Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October 2006 Bandsters!

Jenn I'm so sorry to hear about what you're going through! It sounds like you have a lot of stressors going on right now...it's always hard to realize that things have turned out differently than you though they would. Take some time to reflect on the good things in your life...your kids, youir job, you've lost 16 pounds. Think about going in to get another fill, even though you think you haven't lost a lot of weight (but you have!)...you shouldn't have to use so much willpower with the band, use it as your tool.

If things don't get better, you might want to consider talking to a professional or anti-depressants. I started therapy in December and it has helped tremendously. We are always here to listen...let us know how you're doing. :confused:

Rayine

your story about the panties is funny.. LOL... I have sort of done that as well.. the other day my 6 year old son and I were out shopping and my son said.. " mommy you are getting thin.. I looked to find you and I did not recognize you" I loved it..

Has anyone else started noticing this.. I don't know if I am being parnoid or not.. I think my hair is coming out more.. again it may be that I am paranoid.. I want to get mine cut and colored.. but I wanted to wait to see what happens with my hair first.. My hair is also long.. but if it gets thinned out.. then I may wait to get it cut..

Cootie I agree with what JDru had to say. You should go back to the doctors and ask for more of a fill, and then also see if you can find someone to talk about your problems with. Life throws you curveballs sometimes and now that we're banded we need to find other ways to deal with our emotions besides food. It's not easy, but we need to try.

bckeye - I am losing a lot of hair and actually decided to cut my hair because of it. When I wash my hair, my hands are completely intertwined with hair. It's scares me, but from what I've read it will stop and it will grow back. Let's hope!! Anyone else losing hair??

Ok, and I am sooooo jealous of you guys with your fills! I have 1.5cc's and can't get more until the end of March according to my doc.

hi friends

I LOVE my new do!! it was longer and black and now its like a coffee brown and shorter, LOVE IT!

My hair was also falling out in handfulls so i told my hair girl about my surgery so she wouldnt freak out when she washed my hair.

i made my fill appointment - next thrusday. i could have used it today! pringles really go down without a problem!!

Jenn sorry to hear things aren't where you'd like them! Know that we're always here to read if you need to rant and vent. But be proud of your 18 poiunds! you go girl!

Raynie I laughed about your pantie story all afternoon! I chucked a few a few weeks ago and thank god for a kohls sale because the bras had to go!

bckeye01,sonican: Regards to the hair falling out. They told us about this at Henry Ford Hospital, Told us to get on the Muscle Milk/Muscle Milk Light

choice is yours. As long as you add up near 80G. of Protien a day, you can help prevent this. So protien shakes are important. "to those of you who think they are not.." It will grow back. But don't do anything about it, and it can all fall out... Good Morning Every One! Shirley

raynie: now you tell me something... Why can't you eat chinease food? ???

I mean I do!! I'm going out tonight for Soup, roll, chiken or sea food or vegetable. I mean I don't eat it all. I watch my calories all day "try to stay low" thean go out. If I go to a sit down restaurant, or chinese? What's the big deal??? I'm still loseing weight!!! Shirley...

Happy Friday!!

Hope you guys are well today.

I've got some funky discomfort today. I don't know if its cuz I've been sleeping on my port or maybe all the pringles I've been eating has stretched out the pouch. The office is having a superbowl party so i think i will sneak out to panera and just get some Soup and avoid all of the goodies.

I'm going in for my fill next Thursday and am sure i'll get a stern talkings too for having lost maybe 6 pounds since my fill in Dec. Oh well.

Gee everyones being herded into the kitchen for a group bears picture. kill me.

Yays! Happy Fridays! My wonderful DH fixed my stuff- I now have a ticker and some info! I also changed my dumb blonde bimbo chick to this cool Batman! hehe..... my DH is so into comic books and super heroes, and since being with him, its rubbed off onto me. my little baby ticker is because I hope someday to loose enough to actually be fertile again! We dont have any kids together, and I so want to give him his first child! So wish me lucks!

~Raynie!

Ok I am back!

Sorry your having problems Jenn! Hang in there girlfriend! Dont beat yourself up over that guy! There is so many more out there, it took me until I was 26 too find my true love! He even loves all 4 of my kids! heha

And..... well it says you lost some weight.... thats hella good considering it was DURING the HOLIDAYS! I tell myself that if it wasnt for this band I prolly would have gained 20 pounds since Oct. Thats real! *hugs* to you Jenn!

I am happy that you like your new dew Sonia! Thats great! My hair has always fallen out, I haven't seen much difference in seeing more of it fall out. But..... I do see more GREY! YIKES!!!!

So Shirley- Well I prolly could eat some Chinese food- just not my favorites- I PB on an egg roll before I had my fill! I have never tried another one since. And I so love Dim Sum! Has anyone ever had that? They have so many kinds, but I love the shrimp balls rolled in some dough. And I love chow mein! And Pot Stickers! All the good stuff! Damn this making me hungry.... I can eat the Soup and chicken in foil. I cant wait to get those drinks! So you recommend just one a day? They do contain like 300 cal, so yeah I was trying to count it up- The directions said drink one before and after a workout and one before bed. Thats fracking almost 900 cal! I cant do that! I really dont want to look like The Hulk either! lol....what to do what to do... maybe a drink for Breakfast then hit the gym for Water aerobics, then a lean cuisine for lunch and dinner. Thats still almost 900 calories. It seems so depressing! Who in the heck made this calorie counting thing up? And who set it so low? I hate them peoples! hehe I bet they are rich! Ok gotta go again... take care and Happy Friday~ Raynie!

Well the rich get richer., and no you don't want to buff up like the HAULK!

So 1 a day MML is only 195 cal., that's not bad, MM is like 250, I'd have to go look at a jug. 1 a day, or 1 1/2 is good eanough. Maybe your hair will stop fallin out too. I barily lost any only from anastesia, "it thined out on top" it grew back. I do chinese about 2x a month I love their Hawaian Shrimp, Almond chicken, Frog Legs "sounds good write!!" and believe this Garlic Eggplant. It is the consistency of mushrooms, and the flavor is great. See you even made me hungry, I went to get some pink lemonaide

to drown the hunger by chrystal light only 5 cal. so it's duable. well I got to get back to my work. so i'll talk later.

Jenn did you find it? Shirley...

Does anyone know of a good calorie counting website that has lots of options and is easy to use?:help:

Tonia I use sparkpeople.com and it's really easy to use. It has a lot of products/food already included on the website so you don't have to manually enter every single thing. You can also keep track of your exericse on there too. Good luck!

Where do you get the muscle milk light? What does it taste like? Is it like regular milk?

I have always had the regular shedding... but I have noticed more.. but not handfuls..