Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Blood Test And Ultrasound

Well I went this morning and had my blood test for H. Pylori and my ultrasound of my gallbladder.

It was pretty pleasant over all. The girl checking me in for my tests is planning to have WLS as well and has the same surgeon as me so we were chatting it up about that. Then I went back for my blood test and I got a newbie (my veins are small and hard to find) so I got stabbed several times. I was ok with it, he wasn't hurting me, and he has to learn somehow. So he finally found my vein and got blood. Then all of a sudden the top half of my body went cold and I felt like I was going to vomit. I nearly passed out. They had cold rags on me and had me put my head between my knees and it took about 5 minutes for me to feel better. I was able to walk out just fine.

Then I went down the hall to have my ultrasound done on my gall bladder. That was super easy, and the tech said that my gallbladder looks normal and no stones.

I came home and was home for about an hour when I got a call from my surgeon's office. They had already received the results from my blood work and it came back positive for H. Pylori. So now I have to go to my primary doctor to get treatment for H. Pylori.

I was amazed by how fast the hospital was with the test results! Happy that my gall bladder is fine, and only a little bummed about the test results. At least it is fixable.

Sorry you were positive - now you have to do 2 weeks antibiotics and wait 4 weeks after that to be re-tested. But it's an important test to make sure it's out of your system before the surgery.. Looks like from your ticker that you have a few weeks of appointments, so that's not really going to throw you off track.

Good luck!

Hi I just received a Call from the surgeons office and I as well am positive for h pyloric . I was told to do the treatment and no delays for my surgery that is set for Aug. 29th.

wow - everything i have read said they have to retest at 30 days after treatment...but hey - that's great news for you!

congrats!!

I just hope all goes well.

I think my submission for approval was fax-ed today. I went for my physical with my PCP yesterday and he ordered the EKG, Chest XRay, and H-Pylori Test; the lab took me right away. He said if the H Pylori came back positive, it would be treated before the surgeon ordered the tests anyway.

He said he just wanted there to be no holdups for a surgery date once I was approved.

you only have to wait 4 weeks after treatment if you get another blood test. They can do a breathe test or stool test after treatment to check if it was successful as soon as antibiotics are finished.

Hi. I had a positive H pylori test a positive blood test. The next day I did a stool sample and it's was negative. My docs office always does a confirmation test.

What is that? I never heard of it and don't recall being tested unless it was in the many tests of the panel my PCP did.

it is a common stomach and intestinal bacteria they test for. Possible you were already tested.

It's the one that can cause ulcers.