Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October 2006 Bandsters!

Thanks Jules! I'm sure I will be ok in a day or two. I'm just kind of disappointed because I've only been to the gym once this week. Better to lay low for a day than to further injure it I guess.

Happy Friday Every one!!!! Hope at least most of you are o.k...

I go on the 24th. for my second fill. I'll be glad. Then on 02/05/07

I go in the Hospital for a total Knee Replacement. I'm looking foreward to this, pain free, then off to a gym for Rehab, I figure that will help. Then,,

when I am able I'll go walking, or biking, or who no's?, maybe even join a gym. I'll find out how my Valentines Day Goal is doing,and I'll let you no.

Have a nice Friday. Shirley...

Happy weekend my friends!

the scale finally moved in the downward way again!! 2.5 for the week! Which seems a little bizaro to me since i went out with work folks and had a little steak and 2 drinks but I will take it!!!

off to make something protein-alicious for breakast.

Yay...I made it to the gym today! I'm almost looking forward to my weigh in tomorrow to see how I've done this week. I'll let you know...

I'm ashamed to say that for the past two days I have not exercised. And even though I had a fill less than a week ago, my eating is off the charts. Today, I am going to get back in my routine! I NEED to work out today. I NEED to eat right today. Weekends are always such a danger zone for me. During the week and I'm at work it seems so much easier. Friday night comes and for some reason I think I need take a break. But I can't take a break. I need to do this everyday. I will do this everyday! I will!!!

Jimboss: Sounds like you fell of the wagon as they say.

I say youre only Human. "Believe it or Not!!!"

This is a one day at a time thing.It's not a race, It's for life.

Figure out what you want to do, if it's counting calories thean

break out the paper, and start adding them up. If it's working out,

try some realistic goals. Maybe 3x a week. If it's a drag "do I no it can be a drag at times" then break it up. Go swimming in a nice heated pool, "I no it's winter"Do you Ice skate at all?, Go to the Mall or stores and walk for a while. I guess what I am saying is get your excersise, but make it fun to.

Come February/March I am going to spend a lot of time in a pool for this knee, But it might become a permanent thing for me, thats up to the Surgeon. Good Luck, Don't kick your self to hard, cause tommarrow is another day. Shirley...:faint:

So I weighed myself today and I'm back to 193.4 so I guess that's good! Less than a month to meet our challenge...I hope I can do it. I also went to the gym again. I'm so glad my leg is feeling better.

Jimboss I know what you mean about the weekends. I do the same thing! It's like I'm out of my work/weekday routine and I go crazy! Don't worry, you'll be back on track soon.

How is everyone else doing?

Hi everyone! I've been doing ok, but still don't have the exercise thing down pat. I've been sick almost the entire month of January and think I have bronchitis because I can not stop coughing to save my life. I'm off to the doctors tomorrow morning to get on some meds!

But I am down 1.5 this week, so I'm about halfway to our Valentine's Day challenge.

Add me to the weekends are rough crew. for some reason why hubby is home the whole routine is out of whack.

Jimboss - I am so happy for you that you are so dedicated and committed to yourself. Can I just add something? Don't feel bad about skipping a day or two. A healthy lifestyle is all about moderation. Don't get me wrong, I think you are awesome and I WISH I had your motivation and dedication, just saying be proud of yourself for what you HAVE done.

And, by the way, you are an inspiration to me, you are responsible for me dusting off the treadmill and finally getting on it approx every other day.

Good luck

Oh yeah, GO PATS!!!!!!!!!!! (like dieting isn't hard enough, having MY team playing in the championship game doesn't make it any easier today!!!!!!!!!!!

Since I work shift work, with a rotating schedule, weekends don't bother me much, since i don't really have any...lol. I seem to eat less on my days off. weird... I'm coming down with a cold....got the sore throat and earache. Hope it goes away soon, i hate feeling like crap. I only got sick because i was going to go to the gym today...lol.

I'm with you threebeauties! Go Pats!!!!!!

That cold thing with the cough is all over the country. I had mine for almost a month, "still on anti biotics" they are calling mine Bronchitus.

At work several ladies have had this, and were hospitalised with phnemonia. So just a wise word Go to the Dr... This is turning out to be something. Igot sick the day after Christmas. That's a long road.

Sounds like my husband is comeing down with something now. I hear the sniffles.

I am fine, go for a fill Wednesday, then Surgery for a new knee. I'm gettin

all fixed up wile I can. Our jobs are going to Mexico; So eventually we to will be out of work, but they will send us to school and pay us for a total of 3 years. So I'm getting it all fixed wile I got Ins... How is every one else? Shirley...

i

Happy Sunday friends

Anyone watching the football game? I just remembered the bears where playing. some good chicago gal i turned out to be. :)

so i bought the leslie sanson's 5-day fit walk Walk Away the pounds video months ago - i'd say during the preop liquidness. I did the 1 mile walk thought it was kinda hoekey. i thought i did plenty of strolling and mild walking in place but i need to get my act together for the avon walk in june.

so today I throw it in and jump right to the 30 minte 2-mile walk. that kicked my buuttt!!! i had some initial crazy person thought where i could do this and then hop on my elliptical. nopers i think i'm going to go lay on the carpet til its time for bed.

Have a wonderful week friends! We can do this.:clap2:

... I think i'll call tomorrow for a fill.

How bout' Da Bears! They'll have a tough time of it with those Colts though.

Thanks for all the kind words girls. I know y'all are right. Just sometimes you need to "bitch" a little. Right?

Last night I hit my treadmill again and it felt so good. Not only physically but in my mind I was proud of myself. And even though my beloved Bears were playing...I only nibbled on pretzels. The hardest part was not drinking any fluids while doing the pretzel thing!

I stepped on my scale (which I'm not sure I trust) this morning and darned if I wasn't down 3 pounds since my fill last Tuesday! I was starting to think I needed another tightening... but maybe not now.

And from the bottom of my old heart, I thank each and everyone of my October Bandster Angels for being here. Not only for me but for all of us. This is the best "club" I've ever been involved with!

Love ya all...........Jimboss

Hey Jimboss, I feel the same way. The October Bandsters are the best!!!!!!! It helps keep me going too.