Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Let's Check In November 2012 Sleevers!

I totally agree with Tally. I am a week out tomorrow as well. Today, I walked on the treadmill for only 10 minutes, but then walked around my block this evening. I find the binder to be quite helpful. Life gets better every day :-). Be positive and know your boundaries. Walking will make you feel so much better :-)

And did I mention its totally permissible to fart and its even encouraged. Walk, walk, walk. You need to get the gas out of your body. It can take up to a month for some to get the gas out. And I'm telling you I can feel it in my upper shoulders today and I'm 6 days out. Gas is no joke.

I'm 10 days post op and living it. I haven't had any complications and I'm working out by using the wii fit. I must admit I miss the treadmill. The doctor cleared me today to exercise and I've lost 10lbs after surgery. I found Two new flavors of crystal light that I love appletini and margarita .

I'm 10 days post op and living it. I haven't had any complications and I'm working out by using the wii fit. I must admit I miss the treadmill. The doctor cleared me today to exercise and I've lost 10lbs after surgery. I found Two new flavors of crystal light that I love appletini and margarita .

I'm allowed to walk, but only cardio until I see my doc a few days before Christmas. I cannot wait to rock my Jillian michaels videos when I'm cleared. And strength training...I love it.

The hospital called me today and I have to be there at 8:30am. I am not really nervous, more excited! I'm sick to death of this pre op diet and ready to move on to the next phase of my life!

Happy, happy, joy, joy! All will go well. Can't wait to hear that you are home again.

I don't have a blender and I am wondering how important it might be to get one sooner than later? Any tips? Also, if you have one you love, let me know what you have. thanks

Ainslee

I bought the magic bullet.... works great! I also got a blender by Oster , it's called My Blend. It's so cool you just fill, blend, and go.... it has it's own sport bottle and spill proof drinking lid. Hope this helps

Tina

It's gonna be fine ladies and any gents preparing for surgery this week. I'm a week post-op tomorrow and the difference in just a week is like night and day. Follow the rules. Get up and walk as soon as you can. Even if its just to the bathroom to brush your teeth. Do it. Makes walking easier later. Hold a pillow against your abdomen if you have to cough or move' date=' especially when standing up. Put the foot of your bed as low as possible, your head up high, swing your feet over the side, then use your elbow to push yourself up so that you're sitting on the side of the bed. And don't forget to breathe. Lol. Then rock back and forth, count to three, on three exhale as you stand up. And just stand...get your bearings before you move. Keep hold of that pillow when you try to stand....your incisions will hurt just moving, standing, etc. that helps the pain and helps you feel in control for some reason. And use your spirometer and do your breathing treatments. And just deep breathe, cuz that helps you get the anesthesia from your system.

Most of all...use your morphine pump. I did and its what got me the rest I needed.[/quote']

Thanks. That's great advice!

Good luck to all who will be sleeved this week...I agree with everything that was said walk walk walk to get the gas out...if you burp and fart it is ok....repeat this is worth it...I promise you after a day and a half it gets better....I am a week post opt and I am down 14 pounds and feel great

Glad to hear that so many are doing great! I'm 14 days out from my surgery and starting soft foods tomorrow. I really want to start being more active soon but my surgeon says not until after my one month checkup. I went back to work on Monday, and am really sore today. I'm hoping that it's just part of the healing process!

Good luck to all upcoming sleeves, it's the best tool ever!

It's gonna be fine ladies and any gents preparing for surgery this week. I'm a week post-op tomorrow and the difference in just a week is like night and day. Follow the rules. Get up and walk as soon as you can. Even if its just to the bathroom to brush your teeth. Do it. Makes walking easier later. Hold a pillow against your abdomen if you have to cough or move' date=' especially when standing up. Put the foot of your bed as low as possible, your head up high, swing your feet over the side, then use your elbow to push yourself up so that you're sitting on the side of the bed. And don't forget to breathe. Lol. Then rock back and forth, count to three, on three exhale as you stand up. And just stand...get your bearings before you move. Keep hold of that pillow when you try to stand....your incisions will hurt just moving, standing, etc. that helps the pain and helps you feel in control for some reason. And use your spirometer and do your breathing treatments. And just deep breathe, cuz that helps you get the anesthesia from your system.

Most of all...use your morphine pump. I did and its what got me the rest I needed.[/quote']

All very true and good advice, I agree!!

Good morning all. Had my surgery yesterday, still having some pain. Will start clears today. Hoping I made the right choice.

Might take you a few days to stop thinking it was the worst idea ever ;) but it will come around :)

Good morning all. Had my surgery yesterday, still having some pain. Will start clears today. Hoping I made the right choice.

Congratulations!!! The pain will be under control and so will your weight! Yeah.

You go girl.

Ainslee

NewKezia, I was sleeved on 11/12. I wake up every day with a smile on my face. This is the best decision I've made for me in a long, long time! I planned on being miserable for the first week or so. I wasn't. I planned on being perfect with not a single diet mistake. I wasn't. I thought my age, 61.5 would be as issue. Nope. I thought my height, 4'11" would be an issue. Not.

I have not had a single problem. The scale goes down every day. I plan on having some stalls and I will just keep at it.

This, so far, is a wonderful experience.