Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October 2006 Bandsters!

KStar congrats on your second fill! I hope it works well for you. Sometimes I still feel like I can eat too much too. I'm not sure if I can, or if my idea of a portion is just distorted now. haha. Either way keep us updated on how it works for you. I was considering a second fill, but after my first PB yesterday I think I'll wait a bit. haha

Happy Monday friends.

Hope you guys are well. This cold is still kicking my tuckuss but i came into work anyway. We're technically closed but could come in to catch up and then get a floater to use later.

work ordered pizza and i asked Mary to order me a small Soup. It was more carrots and celery than anything else but at least i didn't have the pizza. now i have my headphones on & googling nonprofits to send my resume to - probably not works idea of catching up but... =)

Have a great day!

Hey everyone! I got back from Seattle tonight and I'm a little bit afraid to weigh in for tomorrow....lots of drinking and eating and not enough walking since it was freezing!! We'll see how tomorrow goes.

Ok. Where is everyone???? Any October Bandsters out there???????

I hit 45 pounds this a.m. Woo Hoo!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know it is the bike riding that is helping boost my metabolism. I haven't gotten off the 30 minutes yet, except once, but at least I keep doing that much.

Jimboss, you out there?

Jessica, I hope your weight surprises you this a.m.

Hello all of my Bandster Angels!

Yeah Jules darlin'......I'm still here, and Jessica I am confident that your weight blew you away today! A little trip to Seattle with a few drinks and etc. shouldn't affect you...Now if you did it everyday? Hmmmm.

Guess what? I'm pumped! My Dr's office called and there was a cancellation! I'm in today at 1:30 for my third fill! Yipee! I was really stressing not being able to see him until Feb 1st. But bless y'alls hearts, you kept me feeling good about a cancellation and damned if it didn't happen!

So tomorrow at this time I'm hoping to feel so full I don't even want to think about food! And tonight my lovely bride was making sausage gravy and bisquits. Hmmmmm. There will be a lot of leftovers I'm sure! LOL.

By the way, it is colder than a well diggers shoes here in South Dakota. Woke up this morning to 17 below zero! It seems I get a little colder now that some of my insulation has disappeared! And that's a good thing.

Hey, I love you all! If I could give each of you a big hug and kiss you know I would!

~~Jimboss~~

Ok everyone...I weighed in this morning and I had gained 2.6 pounds. This doesn't really surprise me since I basically ate whatever I wanted and didn't drink enough Water. I don't feel too bad about it, I had a great vacation. I know that I will do better this week. It is SO, SO cold here in Salt Lake CIty...I don't really want to do anything but sit under a balnket. But I promise I will go to the gym tomorrow!

Jules congrats on hitting 45 pounds! That is phenomenal!

Jimboss I'm excited you got in early for your fill. I'm going in on Thursday for another fill myself.

Good luck to everyone this week! I certainly need it...

Jimboss, I am so happy you got into someone's cancellation. That is awesome!!!!!!!!!

Jessica, I agree, don't sweat it. You will have that back off in no time. You are doing great. Just keep up the exercising. I swear it makes such a difference. It sure has for me.

It's pretty cold here in Houston too Jimboss....lol....a good 32 degrees...heheeh.Okay I know its not that bad, or not really bad at all, but us Southern folks are not used to anything below 60...lol. They make such a big deal out of the cold weather here...all you see on the news is "The Bitter Winter Blast" what a crock...

Anyway, Jess, don't worry about those extra 2lbs, they are sure to shed off this week when you get back on track, heck, whats vacation if you can't splurge a little. Since my fill, I have had no appetite at all, i just think about food all the time, but nothing sounds good. I know now how those silly skinny people just "forget to eat"....okay I'm lying, don't think i will ever not be able to think about all the good tasting food out there.

Congrats Jules!!! 45 lbs is a huge milestone. You're doing great!

Jimboss - congrats on your 3rd fill. Hopefully this one kicks in for you. Let us know how it goes.

JDru - I missed you!!!! Glad to have you back! They way you've been working out, those 2 lbs will be gone before you know it! No worries!

I got my fill yesterday. Thank goodness! And there were no sausage gravy and bisquits for supper...but I did have 1/2 cup of oatmeal! Yummy (sigh). But that is good. I feel good about myself when I can honesty say 1/2 cup of oatmeal. And last night I did another mile on my treadmill which always makes me feel good...especially after I'm showered and kicked back on the couch.

I gotta tell you guys about something funny that happened last night. I was in the grocery store and I was standing in line at the checkout counter. In front of me was a fella about 40-45 years old. For his age his body was pretty awesome (no, I don't normally check guys out!). He had on a pair of jeans which were pretty tight, a narrow waist, and rather broad shoulders.

Behind me were two young girls, maybe in their early twenties. The guy in front of me paid and was leaving and I heard one of the girls behind me say "for an old guy, he has a nice ass". Now I knew they were talking about him but.......I turned to them and said "Thank you. I've been working out". They were speachless! And both of their faces turned as red as a beet!

For me, it was one of those priceless moments...because I know that one of these days, in the future, it might be me that recieves a comment like that!

Hey, to all of my precious Bandster Angels....Old Jimboss loves ya! Y'all keep up the good work and let's keep up the losing!

Jimboss - now that's the way I like to start my day!! I love that story!!

I haven't checked in in a bit. I'm doing pretty good. After my last fill I was so optimistic. However, I don't know about you guys but.........it seems like my fills "wear off" pretty quickly.

I watch a lot of Discovery Health Channel and there have been a ton of shows about weight loss recently. I have to admit, I get a little "jealous" of the bypass patients who lose so much weight seemingly effortlessly. One show was about a teenager who had the procedure done and they followed his journey. They interviewed him twice during the weight loss process. Once, he was eating pizza and coke, the second time he was having Breakfast, pop tarts!!! he lost all of his extra weight!

I know deep inside that the band is right for me. I still have to make the choices. I have been having a lot of "head hunger" lateley. I guess this is the phase of dieting where, in the past, I throw in the towel.

I am staying strong though. Maybe I just haven't hit my "sweet spot" yet although food gets stuck a lot. I have been doing the treadmill for 1/2 hour most nights which definitely helps!

Thanks for listening. Thank goodness for you guys. I don't post a ton but I always read your posts. You are all my inspiration.

Hey all! Happy Wednesday! Well, I went to the gym again last nite and thought I would incorporate the illiptical? into my routine. The nite before that, I tried and only got to 1 minute. OMG! How painful and hard. Well, I want everyone to know that last nite I managed 2 minutes, YES, 2! For me that is the hardest thing! I have been doing the treadmill first, so I'm thinking that tomorrow nite I will do the illiptical? first and then the treadmill. I am shooting for 3 minutes. I am really getting into the exercise thing though. I am amazed at how losing weight does improve your stamina and gives you more energy to exercise.

Well, everyone have a great day. Talk to ya soon!

Jimboss you are too funny!

Ok, I'm trying to get back on track here...had a lot of head hunger issues the past few days. I kind of let myself eat whatever I wanted while I was on vacation and it's hard to get back on the wagon now that I'm back home. But I am going to the gym tonight!! And I have to clean my house...that counts as exercise right? :scared:

Jessica darlin', if you have kids...HELL YES cleaning house is exercise! Even if you don't, it's a good workout. And I know you'll be back on track in no time at all. You'll probably be the first one to meet the Valentines Day Challenge! Think about it...."JDru, Setting the Example".

And KStar...Damn girl, I'm originally from the south. I was born in Georgia and raised in Virginia. I know that 32 degree's is cold. And I'll bet in Houston you are freezing your Buns off! Brrrrrrrr. I've been in South Dakota (still South right? LOL) now for 10 years. And I've actually finally started to get aclimated to this place. But 17 below? Geez, enough is enough. Sometimes I have to do a Dorothy....I click my heals together and think "there's no place like home". But when I open them up I still see the frozen tundra, not the Blue Ridge Mountains. Bummer.