Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Cravings

Ive been craving food every day (mcdonalds, tacos, chips, burgers/dogs, etc.) what do i do to stop these cravings!? Im only 12 days post op liquids now puree's on thursday! Ahh!!

For me just knowing I was progressing without complications was encouraging and made it easier to not listen to my mind tell me what my new tiny belly knew was a lie. Do you take a ppi?acid reflux mimics hunger to a lot of people! Can we get a new profile pic with a smile?

Lol better!? Dam maybe its reflux idk i dont feel any reflux symptoms anymore and i take reglan 3x a day for it! I just am so hungry

Hang in there Amanda. For me it got better as soon as I started eating soft foods.

I'm not condoning this, but when I was on full liquids I licked the flavoring off of 5 wheat thins. My God it was good, and I was satisfied. My dog ate the freshly licked wheat thins and she was happy too.

I know that the cravings are hard. I watch the family eat chickfila and pizza and crave it, but I know deep down that is why I'm fat. What do the feed cows to fatten them up? cor.

What is a main item in almost everything you listed, Corn.

Try mixing taco seasoning in with the ground meat you eat. I eat a hot dog in smal slices with chili occasionally.

At this stage you have to be creative. I like Guacamole on my tuna. Working to make a creative plate helps, but of course eating the same thing daily is hard. After surgery I put a cheeto in my mouth and sucked on it crunched it twice, spit it out and rinsed. I had to have something salty, crunchy and bad for me.

You can do it. Just remember your fat pix and keep a pair of the fat pants to compare yourself when you have the big cravings.

Today is day 14 post op for me.... I know exactly what you're going through....

Have you decided on your "first meal" yet? My doctor told me I can have egg whites while on soft foods....so today, I cooked myself one egg-white....

What you are really "craving" is the ability to CHEW something..... Trust me! I went through the same exact thing these last few days lol.... Now that I'm chewing my egg, I don't have the cravings I did 4 days ago.... I no longer want to order a pizza, just to lick a slice or have a cheeseburger just to get the tastes...... I'm very happy with my egg lol...

If you haven't already, try activia vanilla yogurt or Tomato Soup.... My doctor suggested these to me and they helped me get through my last week!

That is called Head Hunger. Sip your Water as much as possible and keep yourself busy. The head hunger will leave. Also try the other suggestions as well. :)

Ive decided on meatloaf finely mashed and creamed spinach!!! Ahhh!!! Its so exciting

That is called Head Hunger. Sip your Water as much as possible and keep yourself busy. The head hunger will leave. Also try the other suggestions as well. :)

I don't think it was head hunger....

Ive decided on meatloaf finely mashed and creamed spinach!!! Ahhh!!! Its so exciting

Hahaha see? Look forward to that! I've been looking forward to my baked potato with avocado (doctor approved too lol) for dinner tonight....

Good luck girl!

Wow I asked for a pic with a smile. That's a smile and I'm smiling too. And blushing a little

Yea a lot of my being over weight went right to the chest lol. Cant wait for those to go!! Can eait for meatloaf and farina!!

Did you guys buy baby plates that are sectioned off ? I would love to find a compartmentalize plate that is 4 oz

I went on ebay and looked up dessert plates and bought some that are so pretty and just the right size. I also bought dessert bowls that are perfect portion sizes. i also have my husband eating off them too. :)

I remember feeling so incredibly low around that time and I think I was really missing food. I felt like I was starving. I totally agree with the poster that said ur missing chewing. This was it for me! I wanted crunchy, darn it! Focus on soft foods and jazzing them up when it is appropriate with ur diet.

As for plates- I saved money and just ate off saucers. Just think of the money u will save on plates and food. It can go into the new clothing fund.

In regards to chest size- omg! I have shrunk tremendously. When I first began I was a 40DD, now I'm a 36C. I'm smaller than high school! I never saw that coming! Lol.