Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

135 Since My Surgery On 12/19/12

After struggling and yoyo dieting for years, I finally decided to get the sleeve. I thoroughly researched the surgery and my surgeon before doing it and I am SO glad I did! I can't believe the energy I have now! I think getting your mind prepared is most important! I think that if I wouldn't have made sure that I really committed to changing my lifestyle, I wouldn't have been so successful so far! For those of you that decide on this surgery, you must be compliant or you just won't see the results! Rule of thumb...don't try to eat bad foods. Just assume you can't and DON'T!

I have a few questions. Did you mean your surgery was in December of 2011? The title said 2012, so wasn't sure if it was last year or the year before. Also, you've lost 125 lbs? Either way, this number is awesome! Are you at goal?

You're right! Oops! It was 2011! Lol! I've lost 135 lbs so far! Best choice I have ever made!

Awesome job!!!! Are you at goal?

No!!! I need to lose at least 100 more lbs to be happy. I ended up weighing 425 before surgery! I never in a million years thought I would ever get that big! I have gone from a 32 to a 22! I'm starting to feel like me again!

post-43821-13813670382875_thumb.jpg

This is me before and ...in progress!

post-36157-13813659776179_thumb.jpg

Wow, you can definitely see the weight loss. Well, I have no doubt you'll lost the other 100 too. Stay focused and keep your eye on the prize.

Yes. I had surgery on March 13, 2012. I started at 243 and have lost 74 lbs. I weighed in at 169 this morning. My goal is to lose 108 lbs or weigh 135. However, I want to start toning up and muscle weighs more than fat so if I weigh more, but still fit in a size 6 pants I would be elated with this too. I'm currently in a size 10 pant. Oh, and I'm 5'5".

Congratulations and good for you! You look great! It's so good to see and read about the success of others. It gives me hope for the future and reminds me everyday that I'm doing the right thing. Thanks for posting.

Wow! I dontbthink a size 6 will ever be in my future! A 9, maybe....it's hard to think that way at this point though! @ sweetee... You are definitely doing the right thing! Just don't go into it thinking that you can go back to eating the same way! Also....don't "try" to eat the things you used to! It's a whole new mind set! My new mind set is that I didn't go through the pain of having surgery to start eating the same!

Wow! I dontbthink a size 6 will ever be in my future! A 9, maybe....it's hard to think that way at this point though! @ sweetee... You are definitely doing the right thing! Just don't go into it thinking that you can go back to eating the same way! Also....don't "try" to eat the things you used to! It's a whole new mind set! My new mind set is that I didn't go through the pain of having surgery to start eating the same!

I have to keep telling myself that I will not be able to eat the same. The strangest thing is until I started to see myself in pictures and seriously consider WLS, I didn't realize I had a problem with food. I guess I was so far in denial about my weight and especially about my poor eating habits. In my mind I didn't think I ate that much, but now that I'm waiting on surgery, I realize that I will snack all day (Cookies, chips, cheese, sodas) in addition to eating three overly proportioned meals! I know that this will be a hard road to travel, but I know that it's able to be traveled by interacting with people such as yourself. When I read success stories and see pictures and the smiles on poeple's faces, I realize that IT IS POSSIBLE! And I know by following the BLOGS and posts that it comes by hard work and perseverance, that's why I'm so thankful to you and all the others for sharing your experiences. My hubby has always been thin. He lifts weights and exercises daily, so he can't understand my struggle. Although he's very supportive, he just can't relate to being overweight. I lean on this forum for knowledge and support and I am so thankful for you guys.

You look amazing! You must feel great.

Excellent!! You're looking really good!! :)