Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I need a "chewing for dummies" book! Never had been good at eating slow and still am not able to do it. Do you have any suggestions for people like me? I slime probably 2x a day and sometimes am in such a state of uncomfortableness. I think my fast eating stems from college and early years in the workforce. It was go, go, go all the time. Now that i am mid-age these are super hard habits to break, even once!

I forgot to say in the last post i am about 9 weeks post op and do eat solid Proteins for lunch and dinner.< /p>

THat sounds awful. Is it something that you swallow or do you have to spit into a napkin or do you have to go to the bathroom?

It sounds pretty gross, but really it's not that bad, just bad enough to want to avoid repeating.

It is really just thick saliva. If you don't chew well enough or eat too fast you will likely experience it. Initially for me iwas like my mouth was watering, and I just swallowed like prettymuch everybody does. Then after a few minutes I was experiencing a fullness that was a bit much. I went to the restroom and spit up the "slime" not at all like vomiting, more like squeezing toothpaste.

The slime is when you eat too much or don't chew well enough and nothing is moving on through your sleeve. There is no place for your saliva to go (and we produce a lot of it) and so it backs up in the esophagus, then the mouth, and then you feel terrible and slimy. The only cure for me is to get rid of it.

Well, you wanted to know...

can anyone tell me why .......after eating i get this slimy frothy spit in my mouth....so bad i have to spit it out....along with a little bit of nausea.....its after I eat but I have not pin pointed when or what foods may cause it. Im going to start writing this down.....it is an awfull feeling in my mouth.....am I alone in this....have i over eaten, or am i eating the wrong foods?

THat sounds awful. Is it something that you swallow or do you have to spit into a napkin or do you have to go to the bathroom?

normally a napkin will have to do .....I dont want it in my mouth long enought to have to wait and run to the restroom....its a horrid feeling....

I am 2 weeks post op and I have had this happen 3 times. I think I eat or drink to fast and thats when it haoppen.

The first time I was eating Tomato Soup and Beans and after the third bite I felt like I was filled to the gills and couldnt swallow anything. I was neauseous and I just felt aweful!! I had to run in to the restroom and spit it up. There wasnt much food just this thick saliva. Not pleasent at all!!! I had it a little last night after taking my gummie Vitamins.

It is a crazy sensation, I was like what the hayle is going on .....however it caused me to chew more slowly and be very cognizant of how much I ingest...

Omg! I just asked.this on a new thread...

I was sleeved on 9/13/12 and today when I was eating a peach my back started hurting.and felt pressure on my chest very uncomfortable. So I stooped eating and then had to run to the bathroom and tree up nothing but foamy saliva. Gross. Then my back was still hurting and felt like I had to burp for what seemed to be an hour maybe less. Awful feeling and painful.