Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Stupid Question: Watermelon

I am 4 weeks out, and just ate 2 1/2 cups of watermelon!!! I feel great, but wondering if its a slider food...105 calories!!! I am feeling so guilty...

I love watermelon, it's mainly Water, but just watch your portions! It's a great dessert replacer

I can eat a lot more watermelon than I can other foods. It is something that I really enjoy, so I make a small meal out of it on occasion. If I had to pick a slider food, I'm glad it is watermelon and not ice cream. I've never felt guilty.

Watermelon is mostly Water. Once you chew out/swallow the Water, there really isn't much left. I don't think it's a slider food so much as an extremely un-dense food. Same is true, generally, for most fruits.

BTW, if you have a juicer, watermelon + red grapes together = YUM.

Just watch the carbs. It's very easy to underestimate fruit.< /p>

Well, I haven't tried it since surgery but before surgery a few cubes would fill me up (probably because of the water) to the point where I'd have a stomachache.

I've been thinking of trying some watermelon just to have something new to eat, thanks for the info!

I LIVED off of watermelon after my surgery for both band and sleeve- It not only helped me quench my thirst but filled me up very quickly- NEver had any problems- just dont eat the seeds.. lol

I actually did a naughty in my second week post op and sucked on watermelon bits for extra nutrients and hydration (it was 105* that week!) I spat out the pulp. I still could only "drink" two 1" cubes at a sitting

It's still my FAVORITE fruit, and I make allowances for it, especially when its in season and its sweet :wub:

We have to have some innocent pleasures in our lives! Just don't get it out of hand.

I too love watermelon and find I can eat more of it than other foods. For that reason, I call it a slider food.< /p>