Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

By the way, my results are fantastic and I'm still not at goal yet.

Also I have a friend who had a tt done at 185lbs and after having the TT, she went on to dropping down to 130lbs and the skin and fat underneath just healed evenly and meshed well.

telly you do look great by the way. i think i would do the same as you even without getting to your goal weight only because i'm sure you felt right at that point in time. congrats on ur success

Thanks Irene. I did feel like it was time to do it but the opportunity came faster than I expected and so I went with it. It's all good and ..hey it knocked off 12lbs of fat and skin. But the swelling compensated for some of that loss..about 5lbs or so of swelling but it's going down now.

Thanks again... nothing wrong with have a tt before hitting goal weight.

Telly, another question for you. The lipo's going to cost just about as much as the TT and I'm concerned about the excess skin. The healing time concerns me, too. How are you healing?

Next question is X-rated. How long is it until you're able to have sex after the TT? I'm planning on getting married in May and having surgery in February. Enough time?

I so wanna get me one of those!!! Eventually of course.

Look out bikini's here I come!

Next question is X-rated. How long is it until you're able to have sex after the TT? I'm planning on getting married in May and having surgery in February. Enough time?

Not Telly, but I have had a TT. I waited a whopping 6 days for sex (the day after the drains came out)

Telly, another question for you. The lipo's going to cost just about as much as the TT and I'm concerned about the excess skin. The healing time concerns me, too. How are you healing?

I've healed up pretty nicely. Cept about a week ago I got bitten right on my tt incision by a fire ant and it is making me insane with pain and itchiness but other than that, it looks really nice.

No lie! I had sex 2 weeks out. Doc said it's ok as long as you don't use your abdominal muscles. That's virtually impossible. Anywho... they also pull your pubic area tightly up to your lower abs and ..to be honest.. I look like I'm a teenager again down there. For some reason I feel really tight (down there).

No lie! I had sex 2 weeks out. Doc said it's ok as long as you don't use your abdominal muscles. That's virtually impossible. Anywho... they also pull your pubic area tightly up to your lower abs and ..to be honest.. I look like I'm a teenager again down there. For some reason I feel really tight (down there).

I second that...............'nuff said

Aaamon, are you experiencing extreme tightness in "that area"? I know my husband was freaking out, lol.

I agree on the "tightness thing" down below now. The big O has never been like this :(

I just wanted to let puddinpie know that if you want a TT before kids they do the skin only tuck which is a pannulectomy. They wont do the muscle repair which is the most painful part and the hardest to get over. Once you have your kids you can go have a revision and have your muscles done.

Lipo on the abdomen is not recommended by itself for people that have lost alot of weight unless they are getting a TT with it. Your tummy will look worse with just lipo, it will hang more too unless the skin on your abdomen has alot of elasticity and doesnt hang at all.

I am 10 mths out from my TT and I still swell occasionally. I had sex about 10 days PO and started exercising 4 - 6 weeks PO.

I just wanted to let puddinpie know that if you want a TT before kids they do the skin only tuck which is a pannulectomy. They wont do the muscle repair which is the most painful part and the hardest to get over. Once you have your kids you can go have a revision and have your muscles done.

In my experience, this varies by surgeon. Mine plans on doing muscle revision even though I may, in the future, have a child. It's definitely something to discuss with your surgeon.

I'm glad to see that this thread is so active. I'm trying to get to the 180s by early April so I can have a TT and Mastopexy. I'm changing jobs in May and can take April off, which is why the rush. My surgeon (who is also my Dad -- not as awkward as it seems and the free thing is a major bonus) says it's not necessary to be at goal (I don't even know what goal is for me) but that I may need a touch up later if I lose more than about 25 more after surgery. At 180, I doubt I'll lose that much more. I expect to come out of surgery 10 lighter and I just can't imagine wanting to be less than 150. Time will tell.

If anyone has links to PS websites (and photos) that they find informative, I'd appreciate it if you'd post them or PM me.

Thanks!

Julie...

Even though they removed 12lbs from me, 9lbs skin, 3lbs fat sucked out...I still weighed almost the same, about 3lbs difference. The swelling compensated for the weight removed. It took about week+ for the numbers to go down on the scale but the swelling is horrendous.

I expected that, but thanks for confirming it, Telly. I'm with you, in that I just want the pannus gone. I'm sure my result will be great, but I'm not adverse to a revision later, if necessary. I just want it gone as quickly (albeit safely) as possible.