Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Awwwww thank you Anewroc.

Jules, that's awfully nice of you to say. Thank you. I'm glad to be of help in anyway I can.

If anyone had any questions they wish to ask in private, please don't hesitate to ask.

Telly: Thanks for answering all my questions. I guess I need to copy and paste this to a word document, so I can remember everything when I get closer to needing a TT. My doctor said to wait 2 years before you have plastic surgery to give your skin a chance to make adjustments. That seems like a long time when you have lost so much and come so far. I noticed that you had yours a lot sooner. Did you get any medical advise about when to have the TT?

Karey yes.

I was told that depending on my mindset, situation on child bearing (if I was done) then I should consider waiting 6 months from reaching goal weight or 20lbs above goal weight to have plastic surgery. Would make no sense to have a tt when you haven't given your skin time to bounce back, however....for me... I have always had a small flap, even before my son. I was ..oh gosh 120lbs - 140lbs and still had a pouch. I knew I'd get it right away because I knew the flap would never go away. The doctors that I consulted with did not disagree with me when I told them about my history with my pouch. They seemed to not be against the surgery.

My surgeon was the only one to question every aspect of my weight loss and my plastic surgery goals and expectations. He factored in the weight I was before the sudden weight gain. My weight gain was due to pregnancy in 2001. I was 145lbs before my pregnancy with my daughter, then shot up to 240lbs. He asked me how active I was before the gain..which I was always very active. I swam alot, took aerobics classes 4 times per week and some light weight training. He then asked me how long ago I was banded and how much have i lost with the band. Asked me about my new eating habits, etc. Alot of probing and finally ...an "OK, I think you're ready".

It's great that you got your weight and your life back in control at such a young age. I was like you, I gained a lot of weight with my pregnacies, except that I had 4 children. I would loose 40 pounds afterwards, but I usually gained 50-80 pounds. At one point I lost 80 pounds, but then I had a hysterectomy and my oviaries removed. The doctor assured me that he would be able to moderate by hormones, but of course he couldn't and I put all the weight back on plus some. Anyway, I wish I would have been able to have this surgery 10 years ago. So much time wasted. Thanks for the inspiration and answers to my questions!

You are very welcome Karey. You asked alot of relative and really good questions. I was happy to answer them. :)

Kimmie - yes. I had a block, like an epidural. It numbed me from the waist down therefore I could feel nothing, couldn't even move my feet, toes, legs, nada for about 7 hours after the surgery.

I saw it all...I even saw after he cut me, he flipped my skin over and onto my belly to stitch my abs..my skin was heavy..as I remembered. I saw how I looked under my skin. I swear I saw a 4 pack. I'm not lying. Now if I can just get the remaining fat and swelling in my abs to go down then you'll see them too. hehe

At some point seeing all that red..made me queasy so I pulled the sheet over my eyes a bit till I felt better. My surgery lasted ..a little under 2 hours.

Telly you lost a large amount of weight in a short time, maybe we call talk so you can knock some motivation into my head. I just had a baby but I had my surgery last year 01/05 and I was 243.5, my son was born in April of 2006 and I am barely about 190ish or so. I wish I can motivated my self and continue my journey like you have.

Esmeralda,

I understand where you're at.

All I can do for you is show you what I've done. Hopefully that will give you some sort of guide or show you what you may not be doing that maybe you should. You will have to decide if you want to go into this with a Gung-ho kick ass attitude or....or if you want to half ass do it...or if you want to take this slow, steady and easy.

Telly, I love your attitude. So how was the decision made to reamin awake for surgery? I think it would be fascinating to watch, but not on my own body. You obviously have a strong stomach. Both figuratively and literally!

now i love watching the emergency er shows and operations on the health cannel but to watch my own i dont think i could lol

ewwwwwww , are you sure telly you did not feel a thing lol:second: :hail: you way above us lol you go girl

WOW- I am not sure if I would want to watch on my own body. But when I get all my weight off I also will need a Tummy Tuck. You are such an insipiration to me. I am about the same weight as when you started, and I also used Dr. Rumbaut. Thanks for sharing so much about the tummy tuck.

Did you have the option of being asleep during you operation, or is the block the only way your surgeon does it.

I asked right before I walked over into OR if I was going under and they said no that they do blocks. I guess it's safer to do blocks. Some patients have a hard time coming out of general anesthesia.

Hey Telly, I hope you don't lose your hair again from the surgery!! Did you lose hair when you had your c-section? Just curious.

Telly

You've motivated me AGAIN!!! I'm scheduled for a Tummy Tuck and breast lift with implants on Monday with Dr Romero!! I am so nervous.I wish I could talk to you personally.I am scared actually.I just called for a simple consultation and I am told that they do the consultation in the morning and if I agree to everything the surgery will be the same day! I'm so nervous I can't breath! hehehehehehehe

Telly

Your doctor said to wait until 6 months before you lost all the weight? I'm about 6 months away from being "ideally" where I want to be. Right now I'm a solid size 16, but if I got rid of a lot of my stomach I'd be a 12 or 14. I really don't want to be smaller than a size 10-12. I like being curvy. I want butt filler, a Tummy Tuck, and some Lipo around my waist. Is this something you'd suggest doing right now? Who did you do your consultation with? I haven't had kids yet, but I plan to. I just don't want my future husband to be disgusted by my "flap".