Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Who Knew A 5K Could Be Easy!

A bit of inspiration and a bit of brag....

5 months ago I tried to run a mile at the gym... wasnt happening. I quit at 1/4 mile cause I was so out of breath and frankly... just couldnt do it. A month later, I managed to run a mile, but it took me 17 minutes! Fast forward a few months and I am running a 5K three times a week at the gym in under 40 minutes and still have the energy to do a bit of weight training afterwards.

WHO KNEW A 5K COULD BE EASY! Ive been running the local 5K charity races and now the hardest part is not the running... its getting up for the 8am start time! :)

The take-away to this is each step you take, each minute you run, each mile you walk you move towards a healthier lifestyle and better quality of life. No matter what your fitness level is today- someday (sooner than you think) you can be crossing that finish line feeling like a Olympic champion!

Way to go. I'm in week 2 of C25K and I'm just starting to like it. Finding a rhythm and a comfortable pace was not easy since I've never been a runner. But I'm getting there.

I have ALWAYS wanted to be a runner - but it wasn't happening. Well, my surgery is tomorrow. I already have a goal to run a 5k in the Spring. I WILL BE A RUNNER!!

Careful, it's addictive! I'm preparing for my first full (140.6) Ironman in the spring. Goals keep you going...

congratulations! that is one of my all time goals

Congratulations! I've got a goal of doing a 5k, then a 10k, then a half. I do run, though sporadically. I need to get out and do it more. Can't do the treadmill. I lie the change in scenery! A couple of years ago, I had my knee scoped and the surgeon advised against ever running. That was 100#+ ago so I get a bit of a charge when I'm out running, pretty much pain free.

Running is so addictive! I love it and have run a local 5k race each month since June just to challenge myself. I am running a 5k in September and October and then running an 8k in November with my goal to complete a half next spring!! It's so much easier without the excess weight and I get none of the pains I had when I was heavy. I love running outdoors, it's so peaceful, but I will hit the treadmill during bad weather so I don't miss my workout. Congrats to all the runners....we are doing this!!!