Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm 55 And Had My Sleeve Done On August 8

I'm happy to find this group! I'm looking forward to when I can bend over to pick things up, my one soft food meal a day and hiking with my dogs. My husband is supportive and helps out a lot. One of the most difficult things for us both is missing the times we would go out to eat and the anticipation leading up to what we were going to eat.

Welcome! How was your recovery? I am 54, hoping for a mid october date, still have one more nutrition visit left for insurance requirements. On pins and needles right now.

How has your recovery been so far? Have you been in a lot of pain? I am scheduled for Sept 4th. I am excited, but the closer it gets the more nervous I am getting. I would love to know how things have been going for you in recovery.

Congratulations! I was 55 when I had my surgery. I hope you have an easy recovery like I did, alhough the first couple of weeks I walked bent over like I was looking for something on the ground, but pretty soon I was fine.

CreateHealth.... Welcome to the Fifties forum. I was 56 when I had my surgery on 4/6/12 and I sailed through it without complications. I feel great, better than I have in decades!!

Good Luck on your journey...don't hold back if you have any questions!!

Hi and Welcome! I too was 56 when I had surgery this past April 23. It's amazing isn't it how much time we spent thinking about food and the anticipation of "something good to eat." My husband and I too found it would be a highlight of the day for us - where we'd go and what we would get! LOL. Now it's definitely not the same.

I had a pretty easy time with surgery and postop. My weight loss has been very slow, and I've dealt with feeling disappointed and come to terms with that. The important thing is I know it WILL come off, and that's really what matters. I can eat almost anything now, but it's the amount that is sooo different!

Good luck to all pre- and postop!!

My recovery is going really well so far. I have no trouble getting all of my Water or shake down. The little bit of pain the first three days was relieved with pain meds and now it doesn't even hurt when I need to get up. I was warned not to weigh myself untill my two week appointment because they said I would be heavier when I got home from the hospital. Of course I did weigh myself and they were right! I was up six pounds but I knew it was from Water weight. I lost it overnight. I lose about a pound to 2 pounds a day now.

It is strange how you can still imagine how your favorite foods would taste. The shake I use is Nature's Best Isopure strawberries and cream mixed with one percent milk. It is really good, surprisingly. I also like the chocolate and vanilla flavors. It was on sale a few days ago at The Vitamin Shoppe's online store for $32 something for the huge container that sales usually for around $95.

I am 54 and had sleeve surgery on Aug2. I am 2 weeks, 2 days out and feel great. I have had very little pain and everything is healing up well. Another week to go before I get mushy foods! Looking forward to something besides liquids! Really looking forward to losing weight, losing my medications and joint pain!!

Congrats Joyce! Great to hear you had a good experience/result! Mushies will be here before you know it!!

CreateHealth....glad you're doing well post op. I was going to say, I still look forward to going out and you have to be a little creative about what will work, but remember you can always take a doggy bag home. Also you can share with your hubby...if he can do an add-on its a perfect size for our little tummy...maybe have a little bite of an appetizer or Soup. If dinner comes with salad and an entree I have them box the salad with dressing on the side for another meal. Mainly, relax and enjoy and don't stress over it.

Allnewme...almost mushies! Its good to make progress and it will feel more natural. Crock pot meals are wonderful for that stage! Also you might want to try the ricotta bake...in a ramekin put meat sauce on the bottom, then ricotta mixed with an egg and parm, then more sauce and top with motzarella and more parm and bake until browned and bubbly. Sooo good just like lasagna. I love cottage cheese with canned pears still have that for Breakfast some days. Glad you're doing so well!

Imborderlon....your surgery is just around the bend. Are you on a pre-op diet right now?

Allnewme...almost mushies! Its good to make progress and it will feel more natural. Crock pot meals are wonderful for that stage! Also you might want to try the ricotta bake...in a ramekin put meat sauce on the bottom' date=' then ricotta mixed with an egg and parm, then more sauce and top with motzarella and more parm and bake until browned and bubbly. Sooo good just like lasagna. I love cottage cheese with canned pears still have that for breakfast some days. Glad you're doing so well![/quote']

That sounds so good! Thanks for a great idea. Tommorrow is my 2week Dr. appointment. I am so looking forward to stage two!

Even though I take Pepcid twice a day and colace three times a day I still have heartburn and have only gone to the bathroom twice in two weeks since having the surgery. The second time is from taking a ducolax but not much happened.. My heartburn is so bad even drinking Water brings it on. I go in for my 2 week Dr. Appt today. Hope the have some advise!

How did you doctors appointment go? Were you able to address your heartburn situation? If so, what was the remedy suggested?