Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Great job!!!

I'm struggling with the Protein since the beginning. I'm not a fan of Protein Shakes and just not very hungry. I'm only getting about 20-30g a day and I know

I need more. Any suggestions you have are greatly appreciated!

I'm struggling with the Protein since the beginning. I'm not a fan of Protein shakes and just not very hungry. I'm only getting about 20-30g a day and I know

I need more. Any suggestions you have are greatly appreciated!

I mix my whey protein bullet with my propel and Water , I get my protein and Water intake and 26 grams of protein! Doesn't taste bad either, atleast to me ;)

Thank u for that! What flavor is the whey Protein bullet? Where did u buy it?

U can get the body fortress at Walmart, or on Amazon if u search for whey liquid Protein , they have lots of flavors, it also depends on ur location, I order a lot from amazon. They have watermelon, acai, blue raspberry, etc. lots to cheese from, u can even make it into Popsicles! Yum!

I mix my whey Protein bullet with my propel and Water , I get my Protein and Water intake and 26 grams of protein! Doesn't taste bad either, atleast to me ;)

I have a couple of those in my fridge and tried drinking just half. They tasted pretty good, but the protein is so concentrated that the aftertaste is NAAAASTY. I could not drink it again. I never thought of mixing it in my water for a fruity drink. ( I was trying to go for a big bang of protein in a quick shot). Does that dilute the taste of the protein sufficiently? Had you tried it as a shot for comparison? I guess tomorrow I will give it a try and find out for myself. It's a shame to let them go to waste and I need to get more protein in too.

Although, today was a good protein day for me. I had two shakes, shrimp for lunch and some chicken for dinner.

I have a couple of those in my fridge and tried drinking just half. They tasted pretty good' date=' but the Protein is so concentrated that the aftertaste is NAAAASTY. I could not drink it again. I never thought of mixing it in my Water for a fruity drink. ( I was trying to go for a big bang of Protein in a quick shot). Does that dilute the taste of the protein sufficiently? Had you tried it as a shot for comparison? I guess tomorrow I will give it a try and find out for myself. It's a shame to let them go to waste and I need to get more protein in too.

Although, today was a good protein day for me. I had two shakes, shrimp for lunch and some chicken for dinner.[/quote']

I never took it like a shot, I've always mixed it with Water and my SF mix. Just something I thought of lol. I don't think I can do the "shot thing" Breakfast tends to be too heavy on my stomach so I usually have my protein water in the morning on my way to work. It dilutes it for me, I make my own lemonade flavors depending in which flavor I think of that day. My newest is called watermelon lemonade, since I'm drinking the watermelon flavor with my lemonade propel, really yummy.

I have a couple of those in my fridge and tried drinking just half. They tasted pretty good, but the Protein is so concentrated that the aftertaste is NAAAASTY. I could not drink it again. I never thought of mixing it in my Water for a fruity drink. ( I was trying to go for a big bang of Protein in a quick shot). Does that dilute the taste of the protein sufficiently? Had you tried it as a shot for comparison? I guess tomorrow I will give it a try and find out for myself. It's a shame to let them go to waste and I need to get more protein in too.

Although, today was a good protein day for me. I had two shakes, shrimp for lunch and some chicken for dinner.

Tracy, am I understanding you had your surgery June 2012 and have lost 69 pounds in that length of time?!!! If so I am REALLY a little envious with my little 25 lbs. lost since July!!!

Tracy, am I understanding you had your surgery June 2012 and have lost 69 pounds in that length of time?!!! If so I am REALLY a little envious with my little 25 lbs. lost since July!!!

Those little trackers can be deceiving. I lost 10 prior to my pre-op diet. I lost another 15 while on my pre-op and then I have lost 38 lbs in 10 weeks post surgery. So really you are ahead of my pace when you look at it that way, since I have a whole month on you. But, as much as I would love to wake up tomorrow and be at my goal weight, I am okay with losing an average of 3 pounds a week. I still hate the stalls (I have had two) but I know now that they will pass. I also use them to evaluate what I am eating to see if I could be doing something different. You are doing great Sherree!!

What's in Body Fortress Super whey Protein Shot?

6 Shots fruit Punch

Serving Size1Vial

Servings Per Container6

Amount Per Serving

Calories 120

Calories From Fat 0

% Daily Value*

Total Fat 0g 0%

Sodium 95mg 4%

Total Carbohydrate 0g 0%

Sugars 0g

Protein 26g

Not a significant source of Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Calcium, Iron.

** Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet

Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs

Other Ingredients:

Purified Water, Proprietary Protein Blend (Hydrolyzed Collagenic Protein Isolate, whey Protein Isolate, Casein Protein Isolate), Phosphoric Acid, Natural Flavors, Branched Chain Amino Acids (Leucine, Isoleucine, Valine), Potassium Sorbate (Preservative), Sodium Benzoate (Preservative), Sucralose, Citric Acid, FD&C Red 40, Calcium Disodium EDTA, Acesulfame Potassium.

Contains Milk Ingredients.

Ilook at the ingredients. The very 1st thing listed here is collagen. This product derives most of its protein from collagen which is not usable by the human body.

What's in Body Fortress Super Whey Protein Shot?

6 Shots fruit Punch

Serving Size1Vial

Servings Per Container6

Amount Per Serving

Calories 120

Calories From Fat 0

% Daily Value*

Total Fat 0g 0%

Sodium 95mg 4%

Total Carbohydrate 0g 0%

Sugars 0g

Protein 26g

Not a significant source of Vitamin A' date=' Vitamin C, Calcium, Iron.

** Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet

Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs

Other Ingredients:

Purified Water, Proprietary Protein Blend (Hydrolyzed Collagenic Protein Isolate, Whey Protein Isolate, Casein Protein Isolate), Phosphoric Acid, Natural Flavors, Branched Chain Amino Acids (Leucine, Isoleucine, Valine), Potassium Sorbate (Preservative), Sodium Benzoate (Preservative), Sucralose, Citric Acid, FD&C Red 40, Calcium Disodium EDTA, Acesulfame Potassium.

Contains Milk Ingredients.

Ilook at the ingredients. The very 1st thing listed here is collagen. This product derives most of its protein from collagen which is not usable by the human body.[/quote']

My doctor recommends them to all his patients, when I asked him about the collagen protein he didn't say anything bad about it. So I dunno what to do now :/

I have the New Whey brand of liquid Protein shots.

180 cals per 3.8 oz container

Fat: 0g

Total Carb 2g

Sugars 0g

Protein 42g

Sodim 100mg

Potassium 50mg

Ingredients: Water, Complete Protein Matrix (IDS Proprietary blend of collagen Protein Isolate, Whey Protein Isolate and Casein Protein Isolate) then blah blah blah.

"Complete source of protein containing all essential amino acids as par of a balanced diet"

Because I have read that your body can only absorb 30 grams of protein at a time, I split this in half so it is 90 cals, 1 g carb, and 21 grams of protein per serving. Quite frankly, drinking even that little 1.5 oz is completely repulsive to me (but others don't mind it) so I have only had it once. I am considering Sweetsuzie's method of throwing it into my Water to see if it makes it more palatable.

It does not give the exact amount of whey protein to collagen protein, but it was recommended by others as a better source of protein than its collagen counterpart by folks on this site.

There are so many variations of protein powders, RTD's, shots, shakes, lattes (now I am getting silly) out there. It's overwhelming and confusing. We are all just doing the best we can with all the different opinions and recommendations of NUTs, doctors, bariatric nurses etc.. I would think getting 26 grams of collagen protein in a serving is better than getting 0 grams of protein because you can't find a way to make it work for you....just my opinion.

Those little trackers can be deceiving. I lost 10 prior to my pre-op diet. I lost another 15 while on my pre-op and then I have lost 38 lbs in 10 weeks post surgery. So really you are ahead of my pace when you look at it that way, since I have a whole month on you. But, as much as I would love to wake up tomorrow and be at my goal weight, I am okay with losing an average of 3 pounds a week. I still hate the stalls (I have had two) but I know now that they will pass. I also use them to evaluate what I am eating to see if I could be doing something different. You are doing great Sherree!!

thanks Tracy, when I think about it 25 lbs. is alot but it has really slowed down and I get a little discouraged. silly I know. It took me 3 months on Weight Watchers to lose that much before my surgery.

I think I need to pump up my exercise. thanks for the pep talk! :)