Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lila's Lounge

Hello everyone

Since I live in Northern Ontario, I have not been to the clinic and all the communication with the TLBC has been on the phone.

This must seem wierd, but living in the middle of nowhere it is quite the norm.

Again I was reading my brochure and my question is ... During the clear liquid stage can I have coffee? Maybe I should stop drinking it now .

I mentioned coffee the morning that I was waiting for my surgery (I am an addict) and the nurse said to me that it was not a clear liquid. Then I read somewhere in their literature that it was not recommended because it was an appetite stimulant. I have been coffee free since last Thursday, and haven't been missing it but I have been missing pasta! I have been thiking about drinking tea. It is supposed to be good for you - anti-oxidants, eh, and I can drink it without milk.

I've also been thiking that I should get my act together about buying some Protein supplement. Right now I am living on Water, apple juice, gas-x, chewable Vitamins and Calcium, and crushed up anti-depressants. My belly is still hyper-bloated or I am actually gaining weight! Blehhh....

Hi Green

Did you have caffine withdrawal?

I don't like that head ache.

If I don't eat, don't drink coffee I'll have to get a new vice? Oh ya there is always shopping!

You mentioned crushing your antidepressant. I wonder what one does with capsules. Do you open them up?

Hi Green

Did you have caffine withdrawal?

I don't like that head ache.

If I don't eat, don't drink coffee I'll have to get a new vice? Oh ya there is always shopping!

You mentioned crushing your antidepressant. I wonder what one does with capsules. Do you open them up?

I don't know whether I had withdrawal. I was goofing on Darvon at that point.:clap2: But I have had caffeine withdrawal headaches once before. I was travelling in a country where the coffee was so bad that I switched to tea for the entire time that I was there. I had headaches and was constipated for about 3 days.:help:

As to the other drugs:) all of mine come in a tablet form and so I am able to crush all of them except the Wellbutrin extended release. I found some old Wellbutrin and I have been using up that stuff for now. I don't know what I am going to do when I run out. I might just try swallowing a pill to see what happens. They are not really big. Or I might crush it and then take pieces of the crushed pill throughout the day.

If you are talking caps, it sounds as though you have an Effexor problem. You might want to ask your doc or your shrink or even your pharmacist about this. Let me know what you find out.:rolleyes:

This is in the way of a P.S. I wouldn't go off coffee before the operation. And after the op your mind will be on other things. sleeping ranks right up there as a fun thing to do. I spent a lot of my time drifting in and out of sleep, and occasionally taking a crushed up little something for the pain with a sip of Water. It was really kinda peaceful. Actually, the gas cramps hurt more than the incisions so be sure to get a lot of chewable Gas-X! The gas is still giving me grief!

Green

It is Effexor I am on. And I do not want to change or stop because I tried that before and the withdrawals of this drug are brutal.:hurt

I take Effexor. Up until about a week ago I opened them up threw them into the back of my throat and swallowed with Water, being careful not to crush any of the little beads. Then I just started swallowing them and they went down fine. Just be careful not to crush them, especially if they are time released. I did not drink coffee during pre-op but I did drink coffee with cream starting about 3 days post op.

thanks Cloe

Effexor is scary. Did you ever add it to food or drink? I guess I can just down the little beads. I don't want to see my GP cause I don't want to!!!!!! I sound like my 3 year old niece!!! I don't want my GP to know about my surgery. I live in a small town and I heard some peoples "secrets" that came from the hospital.Don't want to take that chance. Some people just don't understand.

Happy belated birthday!

Yeah, living in a small town kinda changes things from the privacy aspect.... I live in anonymity in the Big Smoke and tend to forget about that side of life. :(

And Chloe's right. That capsule is made to melt really fast once it hits your innards, so as long as you don't crush the little balls when you swallow them you will be doing just fine. I've got more of a problem with the extended release Wellbutrin tablets. You are lucky.:)

Nine days till surgery. AAAAHH!!

Day 2 of pre-op diet. mmm yogurt. I have a big headache today and I didn't even quit having coffee. It's probably cake withdrawal!!!

I like the idea of the flowers on the wall to countdown the pounds. I think i'll do that for my total weight loss. Thanks for the idea girls!!!

My husband has been very supportive, which I am quite surprised about.

He probably thinks he'll get lucky more often when I'm skinny!!!