Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Let's Check In November 2012 Sleevers!

We're not that dissimilar when you look at BMI.

When we get our BMI down another 3 or 4 we'll no longer be obese. I'm looking forward to only being 'only overweight'.

How good is that!? :)

Wow I'm trying to wrap my head around that one because I'm not even close to halfway to goal o_O

But I like the idea of getting out of the obese stage and moving on to overweight !

You know what I find sooo funny and ironic is that we were all sleeved around the same time and have lost around the same amount of weight yet for some reason consider that slow...HELLO?!?! We are all loosing at about the same rate so I think we are right on track. I was sleeved 11/14 and down 35. I see ppl with around the same weightloss and timeframe . I take this is a positive. Remember to be encourage and the worse thing to do is to become a slave to the #s. follow your meal plans, get in your Protein and Water and exercise at least 30 min a day. YOU WILL LOSE!!! :-)

Hey November sleevers, just doing my heck in. 11/27 here and doing well. I have been very lucky so far and have had no "non self inflicted" misery. I did have a bout with gas and reflux for a few days just after my 4th week. Called my doc and he perscribed the usual tummy stuff. I hate meds, so i decided to see if my body would adjust. Much to my relief, it appears to have adjusted. Has anyone else had this experience? Is my relief short lived? I hope not,, i hate meds.

I think your killing it. There are lots for women who seem to lose slower' date=' for reasons beyond their control. We're all going to get there though. Really if it takes someone 6 months and another 12 months to get to goal, do you think either will care in a few years if they're still at goal?

I'm from Brisvegas as well. Who was your surgeon?

Deano[/quote']

Thanks Deano,

Your words and those of most every other in this forum are so encouraging. I think had I not found the forum I would be pretty messy in the old head and possibly doing a bit of the old self wallowing LOL

I'm coming to terms with the so called slow losses and keep thinking about the pluses like possibility not having an excess of skin as much as someone who loses very fast, and just counting my blessings that I CAN eat, I just have to be mindful of what and how much goes in.

I've been overweight my entire life, I must learn patience, it's like a life test in some ways and I'm determined to do my best :-) like I said to another forum user this morning, I guess I'm just a tortoise and not the hare. I'll get there and triumph in the end!!!

Wow I can carry on a bit, it's nice to get my thoughts out and share them

Anyway I had surgery at Greenslopes with Dr Justin Greenslade. Lovely lovely man.

I had my lap band removed at same time, this has been causing me a little discomfort but nothing I can't get over.

Onwards and Upwards I say!!

Thanks Deano,

Your words and those of most every other in this forum are so encouraging. I think had I not found the forum I would be pretty messy in the old head and possibly doing a bit of the old self wallowing LOL

I'm coming to terms with the so called slow losses and keep thinking about the pluses like possibility not having an excess of skin as much as someone who loses very fast, and just counting my blessings that I CAN eat, I just have to be mindful of what and how much goes in.

I've been overweight my entire life, I must learn patience, it's like a life test in some ways and I'm determined to do my best :-) like I said to another forum user this morning, I guess I'm just a tortoise and not the hare. I'll get there and triumph in the end!!!

Wow I can carry on a bit, it's nice to get my thoughts out and share them

Anyway I had surgery at Greenslopes with Dr Justin Greenslade. Lovely lovely man.

I had my lap band removed at same time, this has been causing me a little discomfort but nothing I can't get over.

Onwards and Upwards I say!!

I've heard some good things about him. Have you posted in the Australian Sleevers thread? There's a few of us from Brisbane on there. It's good to get some local support!

I've heard some good things about him. Have you posted in the Australian Sleevers thread? There's a few of us from Brisbane on there. It's good to get some local support!

I've poked my head in the door so to speak, I think I posted once somewhere in there the other day, I'll go for another look

Sleeved November 14 and have lost 40 pounds. Been in a stall for nearly 2 weeks! Frustrating, but I am staying on track and looking forward to seeing the scales move again.

I got sleeved Nov 27th!!! Im so excited and yet scared out of my mind about this journey I chosed!!

I'm coming to terms with the so called slow losses ... I had my lap band removed at same time

I wouldn't be surprised if these two had something to do with each other.. Your body is used to the restrictive diet more so than people that are just beginning to restrict their food.. The same way people lose more/faster initially than 6 months later.

I am stalled but we are traveling and eating out so am proud of myself!!!

Checking in to say that I am not winning any weightloss races here' date=' but I am consistently losing!! The week of Christmas I had company and baked and cooked a lot and ate everything I wanted (smaller quantities of course) and lost!!! I was a bit surprised as I allowed myself some "goodies". (no lectures please) This week, I've continued to lose and don't feel like I'm dieting, which is the goal, right? This is a lifestyle!! Try to be sure to get in my Protein, drink Water, and am moving more!! Worked out with a trainer on Wednesday, went to the pool Thursday, and will go for a long walk today!! I actually think that adding more calories helped me and the extra movement, as about week 3 and 4 I seemed to be stalled. I'm down 28 lbs. since surgery (Nov. 10). I turn 50 this coming week and this is my year to reach my goal!!! [/quote']

I too am having a slow loss. I was sleeved Nov 7 and am down 25 pounds. I had my lap band removed at that time. I just started to eat pureed food becaue I was afraid of getting a leak1 Anyway, I am not overeating and te pureed food is good. I start with a personal trainer next week and can't wait. I am hoping that will speed up the weight loss. I feel good and feel like i am losing inches. I swore not to et weighted for a week and that lasted one day. I am happy and wuld do it all over again. We all lose very differently!

Hi just wondering who was sleeved on the fifth of november there height what there weight was and nw is? So I'll go first!

Sleeved 5th nov

Before pre op 214

After pre op 209

As of the 7th jan 2013- 183

Total loss-31pds

Hi just wondering who was sleeved on the fifth of november there height what there weight was and nw is? So I'll go first!

Sleeved 5th nov

Before pre op 214

After pre op 209

As of the 7th jan 2013- 183

Total loss-31pds

I was sleeved nov5th;)

Day of surgery 240

January2013...204

Total loss of 36 lbs

Onederland is so close! I've been here for a couple weeks so I'm dying for a big loss ;)