough to have a doctor who knows what you have and how best to deal with it. the other big treatment is Accutane. But again, make sure you have a very knowledgeable doctor and be prepared for other side affects and continual blood tests.

I'm sorry to take up so much space, but I hope I've helped in some way. you cannot believe how amazing to me that people are talking about this disease now. In my day,not only was there no Internet, but I definitely didn't discuss this disease. I'm praying the sleeve helps minimize some of the symptoms. I'm happy to answer any questions and I pray all of you find peace and wish you all much success in your journies!!!!

Hi. I'm new to this site and the gastric sleeve process.I'm not new to hidradenitis. I'm 54 and I still have very active areas. I developed the disease when I started puberty and absolutely no one knew what to do with me.

I would like to say that I believe what is injected into the boils is kenalog(?spelling) and micalog(?) it used to harden the boil and localize the infection and then it would slowly disolve away. The big trick is to catch it really, really quickly. You also need to be lucky enough to have a doctor who knows what you have and how best to deal with it. the other big treatment is Accutane. But again, make sure you have a very knowledgeable doctor and be prepared for other side affects and continual blood tests.

I'm sorry to take up so much space, but I hope I've helped in some way. you cannot believe how amazing to me that people are talking about this disease now. In my day,not only was there no Internet, but I definitely didn't discuss this disease. I'm praying the sleeve helps minimize some of the symptoms. I'm happy to answer any questions and I pray all of you find peace and wish you all much success in your journies!!!!

Hi I'm dealing with severe HS most of my life and NOTHING has helped me so far. Unfortunately, my 12 yr old daughter got it also and I feel very bad that I can't do anything for her.

I recently started using an antibacterial soap called CUTICURA which u have to order online and it is helping better than hibiclens.

Oh my lord..I had hs to in remission i hope...all I can say is pain painful and more pain. ..prayers, tears, begging god to help me.

Stress causes my body to get boils... many yrs ago it effected both underarms... my arms r permanently scared..very little hair. ..then it progressed to the groin/vaginal area...I hv had three diferrernt surgeries to remove the glands...I pray this will last...n stay dormant..those who never had one will never under stand the pain

THIS I HOPE HELPS. ESV2000 ...I only use dial antibacterial soap on the private areas..the soap has no perfumes. .OR SCENT...and as for my arms I use a clear gel..unscented.deodorant...ALSO SQUEEZE THE UNDER ARM TO UNBLOCK THE PORES..WICH CAN TURN INTO INGROWN HAIRS WICH WILL CAUSE A BOIL..keep the area clean..make sure she drys off very well..n no tight cloths. ..especially underwears..I also change wash and dry towels often..

Btw boils r not jus prone to fat people. .. any one can gt hs