Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey Telly, I hope you don't lose your hair again from the surgery!! Did you lose hair when you had your c-section? Just curious.

No, not at all. I lost my hair due to rapid weight loss as most Gastric Bypass patients do to malnutrition, malabsorption. By losing soo much weight soo fast your body goes under intense stress and so goes the hair follicles. Not everyone goes through this during band weight loss but then again, not everyone loses as fast. I don't have issues with blocks, epidurals or anesthesia.

Telly

You've motivated me AGAIN!!! I'm scheduled for a Tummy Tuck and breast lift with implants on Monday with Dr Romero!! I am so nervous.I wish I could talk to you personally.I am scared actually.I just called for a simple consultation and I am told that they do the consultation in the morning and if I agree to everything the surgery will be the same day! I'm so nervous I can't breath! hehehehehehehe

Wow, soo soon? The doctor generally would prefer that you be 15 - 20lbs from goal weight. A consult done on the same day as surgery yes but I had a consult via email too as I had to send pictures of my stomach/flap abs. The doc saw them, evaluated and said I'd be a good candidate for the surgery, but then I had to fly in to meet him and yes, it was another consult but this time, with him touching, poking and prodding.

He will probably tell you to wait 30lbs more before the surgery but I'm not sure. But wait, is your ticker accurate? I see in your sig line that you're 148lbs. Are you 148 or 184? Your ticker says 184 and your sig line says 148.

Telly

Your doctor said to wait until 6 months before you lost all the weight? I'm about 6 months away from being "ideally" where I want to be. Right now I'm a solid size 16, but if I got rid of a lot of my stomach I'd be a 12 or 14. I really don't want to be smaller than a size 10-12. I like being curvy. I want butt filler, a Tummy Tuck, and some Lipo around my waist. Is this something you'd suggest doing right now? Who did you do your consultation with? I haven't had kids yet, but I plan to. I just don't want my future husband to be disgusted by my "flap".

No, they werent' my doctors, but potential plastic surgeons.

The doctor will tell you (any doctor will tell you) to hold off on a tummy tuck until after you've had children. Lipo holds no bars but tummy tucks are deferred if you are planning on having kids. Also Dr. Romero does butt enhancement injections but I don't know what's all involved. I don't recommend anything other than you deciding on your own ..what you want to do for you. Only you and your doc can truly know what you're ready for.

I was researching the other day something called, "The Brazillian Butt Lift" and allz I can say is WHOA. They take the fat lipoed out from other sites of your body, then purify the fats and only use the really good stuff and inject them in your butt, filling you out with a very nice badunkadunk! I am not addicted to plastic surgery as of course this tt was my first time getting anything cosmetic, but that butt thing seems awesome. I may have my breasts done if I lose anymore of it. I was a 38D now a 34B cup and I've got another 14-16lbs to go. I think they'll disappear by then.

Telly,

I don't know how to update my ticker! hehehehehe .I'm 147 today.

I'm about 20 pounds from my goal but It's all skin.I see and feel my bones everywhere and when I lay down my stomach and everything (including my boobs)gets flat! Pretty gross.Skin just spreads everywhere!So I know it's all skin now,some fat but mostly skin.

Hey I have a question for you,The facilitator told me that they have alot of Dr Kuri Pts that come to them and that they consult with Dr Kuri about port

positioning if needed.Well since everything is moving so fast I thought I would call Kuri's office,just to double check cause I have so many thoughts spinning in my head anyways Dr Kuri's office said they don't refer any of thier Pts to Dr Romero.I am so confused.Do you feel he is a good trusting Dr and would you go back to him for more procedures? The Kuri group suggests Dr Sombranes,but the way they keep pushing his name ever since the lap band procedure was done it seems to me like someone is getting commision or something.I just want someone to do a good job.I worked really hard to get to where I'm at now and I just want to have everything turn out good.I want to have no regrets.HELP!!!

Lisanjason: I hope that you'll keep us informed about how everything goes! I wish you best! You're going to be so happy with the results!

Lisandjason: Did you go ahead and get your surgery?

Tilly: Are you all right? Haven't heard any updates in a while. Hoping everything is okay.

Lisanjason: I hope that you'll keep us informed about how everything goes! I wish you best! You're going to be so happy with the results!

Hello..yes I'm doing better. Was going through some issues with restraining myself from exercise. Kinda got me down but I'm fine. Niboor i'll answer your oms when I get back from my conference. love and well wishes..........Telly

Hello Telly glad you doing good cindy was telling me about your Tummy Tuck well she is my cousie and her sister just had it done and i seen her but now i want to know about yours and see some more pic.you can e-mail them to me if you don't mind robinjmetcalf@yahoo.com thanks so much.

Tilly: Sorry you've been down. Thanks for the updated pictures. I know how hard it is to be patient. I'm getting very impatient waiting for my fill (which is next week). I'm impatient about how fast or slow my weight loss it, etc. I am going to start exercising twice a day and following the other guidelines you outlined in an exercise thread. When can you start exercising again? I wish you the best.

I'm feeling great ty Karey.

Here are some updated belly pics for you guys. I just took them 5 min ago.

tellybelly110606.jpg

Telly, when were you able to stop wearing your binder? When did you notice the swelling went down? Thanks in advance! You look awesome!

Hey I am still wearing the compression garment. I'm supposed to wear one for a few months for optimum results. I have to buy a new one b/c the one I have is too big now. The doc said that if i can slip an arm in it then it's time to rid of it and go to phase 2. I am still swollen. I am 4 weeks post op today. Swelling lasts for up to 1 year from what i understand but i have an extra binder that I put on top of the garment around my waist so the recovery is faster. Doc told me to do it. Thanks.