Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Getting Very Frustrated

I'm kinds worried. She disappeared.

I would go out to a Soup and salad buffet that had broth Soups. It really hit the spot. I would also mix up the powder from Ramen noodles.

As for peeing, before surgery I would go all the time - at least a dozen times in an 8 hour work day. Plus, I would get up once or twice in the middle of the night. It increased on the liquid diet. Now, I go more normally. It is the best side effect of surgery. I drink more Water, and I go to the bathroom less. I probably go around 8 times a day. I can sleep through the night, and my partner goes to the bathroom before I do in the morning.

Hang in there. The rewards are worth it!

cookie try this pre op liquid diet. its from kaiser.

Breakfast oatmeal and nonfat milk

snack protien drink

lunch broth/soup and yogart or nonfat sugar free pudding

snack protien drink

dinner broth/soup and yogart or nonfat sugar free pudding

lots of Water, crystal light and plenty of sf Jello

Oh ngm, I could probably stick to that for a day, then at 10pm my stomach would eat me!

I would go out to a Soup and salad buffet that had broth Soups. It really hit the spot. I would also mix up the powder from Ramen noodles.

As for peeing, before surgery I would go all the time - at least a dozen times in an 8 hour work day. Plus, I would get up once or twice in the middle of the night. It increased on the liquid diet. Now, I go more normally. It is the best side effect of surgery. I drink more Water, and I go to the bathroom less. I probably go around 8 times a day. I can sleep through the night, and my partner goes to the bathroom before I do in the morning.

Hang in there. The rewards are worth it!

I'm the same way with going to the bathroom - why is that? I used to wake up a few times in the middle of the night - now I sleep through the entire night! My urgency changed as well...now, I know I have to go w/o feeling the "hurry" you gotta go feeling. I'm 1 week post op and wasn't sure if my bladder was still "sleeping" or whether removing part of the stomach caused a pressure to be lifted from the bladder. Whatever it is, it is GREAT! Like 2 surgeries for 1.

This is actually a question I have on my list for the surgeon at my next appt. as I'm curious.

I'm the same way with going to the bathroom - why is that? I used to wake up a few times in the middle of the night - now I sleep through the entire night! My urgency changed as well...now, I know I have to go w/o feeling the "hurry" you gotta go feeling. I'm 1 week post op and wasn't sure if my bladder was still "sleeping" or whether removing part of the stomach caused a pressure to be lifted from the bladder. Whatever it is, it is GREAT! Like 2 surgeries for 1.

This is actually a question I have on my list for the surgeon at my next appt. as I'm curious.

The only thing I can think of that has truly changed is that I have less weight pressing on my bladder from the pre-op diet and I drink less caffeinated beverages. My urgency is also gone. Pre-op, I was barely able to get my pants down fast enough to pee, and I was dancing the entire time. Now, I can wait a long time from the moment I feel fullness until it gets bad. I easily waited an hour today, and I wasn't dancing when I finally went!

If you get a good answer, please send me a PM and let me know what the surgeon had to say.

The bladder changes are awesome - I used to call myself "princess bunny bladder" because i had to pee like every 20 minutes - even when i wasnt drinking oceans of Water. Now i can go hours upon hours and not have to go - fabulous :)

Helllooooooooo!!!! How you doin on the pre-op? Still frustrated or getting into the groove? How long til the big OP?!??