Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

After seeing OTR's Thread on not all Proteins being equal, I will admit I was wrong. I may be showing my age here, but that admission does not come easily...it is more like The Fonz from Happy Days saying very quietly and with much trepidation, I was Wro....oo....nnng. :D At least that's how my husband sees it when I have to admit that this was one of the RARE occassions when I was not right. LOL.

All kidding aside, I was thinking about what you might like as an alternative to the shots in your Water since you like the fruity flavor and having the blast of Protein in your Water. There are lots of good fruity flavored Proteins out there that would mix well into water. nectar is one brand that comes to mind that mixes up into a Kool-aid type of drink. I think you can order samples online through their website. I am sure there are more. Personally, I never liked the shots anyway and am not a big fan of fruity drinks so I am just going to throw my shot away. I'm more of a plain water and chocolate shake kind of girl. Thanks for taking the time to do the research, OTR and sharing it. :)

Ok so I t

Ok so I talked to my doctor and he said the Protein gullets were good for the first week while on clears and now I should get in all my Protein from my foods alone and if I need to , I can make a shake. Thanks OTR for your post or else I would've not asked ;)

alked to my doctor and he said the protein gullets were good for the first week while on clears and now I should get in all my protein from my foods alone and if I need to , I can make a shake. Thanks OTR for your post or else I would've not asked ;)

Susie, how long ago did you have your surgery? I don't see it listed anywhere. Thanks. (I would LOVE to get rid of my Protein shakes too!)

After seeing OTR's Thread on not all Proteins being equal' date=' I will admit I was wrong. I may be showing my age here, but that admission does not come easily...it is more like The Fonz from Happy Days saying very quietly and with much trepidation, I was Wro....oo....nnng. :D At least that's how my husband sees it when I have to admit that this was one of the RARE occassions when I was not right. LOL.

All kidding aside, I was thinking about what you might like as an alternative to the shots in your Water since you like the fruity flavor and having the blast of Protein in your Water. There are lots of good fruity flavored Proteins out there that would mix well into water. nectar is one brand that comes to mind that mixes up into a Kool-aid type of drink. I think you can order samples online through their website. I am sure there are more. Personally, I never liked the shots anyway and am not a big fan of fruity drinks so I am just going to throw my shot away. I'm more of a plain water and chocolate shake kind of girl. Thanks for taking the time to do the research, OTR and sharing it. :)[/quote']

Thank u for the nectar samples suggestion, I'll have to check those out ;).

July 7th hun, and u?

my surgery was July 6th! welcome to my corner of the world!!! :)

Has anyone tried Chike Protein? I tried the chocolate bliss with Almond Breeze almond milk w/ coconut Water & it was truly so good I wanted another! 29 grams of protein in 7 ounces & great taste--let's see how it fares after I am sleeved next week!

Has anyone tried Chike Protein? I tried the chocolate bliss with Almond Breeze almond milk w/ coconut Water & it was truly so good I wanted another! 29 grams of Protein in 7 ounces & great taste--let's see how it fares after I am sleeved next week!

Yes, I like the chocolate & the banana. The banana tastes like banana pudding. They are a bit high on calories, but that is because they are not just a Protein Drink, they are a high protein Meal Replacement.

So proud of my diet today. Grilled Cod, cottage cheese, muscle milk and small coffee drink. 100 grams Protein. The highest I've had since surgery.

Feels good. :)

Just a suggestion - something I did from about a week out. I started each day and ended each day with a cup of skim milk. I started keeping glass glasses in the freezer, just because i LOVE cold milk. I'm over two years out and i still do this!! It is 'liquid' and it's 8 grams of protein!!! :) You're doing great, I couldn't wait to stop drinking those little Protein 'bullets'!!! Ugh!!!

I'm struggling with the Protein since the beginning. I'm not a fan of Protein shakes and just not very hungry. I'm only getting about 20-30g a day and I know

I need more. Any suggestions you have are greatly appreciated!

I hated, HATED the Protein Shakes. I took three different ones back to GNC, thank goodness they have that policy!! I tried all of them, or so it seems. I learned unflavored does NOT mean unflavored, it just means it's not choc, strawberry or vanilla!!! What saved me was the Protein bullets from GNC, 42 grams in about five oz. I'd sip a little in the morning, a little at noon and finish it up before bed. I'd hold my nose and rinse my mouth afterwards, but it was easy, EASY compared to those nasty 'milkshakes'!!!! I'd make up the rest with my food. I drank two cups of skim milk each day, that's another 16 grams of protein. Almost my daily goal. As soon as I could I started eating 1% cottage cheese, 13 grams for 1/2 cup. I could not eat that much for ages, but I started out low. Bagged shrimp from Wal Mart is something else I've kept on hand since about six weeks after surgery. tuna, packed in Water. I add 2 TB of Lite mayo. Sometimes I add an egg and pickle, but with just the mayo, half the can is 1/4 cup, that is a ton of protein, just like cottage cheese, it's 13 grams! Fish is my favorite meat since surgery, it's 'soft' and goes down easy. I can eat more fish than pork, beef or even chicken. I like to cook chicken in the oven in a can of 98% FF cream of mushroom Soup. 1 can of Soup and almost a can of Water. Makes good gravy.....chicken is nice and moist!! These are the things that come to mind, I hope some of it helps!! Oh, do NOT forget eggs!!!! GREAT protein with an egg!

Thank u for that! What flavor is the whey Protein bullet? Where did u buy it?

I bought ones from GNC, brand is IDS Sports, they were 42 grams of Protein. I bought a case on line, after trying a few of them, I liked the blue raspberry the best, the fruit punch was not too bad, the grape was very strong! I didn't mix them with anything. Are they good? No, but with just a few oz to get down, it beats the heck out of gagging down a protein shake!! They aren't big and I wanted to just 'get one down' every day. A sip here and a sip there! They saved me!!!

I have a couple of those in my fridge and tried drinking just half. They tasted pretty good, but the Protein is so concentrated that the aftertaste is NAAAASTY. I could not drink it again. I never thought of mixing it in my Water for a fruity drink. ( I was trying to go for a big bang of Protein in a quick shot). Does that dilute the taste of the protein sufficiently? Had you tried it as a shot for comparison? I guess tomorrow I will give it a try and find out for myself. It's a shame to let them go to waste and I need to get more protein in too.

Although, today was a good protein day for me. I had two shakes, shrimp for lunch and some chicken for dinner.

Hold your nose and just take a couple of sips in the AM, Noon and PM. Rinse your mouth afterwards, just like a kid, but it works!!!