Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Calling All Dr Garcia Patients...

Thanks so much for sharing your experience with Garcia...im really stoked to find out he's got all new hi-def equipt! That rocks....i agree he's young' date=' but jeez he's been really busy this summer, and I've heard fantastic things all the way around a out him and the staff at Mi hospital. How did you contact friends/family? Im obviously bringing my phone, and an international calling card, but im not sure whether to bring my laptop...i prob wouldn't even use it, but im going alone and my peeps are gonna be freakin out if they don't hear from me...any suggestions?[/quote']

since I have an iPad and there was free wifi at the hospital and the Marriott so my husband and I could do FaceTime. otherwise, I emailed everyone else or messages using Facebook. I did not want to add international calling to my cell phone at a very exorbitant price.

The pre-op instructions that alma from Ready4Achange sent me says to start pre-op diet 7-14 days prior to surgery.

Lol, you are both right, it does say 7-14 days, I don't know what I was thinking! Wouldn't hurt soon it a little longer so I'm going to give it a shot!

Hello everyone, I was sleeved on the June 11, 2012. I didn't know of this forum and I chose Dr. Garcia because of all the other research I did on other sites. There are alot of other doctors to choose from but every time I called to get answers to my questions, they never hesitated to reply. The level of customer service you receive is impeccable and unmatched in the US. Even after I returned to the States, they were available by phone and email. Please note they will bend over backwards for you in the hospital and at the Marriott, but they are not a tourist company. It's a hospital and a business. They are not there to retrieve souvenirs. There were some people staying at the time I was there who were upset that they would not cater to them about moving around the city. Really? You can bring your laptop because the internet is free in both places. They also have computers at the hotel for your use. Lastly, there is a shared phone on the floor that is free and you can call the states. Hope this helps...

Having my surgery with Dr Garcia on Nov 5th. I have only found good comments so far. My family and co workers all think I'm crazy for going to Mexico, though 1 admitted to getting some work done there and thought it was great.

Hope all goes well with your surgery. Keep us posted!

I an just worry about the anestisia? Had anybody had that reaction. I want to know more about Dr. Garcia

I an just worry about the anestisia? Had anybody had that reaction. I want to know more about Dr. Garcia

What worries me the most is waking up and being nauseous. I hate feeling this way, I will pray that I am not.

Hi All,

I had surgery with Dr. Garcia on 8/3 and have been nothing but completely pleased. The entire experience was excellent from being picked up at the Airport, the hospital, the Marriott and the ride back to the airport. I have posted my experience a couple of other times since Ive been home a couple of other times also.

If you have chosen Dr. Garcia, you will not be disappointed....I know there are other great surgeons also but take it from all of us that have been there, you have made a great choice!

As for being nauseous after surgery, they will be very quick to give you something for it. I got 3 medications around the clock, right on time for nausea, gas and pain....so I would not be worried about that at all.

Any questions, just let me know!

bring your laptop because the internet is free in both places. They also have computers at the hotel for your use. Lastly, there is a shared phone on the floor that is free and you can call the states. Hope this helps...

It does help! Thanks a lot, sleevers! I feel ready. I feel like I've done more than enough research. As far as Dr Garcia and Mi Doctor Hospital, there are many topics and posts regarding him and the facility. For those new to the forum, use the search feature and type in 'Dr. Garcia Mexico'. I found a bunch of info and experiences regarding surgery, the hotel, broth, what to bring, etc, etc...again, thanks to all who have posted, and reposted their experiences. It makes us pre-oppers feel much better knowing you're out there safe, healthy, and happy with your sleeves. :-)

Jatorbur- with the laptop thing.....Was there a safe place to keep it while you are in surgery? I'm not bringing a guest.

I had surgery with Dr. Garcia on 7/30. I am a nurse and I will tell you I got excellent care. I went alone. The hospital has an 800 number that people can call you or you can call them. The hospital and the Marriott both had free wifi. I kept in contact with family and friends through FB. Eduardo was my coordinator and he also took excellent care of me. No complaints from me. I would do it the same way again if I had it to do over. You have to remember these Mexican doctors do the procedures everyday. They do have lots of experience in bariatric surgery. Best wishes to you all! God bless.

I had surgery with Dr. Garcia on 7/30. I am a nurse and I will tell you I got excellent care. I went alone. The hospital has an 800 number that people can call you or you can call them. The hospital and the Marriott both had free wifi. I kept in contact with family and friends through FB. Eduardo was my coordinator and he also took excellent care of me. No complaints from me. I would do it the same way again if I had it to do over. You have to remember these Mexican doctors do the procedures everyday. They do have lots of experience in bariatric surgery. Best wishes to you all! God bless.

Thank you so much for posting! I think I've heard more people going to Dr Garcia this summer than any other doc, in Mexico and certainly the states. Im very confident in my choice and it really solidifies it when I hear stories like yours....and everyone, it seems, tells the same story about Dr Garcia and the staff at MiDoctor.keep us posted :-)

Thank you for sharing please do keep us posted;) best wishes on your journey

Sent from my ADR6400L using VST

I had surgery with Dr Garcia on 8/21 and like everyone else that has posted, i couldnt have asked for better care or treatment!!...Everyone that was invilved were WONDERFUL!!!..I am so very happy that I chose Dr Garcia and his team!!...I am a Nurse and I traveled alone. I would love to send some of my fellow nurses there to learn good patient care!!...I had them lock up my wallet while I was there just for my own comfort and I got it back with everything intact as I knew I would right before I left the hospital...you will LOVE your experience in TJ Mexico!!

That's awesome!! I get more and more excited after every great story I hear ;) best wishes on your journey!

Sent from my ADR6400L using VST

Thank you, nurse05.....another happy sleeved healthcare professional. Makes me very happy :-)