Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What If I Fail? 8 Days Out And Feeling A Little Blue.

first off.....yes i know i shouldn't weigh myself everyday....(but seeing the scale go down makes my day!)

second...yes i know i should be getting x amt of Protein everyday

with that being said...my current Protein shakes are making me sick. I can't stomach them so i got the powders? utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury and im sipping on a few other Protein Shakes i had from pre op. Definitely not getting anywhere near the recommended goal....eating a couple teaspoons of Soup....little bit of Jello...maybe a popsicle and have been doing very well with the Water intake the past couple days...

well i was 251.2 or so wednesday morn. I was hoping for 240's thursday morning so i hopped on the scale , 250.2, i figured this morning 249.....NOPE 250.6 WHY ON EARTH DID I GAIN!? Even though im not getting my protein in, im barely eating...how did i gain? SO i just peaked before bed and im 252. I'm just not getting it. I'm drinking as much as i can. Is it the protein thats changing everything up?

--i do have my TOM (but it came on b/c of the surgery)

-I have been walking and doing house work...light house work

SO whats up?!?!?!?!?!

oh and ps, i ordered Unjury. should be here within 2 days...

first off.....yes i know i shouldn't weigh myself everyday....(but seeing the scale go down makes my day!)

second...yes i know i should be getting x amt of Protein everyday

with that being said...my current Protein shakes are making me sick. I can't stomach them so i got the unjury and im sipping on a few other Protein Shakes i had from pre op. Definitely not getting anywhere near the recommended goal....eating a couple teaspoons of soup....little bit of Jello...maybe a popsicle and have been doing very well with the Water intake the past couple days...

well i was 251.2 or so wednesday morn. I was hoping for 240's thursday morning so i hopped on the scale ' date=' 250.2, i figured this morning 249.....NOPE 250.6 WHY ON EARTH DID I GAIN!? Even though im not getting my protein in, im barely eating...how did i gain? SO i just peaked before bed and im 252. I'm just not getting it. I'm drinking as much as i can. Is it the protein thats changing everything up?

--i do have my TOM (but it came on b/c of the surgery)

-I have been walking and doing house work...light house work

SO whats up?!?!?!?!?![/quote']

Congrats on ur sleeve, the reason for the gain is because u need to flush all those fluids out of ur system, it takes a few days, and u do have to get in ur protein, but that shouldn't be ur focus right now, u need to heal and take in what u can, my first few days I got in maybe 20 ounces and then progressed to my goals. You have to be patient, u will get there, trust me ;)

Body weight will fluxauate throughout the day, also the 1st week or 2 is usually Water weight that you are losing. And usually right around 3 weeks you hit a stall. I have found it easier for me to set a day and only get on the scale once a week, since i had surgery on Wednesday 1 weigh myself every wednesday, sometimes i will cheat and do an extra day or 2, but i only write it down and keep track on wednesday, as a whole i have never gained any weight from week to week, but occasionaly fluxuate up and down through out the week.

How long ago were you sleeved??? Your body can and will fluctuate up and down on it's own accord. You are certainly not gaining fat so it has to be Water weight. It will come off very soon. At this stage you just have to worry about drinking your water....walk walk walk....and try to get in your Protein. Don't worry about the weight yet. It will come off.

Thanks guys :) i just didn't know if i was sabotaging myself but not having the goal Protein. I gained the first time i weighed in after surgery but steadily went down since so, i wasnt sure if it was b/c of the protein. I'm going to do weds weigh in's too but its so hard to not step on the scale every morning lol I was so close to the 240's i could taste it ...it feels like such a teeze :(

Thanks guys :) i just didn't know if i was sabotaging myself but not having the goal Protein. I gained the first time i weighed in after surgery but steadily went down since so' date=' i wasnt sure if it was b/c of the Protein. I'm going to do weds weigh in's too but its so hard to not step on the scale every morning lol I was so close to the 240's i could taste it ...it feels like such a teeze :([/quote']

I was 250 day of preop , sleeved on July 7 and now I'm 222. Trust me it works, I doubted myself too.

I was 250 day of preop , sleeved on July 7 and now I'm 222. Trust me it works, I doubted myself too.

Did you get in all of your Protein most days????

Starting the second week I did. First week I focused on healing and getting in my fluids. U can get the whey Protein bullets and mix them with ur Water and crystal light and sip in that, that helpe me ;)

can i get them at Walmart? ?? not sure what they look like or what brand are the whey

nice! which flavor do you get? I'll go tomorrow and get them....you just drink them straight up right? I got mio yesterday for the first time, i like it. Thanks :)

nice! which flavor do you get? I'll go tomorrow and get them....you just drink them straight up right? I got mio yesterday for the first time' date=' i like it. Thanks :)[/quote']

Blue raspberry and fruit usually, they have a watermelon too. U can drink them straight up but I mix one bullet with three cups of Water so I get my Protein and Water at the same time.

I finally found a fabulos shake at Trader Joes...AVIA for women............and I got a milk shake machine....

so I put my 1% milk in 4 oz....huge tablespoon of greek yogurt..3 blocks of Ice and I sip away....

I can even put some sugar free chocklate in if I want....makes the shake like one ya bought at the store....

I am 9 days post op....went into surgery at 205 3 days later 215....damn whats with that....now 9 days later I am back to 205....so it had better get moving off now and fast...lol