Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Disappointed In Myself

I am 6 weeks post-op & I have only lost 20lbs. I havent lost more than 2lbs in 3 weeks. I know Im not getting in the Water, but Im afraid I may have stretched my stomach as well. Im so frustrated and angry at myself. Is this related to my lack of water & Protein?

What sort of things are you eating? What would make you think you stretched it? Have you heard of the 3 week stall? You may be in the middle of that. How much do you have to lose?

I am 6 weeks post-op & I have only lost 20lbs. I havent lost more than 2lbs in 3 weeks. I know Im not getting in the Water, but Im afraid I may have stretched my stomach as well. Im so frustrated and angry at myself. Is this related to my lack of Water & Protein?

I will be 4 week on Monday & hv only lost 13.7 lbs. I knw how you feel. I dont understand either. I only intake between 400-600 calories & tht includes my Protein Drink. I dont consume much liquids. Thts the one thing thts tough on me. I can do the orotein drink if i make it into a smoothie & can drink Water if its ice cold. Im sorry your frustrated.

I think I may be eating the wrong thins. Brkfst- Consists of either oatmeal or an egg....Fage yogurt for a snack... lunch is tuna/chicken salad with light mayo, string cheese... then I might have some kellogs cracker crisps with some hummus. dinner I try to keep to healty... Last night as baked eggplant with some sauce & 2% mozz cheese. I feel like I can eat more than usual, thats why I feel its stretched.

#1 its extremely hard to stretch the sleeve, because its made with firmest muscles in our stomach....second, you are too early out, you are more likely to be still swollen than stretch out the sleeve...

I think you need to relax, and heal...follow your doctor's orders, and try not to get all OCD over your weight loss....yet...lol....

Its more important for you to get in your Water and try to get in as much protien as possible right now...it helps with the healing process....

There are days I can eat more, do not think stretched your stomach RELAX!! this a is a process. Follow the plan you got or get another that works for you (I used cornell) When I eat some dense Protein I know my sleeve is intact! now if I eat sliders crakers etc I could eat bunches!! oh one more time RELAX. unless you eat carbs all day the sleeve will work give it some time. And keep coming to this site it, you are not in this alone.

Dee

To Albmb2 & Ljp

How about trying to skip the oatmeal, get in a Protein shake for Breakfast.

Is the Fage Yogurt plain (high protein) very very low carb?

Your first issue may be you are not getting in your Water. You need to up your Water to 64 ounces, which is only 4 normal size bottles of water.

Are you having normal bm's or are you constipated? If constipated, I would lower your cheese consumption a bit.

Instead of Oatmeal (which may be tasty but it is high in carbohydrates at only 4 weeks out, a Protein Shake is much better for you.)

400-600 calories is not a lot, but if you aren't using myfitnesspal.com or something else, you may see that you are squeaking in a lot more carbohydrates than you think you are, or a lot more sodium that you should be.

The yogurt is fine, but that's if it is a plain greek yogurt, check the carbohydates on the other ones.

Eggplant is not dense meat, oatmeal is not dense meat, and it seems like food that is mostly carbohydrates you can consume larger portions. I am positive I couldn't eat more than 3 ounces of meat, but I am willing to bet I could eat an entire bag of potato chips without getting that same filled up feeling. Many carbohydrates are slider foods. Oatmeal is always filling, but the feeling goes away pretty quick and you end up being hungry again.

Try opting for more meat type products at first.

How much walking are you doing a day? I was told to work myself up to 10,000 steps a day. The more you the move, the better.

Not sure what your starting weight was before surgery, not sure how low/high your bmi was. If you lost weight prior to surgery, you will probably lose a little slower at first after surgery, because you lost the bulk/majority of your water weight.

The less you weight before surgery, the slower you usually lose because you have less weight to lose. It's a natural process most of the time.

I was on full liquids for the first 5 weeks after surgery, so you seem to be on full food at 4 - 6 weeks out.

Speak to your nutritionist if you have one at your next appointment, but your best bet increase water and whatever you do chart your carbs, Protein, calories and water and sodium on myfitnesspal.com (do not go by their chart) do a set-up on it. If you exercise do not think you need to eat what you exercised, because it may be a bit confusing.

At first try staying 20-30 carbs max and as close to 80 grams of protein as you can and keep an eye on your sodium.

Best of luck.

...I was on full liquids for the first 5 weeks after surgery, so you seem to be on full food at 4 - 6 weeks out...

I have not had my surgery yet, but I know I am on a strict diet of Clear Liquids for a week or two, liquids for another week or two, mushy food like baby food for two or three weeks, then cooked veges fish and chicken for a few weeks, then I can start incorporating real food after 3 months.

I know everyone is different and different doctors do different things, so maybe try to mix things up with your exersize routine or the foods you eat. But for me, I have been gaining up and up for a while now, so any pound down is a thing to be proud of.

Good luck!

I use myfitness pal & it helps a bunch!

Thanks MinaT.... I have been eating the Fage Greek yogurt with fruit. I suppose I was focusing on the Protein instead of the sugar & carbs. I cannot stand the taste of plain greek yogurt. I know I need to step it up with the Water & exercise. I know it sounds like a bad excuse but I sit all day at work, have a commute, and 10 hour days. By the time I get home to my 2yr old exercise is the last thing on my mind. I may need to start going on my lunch or in the morning. I realize how important it actually is. I LOVE oatmeal & loathe protein shakes...lol... but I know everything you said it was I need to do! Thanks!

Don't forget to step up the Water, perhaps a poached egg or a boiled egg instead of oatmeal but maybe trying different shakes until you find one you like to get at least one in a day will help you out a bit. At lunch go for a 20 minute walk, if you take a train, stand on the train and do isometrics, squeeze the butt cheeks, stand on your tippy toes and back down again (preferably up against the wall). As you sit at the desk do isometrics, and make more excuses to go to the copy machine. If you have stairs in your building try taking one flight at a time. When I was younger and I lost a lot of weight on my own, this was something I did when my son was young, and I traveled to the loop.

I admit, I don't like plain greek yogurt, I put a little bit of MIO in it, the orange, and it wasn't too bad.

If you want the yogurt with the fruit or you want the oatmeal, pick and choose, don't do both in the same day. Charting your Protein, while a good thing is important but if you are getting in too many carbs it will slow your progress down.

I'm moving slow and I am following all the rules. It really truly does depend on how much you have to lose, how fast your metabolism is, and the more muscle you have the faster metabolism you have. You can eat some carbs but be wise in the choices and how much you are getting.

Not sure how well I would do nowadays since I am older with a young child at home and working full time, but you are at least reaching out and trying to find things that will work best for you. We are all a work in progress and as long as you keep asking question and trying to work on things it will eventually work for you.

Best of luck to you and eventually this stall will pass.

Thanks MinaT.... I have been eating the Fage Greek yogurt with fruit. I suppose I was focusing on the Protein instead of the sugar & carbs. I cannot stand the taste of plain greek yogurt. I know I need to step it up with the Water & exercise. I know it sounds like a bad excuse but I sit all day at work' date=' have a commute, and 10 hour days. By the time I get home to my 2yr old exercise is the last thing on my mind. I may need to start going on my lunch or in the morning. I realize how important it actually is. I LOVE oatmeal & loathe Protein shakes...lol... but I know everything you said it was I need to do! Thanks![/quote']

Try 0% fage (plain) with brown sugar Splenda and a little of your favorite fruit. Mmmmm blueberries. Can give it a whiz with the blender if chunky fruit bothers. Can also use cucumber slices with the hummus instead of crackers. Check out the "word according to egg face" for some great recipes...

I could have written this post. I am six weeks out today. I have lost 20 pounds, only 2 in the last 3 weeks. It's frustrating. I think I am doing things right, but now I am questioning everything. I worry that this surgery won't be successful, but I am definitely going down in size.