Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

No Outside Food Allowed

Going to my sons football game last night was a bit of an eye opener. We got there early to get a seat and the game lasted a while so we were there several hours. When we got to the gate, there was a sign. NO OUTSIDE food. I had packed some Snacks and now I was told I couldn't take them in. ok, rules are rules. So my husband took my bag back to the car. We go in and are told, NO RE-ENTRY... Jeeze!!! when we get to the snack bar, the menu only consists of hamburgers, hot dogs, chips, and canned soda. I order a Water and was told, ”sorry, we usually have gatorade and water, but not tonight, we're sorry.” Not only did I become upset, I felt an anxiety attack coming on. I hadn't had anything since my lunch break earlier that day. This just isn't right.

What are our rights in taking in our own food to places like parks with restrictions? I'm going to be dealing with this all football season. Do I need a letter or prescription from my doc???

Tha'ts ridiculous! I would bring something with you and explain to the person hassling you about it that you are on a post-operative diet. If they still dont allow it, sneak it in next time! (I always do at the movies....)

agree w/Sleeve of Steel - its crazy "they" don't allow you to bring food/drink to the game, and SOS you are right about candy at movies

Do you have a big pocketbook? thats how i sneak food to movies etc.

maybe you can have DH sneak stuff in with you - it does sound funny - all this sneaking around

these places want you to buy their stuff - like those big boxes of candy - hmmm they are so good LOL - same with football/baseball etc. - they want your money

good luck

Sneak it in, and bring Water and gatorade, if they ask, you bought them at the concession.

But they won't ask :)

Bring a big purse with ur neccesities inside.

Kathy :)-

Great minds think alike :)

I would have just taken it in anyway if they ask I would say I have medical issues that I need to be able to eat food when my body calls for it and I can’t eat fast food and drink sugar loaded drinks!

They will assume your hyperglycaemic or diabetic and leave you be.

I have a wallet card from my doc. Asks if I can be allowed to eat reduced portions or order off children's menu. Otherwise states I've had a complex bariatric procedure. In case of ER call my surgeon at....

life is a journey, not a destination; so, stop running -H.D. THEROUX

i'd just bring them in, too.. they may not want you to bring your own stuff, but until they have items available for people with medical issues, then you can't really help it... and if they give you guff about it, i'd say that. if you want me to buy food & drinks HERE, then provide SOMETHING that i can eat & drink! otherwise i will be FORCED to bring my own!

you could write a letter to them & ask for healthier food & drink choices.. maybe even try to get your local media involved. :) y'know mrs obama is all about making america slimmer & trimmer & so you could probably even write HER a letter about it & maybe she'd have our lord and savior her husband (yes, that was sarcasm) make a law against serving fatty crap at sporting events or at least providing healthy choices. :)

you're not alone.. a lot of people are tired of having nothing but shyte to eat when they go out.. regardless if they've had WLS or not. :)

Sneak Sneak! It's not like there will a food police there. I am so sorry but it seems like there are so many challenges with trying to eat healthy!

talk to the athletic director at your school.... Usually they are kids running the gates.... What are they gonna do? LoL

I would do the same!!! Most everyone takes food in to them kind of places we all do the movies so we can have healthy food just do it ...

... :) y'know mrs obama is all about making america slimmer & trimmer & so you could probably even write HER a letter about it

you're not alone.. a lot of people are tired of having nothing but shyte to eat when they go out.. regardless if they've had WLS or not. :)

I reeeally don't want to start a political debate, but First Ladies have always had causes they support, and I think she picked a good one, like her or not. We DO have an obesity epidemic and we here are all living proof!

Absolutely agree about having healthier choices. We as consumers can effect change by voicing our opinions to dining establishments and voting with our pocketbook. Laws regulating what can be served would never work, and I don't think anyone (besides Mayor Bloomberg) would be foolish enough to try. I DO like the fact that restaurants have to disclose nutrition information. We cannot make good choices absent good information.

There are some places that frisk you for food. I swear I could have a knife and an apple in my bag and they would confiscate my apple! That's how it is at a local Water park.

I like the note from your doctor for those outside food nazis. Wouldn't it be great if we could have "permission to bring own food" on a medi-alert Bracelet? !

There are some places that frisk you for food. I swear I could have a knife and an apple in my bag and they would confiscate my apple! That's how it is at a local Water park.

I like the note from your doctor for those outside food nazis. Wouldn't it be great if we could have "permission to bring own food" on a medi-alert Bracelet? !

Lol, that's how they are at our little Water park in town.

That happened at my high school graduation actually. My mother left her sweater in the car and the hall where the graduation took place was chilly. So she tried to leave to get it and they told her no re-entry. So she said, "What if I were diabetic and I had to get my insulin from my car?" The guard at the door asked, "Are you diabetic?" and my mother replied, "Do you want to take that chance?"

He let her go and come back in.