Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Looking For Post Surg People With Approx 100 Lbs To Lose/or Losing

So I'm 5'7" with about 100 pounds to lose. Just curious what kind of progress/timeframe I might expect. I know I play a big part in my success and I plan on being a poster child for following directions. I see people losing 100 pounds in a few months, but I'm guessing they probably have more to lose.

If you had about 100 pounds to lose, what did your first few months look like in terms of success?

Thx!

I have lost 77 lbs and it was within about 5 months then the weight lost slowed down a lot. This is a life time of good healthy eating with way less portion sizes. Congrats on your success and remember, this is not a race. And the slower you lose the better, it gives your skin time to reabsorb so your have less baggy skin. :)

I lost the first 100 pounds in 7-1/2 months. It's definitely not about the speed of the loss, since that really varies by individual. If you have more than 100 to lose, your loss will be faster (typically, but not always!) than someone with right at 100 pounds to lose. Make the most of the first few months, stick to your dietician's plan, stay hydrated, and incorporate EXERCISE from the beginning (which I did not do and should have!) to both speed your weight loss, help retain muscle mass, and help keep your skin tight.

Best wishes!!

I am 5'7" and have/had about 100 pounds to lose. I've lost almost 70 in about 5 months, and I'm 59. I agree one should incorporate exercise to help stave off muscle loss, but I did/do not.

My weight loss has slowed some each month, but I am still very pleased with my progress.

Good luck with yours!

I've lost 57 in 3 months but I had a lot of complications and spent a decent amount of time in the hospital on tpn (iv food). Saw my nut yesterday and she said to be extra careful because not only does it make for extra saggy skin easier, but faster losers make for faster gainers afterward because your body becomes adjusted to "starvation mode" and then starts storing everything as fat. Sometimes it pays to be the tortoise and not the hair!!

Ive got 100 to loose-

almost at 5 months and 60lbs down.

April- 18

May- 18

June- 8

July- 9

August- 7

I am anything but perfect..... about month 3 I stopped low carbing and ate like a normal person... in much smaller quantities and tried to focus on Protein. I did see the weight loss slow dramaticly but thats OK... its still going down. I work out 3x/week for an hour.

I carry most of my weight in my abdomen and was worried about lose skin- but I wear a shaper every day to combat the sag and am hopeful I wont need surgery- just a lot of crunches! (FYI- I will most certianly need a breast lift though!)

I have around 110 pounds to lose. by 3 months I had lost 56 pounds. By 6 months, 75. Now at 7 months it has really slowed down. I'm at 82 pounds lost. i haven't lost anything for some weeks, but lost two pants sizes. Weird huh?

I'm not going to make that labor day goal.

Good Friday morning all!! I started with exactly 100 pounds to lose 5,1". As of today I am down 94 pounds. ( I haven't updated my ticker in awhile) I am 16 months post op. I was what they considered a "light weight". However, weighing 139 pounds today seems so sur-real to me. I have co-workers that have had the sleeve and they were two to three times heavier than me. And are 3,4 and 5 months post op and have lost an amazing amount of weight. I agree that following the post op diet and exercising is key in losing the weight. For me when I reached my 8 month is slowed way down. For several months now I have been struggling to lose my last few pounds. It isn't easy by no means. Dedication and a lot of right food choices and exercise is paramount. I wish everyone much success in their journey!!! Have a stellar weekend all!!!

Deb :)

I had about 90-something pounds to lose. I'm about 6 weeks out and I've lost around 48 pounds. I completely agree with all the people who posted above, so I'll just add that everyone's body is different so everyone loses weight differently. It's true whether you're sleeved or not. Comparing your weight loss with others' progress is kind of a dangerous game in this respect.

I lose muscle quickly, and I lose fat slower than muscle, so I'm sure a good portion of my weight loss is from muscle weight instead of fat. Also, I'll be headed back to the gym soon and I plan on toning up, so I'll probably gain muscle weight now. And muscle weighs more than fat.

Although I step on the scale every morning, I'm trying not to fixate on it. Instead I'm focusing on being able to fit back into my "thin clothes", which I'm happy to say I've started doing. My wedding band is starting to fit better too. :rolleyes:

In sum: don't just think about how fast you lose weight. You can get excited by all your NSV (non-scale victories) just as much.

Most of us lost 75 tp 120 lbs in lesd than a year. Tge slower you lose it the tighter your skin will be. Take your time it will come off. Drink lots of Protein Shakes and shots

I have lost 96 lbs and have been in maintenance for nine months. I lost 17 lbs my first month and then between 7-9 pounds most months after that. I was at goal in 10 months but then lost more because everyone but me in my family is skinny. Sure enough, my body settled at 136-138 lbs. I'm 5'8".

How have you been foxbins? Looks like you are doing GREAT!!!! It is so amazing how our sleeve works. I never thought in a million years I would be wearing a 6/8 misses. I haven't been this small in 16-17 years. It feels sooooooo GREAT not to be tired at the end of the day. Enjoy your weekend!

Deb :)

Thanks to ALL of you who have replied on this thread... you make me feel SO MUCH more at ease. I am 5'6" and had exactly 100 lbs to lose. I'm not excercising much due to an issue and I was worried it was just me that slowed down so much after the first month!

Month 1: 24 lbs

Month 2: 11 lbs

Month 3: 9.5 lbs

Month 4: 7 lbs = 52.5 lbs total

My logical brain says it's good I'm losing slowly because skin will have a fighting chance of catching up.... but my impatient brain thinks it wants 100 lbs off in 2 months.! :rolleyes:

It's nice to hear from others that have been through it and know there's hope!