Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Poll - Are You Attracted To Overweight People?

What turns you on?  

3 members have voted

1. 1. What turns you on?

• I don't care how overweight my significant other (MSO) is, other virtues are what turn me on.
    • Fat turns me ON! The bigger the better.
    • Within reason MSO's weight isn't an issue for me.
    • I'm overweight, but I expect MSO to be only slightly overweight or thinner.
    • I won't settle for anything less than perfection. I am only attracted to model types.

I have been married for over 6 years now. When I married my husband He was 6'2 and 195 lbs. I was shocked the other day when my mom asked me, "What if your husband feels bad that you are getting surgery but he isnt?"

I said, "Why would he want surgery? He's not overweight."

My mom looked at me like I was joking. Later I was looking at my husband and realized he was getting a little chunky. I asked if he knew how much he weighed and he said "ABout 275 I think, why?" I couldn't believe I hadn't noticed an 80 lb weight gain!!! mb I just love him or just am not focused on his weight, or just TOO focused on my own weight problems. Anyway, once I realized he was overweight I now worry that he'll start getting some of the same health issues I'm dealing with. However, I think after surgery he will lose weight just because I'm eating/cooking better and I want to be much more physically active as a whole family. But yeah, mb love is blind.

BTW- weird coincidence. We've both struggled with weight our entire lives. when we met, we had BOTH just lost about 50 lbs and BOTH were at a normal weight. I just gained it all back before we got married and he hadn't. BUT that was one of the things that attracted me to him was that I knew he would understand my weight struggles and wouldn't judge me if I regained (which he NEVER has judged me for)

Where are all those guys who liked bigger women? I could never find them! I personally would like to find a guy just big enough to carry me out of a burning building. Yep, that sounds about right.

Where are all those guys who liked bigger women? I could never find them! I personally would like to find a guy just big enough to carry me out of a burning building. Yep, that sounds about right.

hmmmm Lisa...you just put an image of a hot fireman in my head....lol

For some strange reason I have always prefered short, thin men. Even when I was a teenager, I liked short thin men. It's weird. I still like short, thin men though most of them don't like me since I'm twice as big as they are. But at my age, the question is moot. I'm not particularly interested in men. I figure if I had a man, I'd just have to take care of him, and I have enough trouble taking care of mother, the 7 animals and myself. I would like a man who would take care of me though. Do you think they exist?

Bitter, I, too, have always liked short, thin, dark haired men. I think that this is because my father was short, thin and dark. I was imprinted early.

I've ended up more often than not with tall, thin and dark haired men. I have been very lucky with my current mate. He is a man who takes care of me. I've always wanted one of those and it has taken me a great deal of trial and error before finding one. I've kissed and done more with a lot of toads before finding my prince. Here's a hunting tip: find one who is nurturing towards his own family. When he attaches himself to you and yours he will treat you in the same fine fashion.

For me I like a guy to be TALL the taller the better .. the weight isnt so much an issue.

But I've never been attracted to a man who is shorter than me.

If he is thin or chubby .. it would be ok, though I prefer beefy broad shouldered strong men who I feel I wouldnt BREAK..:)

My family dubbed my husband "The pilsbury doughboy from hell" the first time they met him. (swell, aren't they?) - but I was certainly no skinny minnie - so what did I care?

I didn't marry him for his looks - I married him for the sex! :]

My only concern about DH's weight is for his health. But nagging doesn't work - and how well I know it.

I just keep thinking good thoughts for him. With every pound I lose - he gets a little more motivated to go to the gym. **Hooray**

Maybe some day, he will bend enough to consider the LapBand for himself - but again - the nagging thing doesn't work AT ALL. So, I keep thinking good thoughts....

:]

yea...I am overweight but my x hubby wasn't... I preferred it that way...Now that I am on the hunt again i don't really go for overweight men...you see I want someone that cares about their health and lives an active life and who can encourage me to do so too...there is no way I want to go back to being as I was... and most overweight men dont tend to portray that image. If i got with someone that didn't really give a d'mn about their body my fear is that I would revert to old habits...just my thoughts.

ok, I would like to know if is having the FLIP side of this! When I was bigger I tolerated my DH bigger, but now I feel like I have become to him what he was to me, a nag. I don't want to be, but I feel like I am doing the work, and I can not stand that he is not. I have found myself disgusted by the way he eats and the things he put in his mouth. Am I the only one? Please be honest!

My DH is not overweight at all, but he has gotten flabby in his older age, I guess he is skinny fat if that makes sense. I am noticing this more, and I've asked him to go the gym with me a few times. He never does. However, he did tell me the other day he will start next year - not sure why he is putting it off, but at least he is making a commitment.

When we met 21 yrs ago, I weighed 135 and thru our marriage years, when I porked out, he always encouraged me to lose weight, and would be my biggest cheerleader when I lost. He would even buy me new clothes for every 10 lbs I lost. But the last few years, he has said nothing, no encouragment to lose weight, nothing said about my weight at all. When I told him about the WLS, he said he was actually happy for me because he has seen me struggle all these years, and knows how hard I've tried to lose weight. I think he finally realized a few years ago how hard it is for me to lose weight so he just accepted me for what I looked like and my weight.

I am always shocked that he has stuck with me and still treated me and loved me the same fat or skinny. I do think if I had been fat when we met, he would have not ever even approached me.

I am not attracted to overweight people, however, I guess if your married to someone, you love them for no matter what and your attraction is deeper than the skin.

I have always been attracted to larger women, always!. However, larger women have never seemed to notice me. LOL.

I am usually attracted to athletic type men but if one was attraced to me I think what is wrong with him, because I am overweight I can't see anyone being attracted to me. Silly I know but that's how I see it.

I'm a big girl as most of us who get banded are..and overweight men don't usually turn me on....I went on a date with a really nice guy, he was a very large, lovely bloke but ...nothing!! I felt no attraction to him whatsoever...

then i went on a date with another guy, who's also overweight...and WOW...i am sooo attracted to him, like him a lot...

So wots the difference???? I asked myself that and the answer is personality - who they actually are!!

My conclusion is it doesnt matter what size they are its who they are that matters, and its a shame that I didn't meet a guy who thought the same until after I was banded...not that i'm regretting getting banded, not at all!! but even if this doesn't last at least I know that there are guys out there who think the same as me.....

I was surprised a few years ago (I was single at the time) when I found myself almost unable to look away from the face of a man working in an outdoors store. He was probably 6'2" and pushing 300 lbs, but he was GORGEOUS. Irish looking with the bright blue eyes, almost black hair, perfect smile, and seemed easy-going and very friendly on top of everything else... I was so disappointed when he turned around and I saw the wedding ring!

I like my guys a bit on the beefy side, substantial and just starting to run to pudge. Built for comfort, not for speed.

Athletic builds, like runners, are way too slim.

And skinny? I'd be afraid I'd break them.

I also think women should be curvy, not stick-like. :huggie: