Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Surgery Canceled

Has anyone had their surgery canceled the day of surgery because they did not lose enough on the pre-op diet? I am afraid that its what is going to happen to me. I have major pms bloating (should start the day of surgery), I am fighting emotional eating and I cannot take my medication that fights that. Needless to say this week has sucked and im sure I will be sent home crying on the 22nd. Oops, I also forgot that I am leaving tomorrow morning for a business trip and will not be home until 7 hours before set surgery...

I was in your boat, I started 2 days before surgery and my PMS was so bad. I was so sure they would tell me no but they did not. They are more worried that you are trying. My Dr. told me as long as I did not gain I would be ok. Good Luck. Keep positive.

Has anyone had their surgery canceled the day of surgery because they did not lose enough on the pre-op diet? I am afraid that its what is going to happen to me. I have major pms bloating (should start the day of surgery)' date=' I am fighting emotional eating and I cannot take my medication that fights that. Needless to say this week has sucked and im sure I will be sent home crying on the 22nd. Oops, I also forgot that I am leaving tomorrow morning for a business trip and will not be home until 7 hours before set surgery...[/quote']

We're you told you had to lose a certain amount?

I am supposed to lose 10 and according to my scale l have lost 3. I am guessing pms might account for about 3-4? I am so worried about making it through the business trip with business dinners and lunch. Oh, come on 22nd so I will finally know...

Kimee

did you lose any weight during your pre-op, not gain at least- now i see you did lose 3 lbs. be so careful that you don't gain weight on your business trip

maybe you could explain to your dr/office. what has happened to you this past week - and how you had a business trip et al til your surgery.

you will have trips post WLS too, so you must deal with them - and also deal w/people eating food in front of you, restaurants etc. - but thats a whole other subject

your trip tomorrow, are you driving? can you call him from the road? if your flying, you could call at airport. i do think you should have the surgeon be aware of your weight loss situation./lack of - you don't want to find out the DOS that you have been delayed from surgery.

he might be ok with the surgery - but DOS - you don't want to be told no you can't have surgery - you need to call his office, maybe they can tell you its ok - then you would feel better

don't think the worse

on the other hand after you do have your WLS, you gotta work hard to stay at a "mindset" where you can follow all the rules that go along w/the sleeve. very important. your first phase of liquids - drinking as much as you can - drink alot so you don't get dehydrated. Once you get to mushy, soft food phases - you can't drink with meals or after for an hour follow whatever your NUT says with everything

don't drink w/your meals ever - after your meals you can't drink for an hour -

i understand what happened this past week, emotions etc., we all experience that

be ready for the ride of your life w/the sleeve - the road is bumpy at times, will smooth out for the duration.

good luck with WLS

wishes for a speedy recovery

take care

Darkkyss, that does help ease my mind. I hope the dr realizes that life does get in the way at times.

God bless everyone here, you always set my mind at ease.

I will call my dr tomorrow from the airport and let him know all that is going on this week and last week.

I would drink Water water water!!!

IMO...Just watch what you eat on your business trip. Its hard but you can try to order healthy food. Drink lots of Water and you will be fine. Good luck.

What about Water and exercise? Will your hotel have a gym, treadmill? Walk twice a day?

afraid i will be sent home crying on the 22nd.

Kimee

Your WLS is tomorrow - hope things are going well on your business trip

hope your doctors office gave you good news that they wouldn not cancel WLS

Think good positive thoughts

we're all rooting for you

I sure hope this works out okay. I find it.... annoying.. that you have this kind of requirement. I had to do a 2 week liver shrinking diet - for my own safety. I had no weight loss requirement, although i did lose 8#. I found it very very difficult but I was very motivated to get that liver shrunk. It makes me kind of mad that some programs want you to prove that you are surgery worthy by losing certain amounts of weight. I don't think there is ANY evidence to show that it improves your long term success. Most of us are professional dieters, so what the heck does losing 10 pounds prove?

Rant over.

Good luck on your surgery - looking forward to welcoming you as a new sleever!

I agree. Anyone can lose weight on a diet of they stick to it BUT the problem we all pretty much share is that we can't keep it off.