Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Uhc Wait....

Insurance was submitted on Friday - Aug 3. Called insurance company yesterday -they have it in the system... called doctors office to obtain the reference number that the insurance assigns when they receive the faxed documents - then phoned the insurance company today and gave them the reference number (makes such a difference to have that number) - and said it was in pending status. He said they usually take up to 5 days for approvals and then they snail mail the approval, but I can phone them and receive the actual approval over the phone and then have the doctors office do the same so we can get a surgery date scheduled.

My boss is going nuts, he is as excited as I am for this surgery. I am about to get another VP to support, so I'll have 2 VP's which is great - but timing is not so great, as her first impression of me will be 'hello Im your new admin, and I'll see you in 3 weeks..... My boss is working all this out with HR so that I do get to support another VP, but that nothing can harm me while I get this procedure - he's awesome about protecting me.

I think this approval wait is going to be much more difficult than the entire 6 month wait......crossing my fingers!!

I soooo hope they approve it:-). (I have shi**y insurance and I knew my out of pocket would be just as much, if not more, than what ill be paying for Mexico, so that pretty much made the decision for me. That and this site, which solidified my feelings about the hospitals and surgeons in Mexico). I can only imagine the "hurry up and wait" that you must be experiencing right now...GOOD LUCK! Dont despair, if its approved, WOOHOO! If not, try again and know you've got support and options...ill be thinking about ya (btw, your cat is awesome) <3

Mufasa is the love of my life...haha. now do I sound like the crazy cat woman down the block or what!! I'm not really too concerned about NOT being approved, as I've met all the requirements and done everything that the insurance company has asked for, and I've heard UHC is one of the best insurance companies to work with during this WLS adventure.

I am just not a patient person....

I am NOT a patient person,either... AND, im a healthcare professional which means im a horrible patient!!!

I am a crazy cat lady...ill admit it. They're my other addiction (besides food, coffee, codependency) I have kids: So what if they're furry and they sit on my lap when I'm on on the toilet?!? My cats have never disappointed me....

Praying for a great outcome !

freaking hilarious.... my kids (grown up adults) tease me because my 'new kids' have their own room and they have to use the guest room when they visit.... yes, I have a cat room. I only have two furry critters now and one really stupid dog - the cats chase the dog around the house.

so since you work in the healthcare industry - I guess you know the ins and outs - which is probably a relief.

So glad I changed from having the lapband surgery to the sleeve - looking forward to huge success!! failure is not an option.

UHC took 7 business days to approve mine... :) Good luck. They say approval is 7-10 business days and my DR office was super dilligent about calling, so she actually found out after 5 days but waited to get the approval in the mail.

I have UHC and they are good but my Mothers job has it where only 80% is covered.... I'm upset about that and hope everything works out fine.

well the my nurse who was assigned to me by UHC phoned today and said she has everything and she will call me once a decision has been made. So I hope to hear back by Friday, if not- I'll be calling UHC.

well - i called yesterday - and UHC said it was in process but they gave me another phone number for the care connection which will have the decision first - they said it may take a day or so to get keyed in....so of course, I'll be calling today.....

FYI - i'm not a newbie....can't log in with my prior account info....something is hosed up....but it is still me...

Omg this waiting is killing me - I left a voice mail for the nurse at UHC who is doing my approval....asking her to call me and let me know at least that my doctor's office sent in all the correct forms and documents.....my luck they left something out or something.

so if some got this approved at least in 7 business days - today would technically only be day 4 since they didnt' get it logged into their system Monday afternoon......

we have 1/2 day Fridays here at work....so, I will call around 11:30 to hopefully get some news....but am expecting not to have an answer till next week - which is also driving my boss insane as we are working with HR for me to have another VP to support and need everything to go smoothly.....

damn i hope the phone rings this morning.....

Any news?!

Yes APPROVED

Awesome!!! Welcome to the pre op club!!! :) I'm post op but when I was approved I felt like a million bucks knowing that the weight was over. ;-)