Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October 2006 Bandsters!

Thanks Ladies For The Quick Response Because I'm At Work Really Stressed About How Much I Can Eat. But My First Fill Is Feb. 8th. How Much Do You Think I Should Start Off With? Any Suggestions?

Angie: Yeagh, I slowed down to. About 1, 1 1/2 Lbs. a week.

I try to eat 3 meals, and 2 Snacks a day. Calorie intake is a big part of this.

So count them up on paper, so you can see how much you really are eating, and were you can make some changes. If you want.

Protien shakes are a good thing. Try Muscle Milk Light. Go to ebay and type it in, then read the food guide, and look at the flavors. I live by this stuff. The Dietician at Henry Ford Hospital gave me a packet. It was fantastic. The more protien that you eat, well it kills your appetite.

So if you eat carbs by the gross, and feel like $hit, it's understandable to me as to why. 60-80G. of protien a day is a good range for a woman.

Eat some protien bars, s.f. puddings "individual cup size" for snacks.

For those of you into chocolates all the above come in Delecious chocolates. So if your Doc say's you don't need a fill "like mine does"

thean you got to count those calories up for yor self. I don't work out either. I can't, soooo,

i just keep tryin to stay between 700 -1000 calories. That's my guide line.

What's yours? Shirley...

Well I went to the Dr today..and I got my 2nd fill.. I hope this helps.. I was also feeling like I was eatting too much. but not as much as I used to.. so I am Clear Liquids today..and then full liquids tomorrow..and then trying regular food after then.

Hope everyone has a good weekend..

Happy Saturday my friends!

Well at my 3 month bandiversary I'm down 32 pounds. I would have liked to have lost more but i'm happy with the so far. Now i just need to get in for another fill, stop the late afternoon snacking and keep on the exercise. i know i never would have lost 32 pounds in 3 months on my own.

on an unrelated note - I feel like a million bucks today! today we have the avon walk great start party. you get to see what they have planned for this years walk, free goodies and the gym shoe measurer folks! i seem to have lost alot of my weight in my feet cuz my shoes are too big! =) I did my first walk in 05 - I was just one person. In 06, a coworker joined and we were 2. This year - we have doubled. Now we are 4! a little awareness really can go a long way!

Have a great day my friends!

I just wanted to say thank you to all of my Oct friends!!

I went to a support group meeting at my dr's office this week. There was a woman there who did everything "perfectly". She doesn't cheat doesn't slip up, always chews her food thoroughly, and follows all the rules. I just wanted to stand up and scream "SHUT THE F*%C UP".

I love this thread. It really seems like everyone is so supportive of each other. I love that in addition to great advice, great support and incredible enthusiasm, people on this thread are honest and real. We all mess up sometimes and don't follow all rules all of the time. We all have days when we need a little boost. I just really appreciate that everyone here is so willing to admit their weaknesses and downfalls. We all have them!!!!!!!! Some days we help boost and some days we get boosted.

It even seems like many of the other threads have people on them who are "know it allls" (we all know who they are, we've seen their posts). Often, I find many judgemental posts as well.

this thread is awesome! I love the comraderie (sp?) that we share, the honestly and the support.

OK - let me wipe the tears from my keyboard;)

Have a great weekend everyone. Let's do our best!

Couldn't of said that better myself.. We really are a good bunch.

Awwww threebeauties, what a nice post!! We are a great bunch!! :)

I think we are all AWSOME! Fun people that I feel like I know personally. Have a great weekend all! We're all a bunch of LOSERS!!!!!!!!! Never ever enjoyed saying or hearing that so much!!

Threebeauties, that's why I refer to y'all as my Angels............

This is an awesome group!

I'm proud to be a member................Jimboss

Hello Oct Friends

It is hard to believe but today is my 39th birthday! I am a little bit sad that this is my last year as a member of the 30 somethings. On the other hand, I am hoping to look and feel better than ever in my 40's

I feel like I am well on my way. Today, on my 39th birthday I weigh 39 lbs less than I did three months ago!!!!!!!!!!!

(We are going to see Supernova tonite, I have to say Tommy Lee is one of my guilty pleasures)

Have a great week everyone, let's keep doing our best!

Well Happy Birthday to threebeauties! At least you said something, or no one would no. 39 sounds like a very good number for you so far. I'm sure it's only gonna get better. You say your'e kinda bumbed, well imagine 1 year from now, when it is your birthday again, how much weight you will have lost by then. Sounds good to me. Enjoy your Birthday. Shirley...:happybday2: :happybday: :confused:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY THREEBEAUTIES!!!:confused: