Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone From Buffalo, Ny Out There?

Tomorrow is my day!! It doesn't seem real. I had all these crazy thoughts and feelings and now it just doesn't seem real! I just drank my last Protein Shake.< /div>

Best wishes you will be fine

Saying some special prayers for you Amber. I wish you all the best as you continue on this journey!!!! You're going to do so well with this!!!!

Tomorrow is my day!! It doesn't seem real. I had all these crazy thoughts and feelings and now it just doesn't seem real! I just drank my last Protein Shake.< /div>

Good luck today!!

For those who go to Synergy and have seen Ann Marie for the psych eval:

My appointment with her is next week. In the questionnaire packet, it mentions to bring your most recent medical and/or psychological records to the appointment. I've called and emailed the office regarding this, because 1) I have no psych records, and 2) I already signed a medical records release form so I assume they would already have them there. No one has gotten back to me yet :/

So I am confused and need to know if Anne Marie requires her own set of medical records. Did any of you Synergy people have to bring medical records to your appointment with her??

Some of the questions are so redundant. Same questions different places. I answered with a lot of "see previous answer". Don't know if this is intentional or just trying to trip you up... can't wait for this appointment ugh :wacko:

QCG -

They ask for both psych records and medical records in case someone is treating for a psych condition with a more traditional medical practitioner rather than a counselor, psychologist or psychiatrist. If you do not have any records in your possession and signed a release, you are fine. They will get what they need with your release(if they need anything and I suspect they will not need anything).

As for the redundant questions, someone who put that form together was likely being paid by the hour so they put together a less than straightforward LONG form. The criteria for this evaluation does not require the same paperwork as brain surgery - but you would never guess it from what these surgeons pass out.

This evaluation will be straightforward. They will review the form and ask follow-up questions. You will have an opportunity to ask questions. The evaluation is very conversational and should not feel clinical. In the end, you'll be fine and may even feel more convinced to have the surgery.

"See Previous Answer" is a legitimate and acceptable answer. It is less confusing and evidences that you actually understand the question being asked and do not want to be redundant with the medical professional who is reviewing the form.

Best of luck at the appointment. Try not to overthink this part....this will be fine. I promise.

Any news on AmBer09?

Any news on AmBer09?

Thanks for the thoughts :) I went In at 1130 yesterday morning. I lost 14lb from the pre op diet. I have 5 incisions. Every time I dank after surgery I'd dry heave or puke. The puke had some blood in it which they said was completely normal. I did walk 3hr after getting on the floor trying to get rid of some gas. I think that was the worst part of it all. It's hard sleeping on your back!!! I was brought a tray but had very little interest. And now I am npo for X-ray tomorrow. They'll check my intestines and abdomen after drinking some chalky like substance and making sure all is well and there are no leaks. This last time I got up to the bathroom was the 1st time of no dry heaving. I was so excited!!! Everyone has been wonderful so far!

So glad to hear that you are well!! Keep us posted. I just went to the seminar and now the fun begins with test and doc visits. Good luck. Your are an inspiration!!!

So glad to hear that you are well!! Keep us posted. I just went to the seminar and now the fun begins with test and doc visits. Good luck. Your are an inspiration!!!

Are you seeing dr carauna or carvetta? I am at sisters hospital. I was fine until I went down to pre op. there are lots of patients and staff in the room. One placed an iv. One asked questions. One was anesthesia. They were all very nice. They actually put valum in your Iv before you go into the surgery room. I was out pretty quick after that and of course post op is always a blur. I was there an hour or so. When I got to my room it was off the stretcher and right into the bathroom. I was scared but did actually quite well. They gave me the medicine cups of Water which they tell you to take once every 15min. All I did was dry heave and sleep. If someone stays with you they can help you to the bathroom. They check your blood pressure and change out iv meds a lot. At midnight I was npo. You honesty are so uncomfortable from gas though that you don't think about food. I wasn't taken for my upper gi series at 11. The stuff they have yo drink taste like vanilla ice cream x1000 sweetners and is like Syrup. Thankfully my nurses caught on quick that i had been dry heaving so Gave me the nausea medicine. I have had no dry heaving since this morning. At 12 i showered and walked more to excape the gas pains. At 2 I got a tray. A juice, ginger ale, and Soup surely seems like a lot of food and doesn't taste wonderful either. I've been up most of the day and am beat. I know all experiences are different. I pray you don't get the nausea. My incisions look great. Dr says if I can drink 4 medicine cups an hour and keep them down I can go home Tom at 11. My biggest suggestion would be bring your own pillow, don't forge chap stick, and walk walk walk as much as you can. Best wishes to you!! I'll keep everyone updated and thanks for checking in on me and for the get well wishes.

Wow! You are doing great! I'm a gager so I'm sure it will happen to me. I am seeing Dr Posner. I heard the gas was bad. But they do say to keep walking. That moves it around. Are u in a private room? I have terrible anxiety so I know that will get the best of me! Praying all goes well and u get to go home sooner rather then later!

Wow! You are doing great! I'm a gager so I'm sure it will happen to me. I am seeing Dr Posner. I heard the gas was bad. But they do say to keep walking. That moves it around. Are u in a private room? I have terrible anxiety so I know that will get the best of me! Praying all goes well and u get to go home sooner rather then later!

I'm not a gagger but holy Moses yesterday!! And the gas by far is the worst. It sits under your shoulder blades and even in your ribs. The more you walk, whether you want to or not, it relieves it. Thankfully I am in a private room! Sadly, I am the only person besides staff that I've seen walking. You will rock this too!! I can't wait to read your updates.

Amber - You're ALIVE! Great work in there. Keep up the walking. When I was done in June I didn't see anyone else walking but I still did. MY husband and friends went with me. Very supportive. The next few days emotions can be up and down. Lay low. Relax. Listen to the cues from your body and get lots of rest between sipping from a small plastic cup. You are in full gear soon. :)

I am so proud of myself I may be in a stall but I am still doing a mile a day via treadmill or elliptical. I missed 2 days and stuck to it now 2 months and am at the point I look forward to working out. I just have been really exhausted past couple of weeks all I want to do is sleep but work gets in the way.

Have a great weekend all.

I'm home and ready for gas x and sleep!!! It's amazing how they cut into you 5x, take out a huge piece of your belly, staple you god only knows how many times, and here all I have complains of are gas and I cannot wait to get rid I it because it hurts so bad!

I'm home and ready for gas x and sleep!!! It's amazing how they cut into you 5x' date=' take out a huge piece of your belly, staple you god only knows how many times, and here all I have complains of are gas and I cannot wait to get rid I it because it hurts so bad![/quote']

Glad to hear you are home!! Get some rest and so glad that you are recovering so nicely!!