Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Let's Check In November 2012 Sleevers!

The past few days I've had trouble getting liquids in without feeling nauseas...I have diarrhea a chronic dry mouth and no energy what so ever. I'm having trouble staying awake too. I'm two weeks out tomorrow and going nuts! Anyone else have similar problems

I have the same problem. I am 3 weeks post surgery tomorrow. I have lost 22 pounds. I had no complaints or complications with my surgery. Today I have no energy. I am still on liquids and am struggling to get 800 calories in a day. I have protei shakes and a yogurt. But I cannot get Water in either. I have not felt so tired and unenergetic in my life! I hope someone has an idea to get more energy!!

NewKezia, I was sleeved on 11/12. I wake up every day with a smile on my face. This is the best decision I've made for me in a long, long time! I planned on being miserable for the first week or so. I wasn't. I planned on being perfect with not a single diet mistake. I wasn't. I thought my age, 61.5 would be as issue. Nope. I thought my height, 4'11" would be an issue. Not.

I have not had a single problem. The scale goes down every day. I plan on having some stalls and I will just keep at it.

This, so far, is a wonderful experience.

How uplifting this is. I am so happy for you.

Ainslee

I have the same problem. I am 3 weeks post surgery tomorrow. I have lost 22 pounds. I had no complaints or complications with my surgery. Today I have no energy. I am still on liquids and am struggling to get 800 calories in a day. I have protei shakes and a yogurt. But I cannot get Water in either. I have not felt so tired and unenergetic in my life! I hope someone has an idea to get more energy!!

I am no help but I am so sorry you both are experiencing this and so glad to hear about some of the post issues. Now I am really glad I took 2 months leave of absence. I was feeeling a little guily or lazy, but I work around food and I want to get very strong emotionally, physically and have my eating plan tight.

Keep us posted.

Ainslee

Drink, ladies, drink. I almost never drink plain water. I drink diet Splash (berry is my fav) zero Vitamin water, zero calorie gatorade, even hot water with sugar free Jello. I drink apple cider, hot (not often) diluted apple juice. I bought sugar free hot chocolate but I haven't had any yet.

I figure that whatever I drink has to be good for me so it better have Vitamins, electrolytes, or yummy flavor. But I drink all day. I have these mini (think airplane) bottles of apple pie liquor in my laundry room. I keep thinking that would be a good drink, but so far I have behaved. Just thinking it is good enough. Anyhow, drink, drink, drink. It will solve most of your problems.

You do not need 800 calories. You need Protein and liquids. My Protein Shakes are Premier shakes from costco. Sam's has them too. 30 grams of protein and 160 calories! Sugar free frozen fruits bars are yummy, 25 calories. The health food section of the grocery store has great cream Soups. Tasty, liquid, hot and a little protein to boot. Try a little very creamy Cereal. Cream of rice and oatmeal are my choices. The thing is, these are all liquid. You are likely a little dehydrated. So go drink!

What Multivitamins does everyone take? The doctor recommended Centrum chewable orange, and I can't stand the taste. I just can't take the vitamininy? Taste.

Flintstones chewables, twice a day.

What multivitamins does everyone take? The doctor recommended Centrum chewable orange, and I can't stand the taste. I just can't take the vitamininy? Taste.

Flintstone chewables with Iron 2 per day! However, I can tolerate pills you swallow and I think I'm going to switch!

I hate the orange flavor too.

The past few days I've had trouble getting liquids in without feeling nauseas...I have diarrhea a chronic dry mouth and no energy what so ever. I'm having trouble staying awake too. I'm two weeks out tomorrow and going nuts! Anyone else have similar problems

You may need to see your doctor... Dehydration is no joke. My friend had GBP on the 14th and they admitted her yesterday for dehydration. I know sleeve is different but you could be dehydrated and that would certainly cause some fatigue.

I'm sleeved. I'm reporting to the losers b***h move pain Handl

It was pretty straightforward. I reported, they prepped me and gave me happy juice. When I woke up, I was in a lot of pain. Within 6 hours, it began to subsides. I'm scheduled for the leak test in the morning. Thank you for the real life experiences. That really helped me and kept my anxiety down. That and the support of my family, friends and the people on VST. Gong back to slieepnowZp

It was pretty straightforward. I reported' date=' they prepped me and gave me happy juice. When I woke up, I was in a lot of pain. Within 6 hours, it began to subsides. I'm scheduled for the leak test in the morning. Thank you for the real life experiences. That really helped me and kept my anxiety down. That and the support of my family, friends and the people on VST. Gong back to slieepnowZp[/quote']

Congratulations and welcome to the losers bench! We pray for your speedy recovery!

Last two days of November Sleevers...lets bring it on home!! We need to get rocking and rolling on our weight loss and on taking steps to better lifestyles!!

Remember...if you're struggling let us know! There's no shame and we are here for our sleeve family! Hugs!

What's going on VSG family. I went to the doctor today and I'm down 43 pounds. It's crazy to think that in 20 day since surgery I have lost 43 pounds. The last few days have been the most difficult since surgery It has been hard keeping hydrated my doctor was a lil upset and wants to see me again in a few day and if its not better she will be readmitting me. All and all I feel ok when I get something down I'm find other times I feel a lil weak. I hope all of you are doing great.