Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

48 Pounds Lost And I Am The Only One Who Notices?

Don't let the comments, or lack there of, from others get ya down! You are doing a fabulous job! Have people asked you questions about other aspects of your appearance? People that didn't know I had surgery would usually ask me if I had cut my hair, or changed it in some way. They knew something was different, but couldn't figure out what. Also, your clothes may be too big, so it may not be as noticeable. Last night I went to buy some new jeans. I tried on a pair one size smaller than what I've been wearing. The sales girl laughed and gave me pair 3 sizes smaller, and they fit! I'm still in shock! Lol. I'm over a year post op, and my has pretty much leveled off, so I was not expecting that drastic of a change. But enough about me, just give it some time. :)

I have told very few. Didn't even tell my own siblings. Altho one coworker i thought I trusted spilled the Beans to one of the biggest office gossipper! I mean, this girl broke it down and had people watching what i ate and my portion sizes. Jealousy is crazy....but Karma is a b**ch! I did damage control by denying my vsg (i hated that part, I did this for ME and I wanna be proud of what i did!). Altho I still hear the whispers behind my back, I no longer let it bother me so much. I can't stand the "haters"!! The less who know...the better!

I'll bet people notice but don't feel comfortable saying anything. I have come across that several times. Some finally said something and then told me they weren't sure if they should have. People can be funny like that.

That happened to me today. I'm a teacher and we started school yesterday. Today I saw a teacher that was on the fuller side and she looked like she had lost quite a bit of weight in the right areas. I didn't say anything ecause I was afraid to embarrass her or offend her in any way. Regardless it's hard but we still want tat acknowledgment.

I have only told about 5 people, everyone else thinks I've done Opti-Fast. I did it before and lost 110lbs so they just think I'm doing it again.

I agree with the others, some people are not comfortable commenting on weight lost. It can be upsetting, but look at it this way, those people accepted you for you, and did not continually judge you by your size.

I'm in the same boat. I've lost 107lbs and I get 1 one 3 comments. 1. nothing 2. Looks like you have lost some weight (I want to scream REALLY) 3.You are looking good.

Hang in there, you are doing it for you and know one else.

Keep positive!

Don't feel bad I've lost as much as 65lbs before the first person said are you loosing weight. I just said nope and kept walking.

Don't feel bad I've lost as much as 65lbs before the first person said are you loosing weight. I just said nope and kept walking.

I'm really confused by your response. Why would you say you hadn't lost any weight?

I have had a mostly Positve experience telling most people. I found that telling my coworkers actually took a lot of pressure off of me... And when they see me eating strange... They know why and don't question me. Perhaps I just work with a lot of good people (social workers). They would occasionally joke with me and ask me what I was having for lunch... A Water sandwich? But that was funny to me.

Don't get me wrong... I have experiences some annoying things... Like a few select people are always asking me how much I have lost and what can I eat now... Asking me several times a week

But most people are very supportive and positive

Diddo on everything you said. I have had exact experience. Lol and like you i laugh with them when they make a silly joke about what im having for lunch. And like you idk why it bothers me so much, especially when my sister ask me being since she hasnt once said wow your looking great (hubby says he thinks shes jealous lol hes crazy) i guess when they ask how much ive lost...maybe i fear their thinking "is that it?" since my one week preop diet (surgery aug 7th) i have lost a total of 24lbs. im sure to some who are uneducated would think is that all youve lost? But to me its a great amount especially since my hubby compliments me EVERYDAY.

People say it is a easy way to lose weight when you have surgery but' date=' I was sleeved the 14th of August and it has been anything but easy!!![/quote']

Sleeved Aug 7th and i told my husband (in the hospital) if i ever ever hear someone say i took the easy way out they are going to get an ear full plus some! Lol Really this has been the hardest things i have ever done. This is by far the easiest way out. My husband said just to ignore whoever says it because in the end i know that i did this for my health to be here longer on earth...

Now let me see if I can even put this tastefully.....hmmmmm I dont give a flying .....well you know what I mean. I made this decision by myself.... I paid for this decision by myself (well Kaiser did the most of it).....I have never been a person that needed another being to appreciate what I have worked so hard for......If someone notices I grin like a chesire cat.....and my sashay takes on it a new life of its own. If someone ask me if I had surgery (which has not happen as of yet) but I will say yes with a grin....I am not going to hide anything.....I dont feel the need to.....this is the best decision I have ever made in my life....and Im going to revel in it and hopefully in my joy, in my shining light.....someone who may need that one thing to make the decision for themselves.....will do it or at least ask about it ....I will answer all question honestly both the good and bad....and hopefully my smile and my glow will let them know that both the negative and the positive was sooooooooooooooo worth it....I am only at the begginning of this wonderfully marverlous journey....and I fully understand there will be some twist and turn.....but for every step I may take backwards....trust me when I tell you Im going run 10 steps forward.....So I will feel no shame.....I will not accept their judgement....and I will sashay proudly with every pound lost.....

and by the way ....so what if another soul notices......YOU KNOW......and that is all that matters......

I was almost 50 lbs down before most people noticed, go figure. Even though I dropped from a size 22/24 to a 12/14! Just today my boss said something for the FIRST time, and I'm 63 lbs less! Some people feel uncomfortable saying anything, and others (especially those who see you every day) simply don't notice! Don't let it get you down.

Sent from my iPad using VST

I'm really confused by your response. Why would you say you hadn't lost any weight?

Just to confuse my co worker it was about another 10lbs and they came to me and said I know your loosing weight and asked what I was doing.

My wife had Roux-N-Y surgery before I got sleeved. My weight loss exceeded hers by a bit but when folks saw us they went on and on about her losing weight. She had to tell them that I have been losing weight, too. The normal response was, "Oh, really? Great!" and then back to raving about her new looks. Chopped liver am I.

Happily, I have always been a guy that had no dire need for the approval of casual acquaintances. If they approve, great, if not..long walk off a short pier.

I'm going to assume most people mean well. For some, that means mentioning weight loss. For others, they aren't comfortable bringing it up. I think they are uncertain how the recipient (us) will take it, so they'd rather say nothing and be "safe".

The "no compliments" issue was a big one for me. 2 years ago I lost about 70 lbs. (it took over a year) on Jenny C. If I didn't receive recognition or a compliment regularly, I felt ... I don't know... empty. I loved buying smaller-size clothes (from a 24 to 18 or XL), but starting to hate the food. Like the millionth time I thought, "I got this- I don't need JC, WW, Herbalife, Diet Center, etc." (you get the idea) then POOF... almost as fast as I list the 70 lbs. and it's 1-1/2 years later and my weight was up 76 lbs.! Are you kidding me?!? It's true, if you have lost and regained, peole don't know what to say and it's not their fault. I need compliments from one person- me. The negative self- talk, the trying to figure out why she said this or didn't say that, must stop. Our health and our lives deserve this chance. People can be ignorant, jelous or mean-spirited- but you don't have to let them affect how you feel about yourself ever again!

Search Utube "VSG success stories" - there is a video called "I'm worth it!" - beautiful, makes me cry! Let your inner beauty, strength and desire to be the best you you can be shine for all the world to see!