Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Excerise I Hate It, Even The Stuff I Thought I Liked

I have just hit 104lb loss and for that I am extremely greatful. I have 100lbs to go and I have to admit I hate excerising. I do met with a trainer once a week to keep me accountable. I have taken swimming lessons this summer so I can swim in the real swimmers lanes at the YMCA, and go for at least one power bike ride a week. I'm just tired of not being able to keep up. The Y's pool is 75ft long and I can not complete 2 laps without stopping, and my knees hurt on the bike ride. Power walking is exhausting. I know I need to increase my cardio to improve my swimming and walking so I keep trying, but it does not seem to be improving. I realize I have made improvements to my health and mobility and am just venting. I'm just getting tires instead of pumped up. Why can't reading and computing be a cardio workout?;)

Thank you for letting me vent, I'm off to the trainer today! Yah

You're doing great and your results are showing -- which is why you're still going. It's great that you're staying committed! Besides, doesn't apart of you feel great immediately following a work out? It's always the initial motivation that gets me Oh and knowing the for sure soreness the next morning hehe

Swimming is amazing exercise! It will get you shredded. They don't call it a "swimmer's build" for nothing!

And if reading were cardio activity maybe this country would be more literate.

Exercise can be a job but just like a paying job it's something you have have to do. Hate it but do it anyway. I get up at 5 am 6 days a week to run for 40 minutes on the elliptical. It's a real grind but it's something that I know I have to do if I want to stay alive so I do it.

I hate it too. I spent forever trying to find that one exercise everyone claims to love. It's not out there for me. I'm trying to vary my routine with swimming, yoga, biking, walking. Sounds like you are doing the same.

It's a box we have to check. I got a pedometer so at least I feel some reward when I park at the back of the lot, take the stairs, etc.

I started writing my exercise down so I feel a sense of accomplishment. I also don't want to leave any days with empty boxes.

Good luck and keep trying!

And if reading and computer stuff counted, I'd be anorexic!

Do they offer other classes at your Y? I always find exercise more.fun when its.not so monotonous and I can forget about it. Zumba for example or other step classes they are great workouts and I tend to get lost in the instruction rather than how thinking about that I am exercising. Also I am not sure what kind of bike u have but if ur seat is too low or the adjustments aren't right for an intense bike ride.this could be causing some of ur knee pain. You may want to ask your trainer or a spin instructor at the Y could show u on a stationary bike.

Every little bit counts.sounds like you are doing great!

I am not a huge fan of exercise myself. One thing I did fall in love with is zumba. I go with some friends once a week and it's a blast. I haven't been able to go for a few weeks because of surgery, but I can't wait to go again. They offer them for sure at 24 hour fitness and my YMCA offers them. My hour of exercise goes by fast and I was burning between 800-1000 calories.

everyone has to start some where even if they have never had a weight problem. I would suggest starting bike 3-4 times a day for 15 min each time. do what you can and build your time up as you go when you can bike longer in one session then do it 2 times a day down to once a day for the longer period of time. Your body will adjust it will take time but you will get there.