Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Am scheduled to have surgery Tuesday September 4th. But on Thursday I got a call from the receptionist @ the Doctors office saying they have to cancel the surgery because I won't get approved by tuesday! I was confused since i had recieved a letter of approval from my insurance company a month prior to the surgery date and I SHOWED it to them when I went for my preop testing that previous Friday. She said she didnt remember so yesterday morning I re faxed EVERYTHING!!! I got a call from my doctor yesterday afternoon saying he will keep me on his schedule for Tuesday but pushed me back, to be his second case just in case the insurance company approves it that same morning! This uncertainty is driving me crazy!!!!!!! :_( :_(

I am *

receptionist @ the Doctors office saying they have to cancel the surgery because I won't get approved by tuesday! I was confused since i had recieved a letter of approval from

Julez23'

hi there

sorry that you are going through this "uncertainty" stage when your WLS will, or will not be done

in december 2011 i was scheduled for 12/8/11 - the day before WLS i got a call saying they had to post-pone do to a problem with schedule.

i was all hyped up for this surgery. i also was so upset - WLS was delayed to 12/15/11, not too bad, could have been worse

having a delay with your WLS is a pain, but in the long run, it is worth it

good luck

God Grant Me Patience, Just Please Hurry up it

Sorry you are going through this!

How frustrating! I'm sorry you had to go through this - I think I'd be a bundle of nerves. I hope they get their act together and get everything straightened out. Did she get the refaxed copy of the approval? It's strange that you have a copy of it and they think it's still not approved. I'd call your insurance company too - ask them to verify the approval and to call your doctor's office for you. I find that usually the insurance reps are willing to call the office to verify benefits/coverage/approvals so you aren't waiting on the coordinator at the office to figure it out.

I am *

I hope you don't take this the wrong way, and I'm only informing you because I find it quite useful, but whenever you realize you've made a mistake after posting, there is an "Edit" button on the bottom right hand side of the text box next to "Multiquote". I use it a lot because I often forget to proofread my messages before I send them. Only trying to help here, no disrespect intended.

Don't worry! Your time will come. I was supposed to have mine in march. Was denied and had to take a 26 weeks class after 6 month with a dietician. Was totally misinformed by my pcp. I finish it all in October and maybe will have my date in the new year (fingers crossed). After all is said and done, it will be 21 months. Your so close and it will happen.

Hang In there :)

If you have the paper, there shouldn't be an issue. Make sure you have a COPY of it with you on Tuesday. Save the original at home ;) Good luck with everything.

Precisely the reason that even if my insurance had paid part of the cost of my sleeve, I still would have gone self-pay to Mexicali to Dr. Aceves. I don't like insurance companies controlling my life any more than absolutely necessary. Good luck and much patience with your uncertainties...K