Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hair Loss.. What To Do?!

Hello I am still pre-op but I have saw tons of posts on this subject. The common medicine that is being suggested is Biotin. Also check the post-op forums it is alof of posts about wait lost

I'm 7.5 months out from surgery and I've lost quite a bit of hair and I didn't have much to loose! My hair is fine and less than abundant without surgery so right now I feel pretty pathetic.

I've been taking a low dose of Biotin (I think 1000mg per day) for about 1.5 months and I tried the Nioxin hair care system for fine & thinning hair. I'm not convinced either of those things are doing much and I think the falling out is slowing on its own. It started at about month 3.5-4 for me.

I cut my hair to a shoulder length layered cut that gives it some volume and I use mouse to blow it dry and give it shape/volume. The Nioxin scalp treatment has sunscreen in it and I have to wear a hat if I'm going to be in the sun for any length of time because I don't want to burn my scalp.

All in all, I'd take the thin hair over the 80lbs A-N-Y day!

I been takin Biotin and u can also use horse hair Shampoo, u can find it at the pet store or 99 cent store, when u shower put some on ur scalp or wher ever ur losing hair and ONLY condition the tips of ur hair, the horse shampoo strengthens ur scalp and there's less hair loss... Just FYI :)

there are some suggestions on Pinterest .. if u do that!

I just started noticing mine coming out in clumps the last wk or so. I order Aveda Shampoo /conditioner for that. I love Aveda products anyway so hoping this will help some.

The hair loss is going to happen no matter what you take and scrub into your scalp. It's a reaction from surgery and the massive weight loss. I started losing mine a 5 months and it started growing back a month and a half later.

My stylist said: "OOOOOOOOOOO, baby hairs.

Go to your stylist and get a cut that makes you look like you have more. Avoid harsh chemicals. Try not to use the straightener and blow dryer so much. Eat well and get all your Vitamins.

The hair will grow back.