Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How soon after getting a Tummy Tuck can you drive or how soon after did you drive. Telly you look great, I also have a consultation tomorrow with Dr. Romero to get a tummy tuck and a boob job in June (I have to wait till my kids are out on vacation).

I drove about 1 week and a half after the surgery, just to go to the post office.

Awesome that you are going to see Dr. Romero. He looks like a Mexican Sean Connery, just very short. He was shorter than I am. I'm 5ft 3..last I checked...lol.

He's very thorough with his questioning and recommendations. I wish you luck.

Telly: You look wonderful! I was just on this website reading about TT (http://www.breasthealthonline.org). There is alot more to the recovery than I ever imagined. I can see why you got a little down about not being able to exercise. I guess it's still going to be a while before you can? Do you still think its worth it? (You do look great).

Karey, I have been working out, against my doctors orders. I walked 7 miles a few days ago and 6.5 the other day and cleaned my entire house yesterday. I am 4 weeks post op and I am ok to go. I love that I did it. I'd do it 100 times over.

I wish I did not ever pick up a cigarrett..my husband does not and has not ever smoked, I did quit but picked them back up after 6months....wish I could stop he does not know I picked them back up I dont smoke around him and he travels alot so he is not home so much.

banded 5-21-04 doing great. Lost 110 and still going....

Hang in there, it definitely gets better.

Now, of course I still experience swelling - even more than 5 months after my own TT surgery.

So I no need to wear my garment/binder every day like I did after surgery, but I still wear it at night (I love to wake up looking nice and flat) and rarely, on occasions if I think I'll be taxing myself.

At this point I basically feel it more after super busy days...after climbing many flights of stairs.... or after walking long distances.

For example yesterday I ended up walking for miles on a convention center floor (it was impromptu) and if I'd known I was going, I'd have worn some type of compression garment underneath to keep the swelling down (I also had on hard bottomed, high heels so I felt more 'force' with each step).

I know some patients who still swell up a bit, even 6-12 months after their procedures.

Just know that the results are well worth it. You won't regret it for a second.

Okay, I haven't had kids yet. I know the docs recommend waiting until after kids, but why can't I just get another Tummy Tuck later, too?

Also, I want to get the tummy tuck in February, but I have this bike trip in Spain planned for September (about 7 months after surgery). Is this going to be a problem? NewSho, you mentioned continued swelling after surgery. Will all the biking be a problem? I bike at least 100 miles a week, does that cause problems with a TT? How soon after were you able to really start exercising?

I saw Dr. Romero yesterday and I am so excited, can't wait till June (that's when I plan on having my work done). I am getting a full Tummy Tuck which is from hip to hip and breast lift with size D implants. Tilly please keep posted on your recovery I am so happy for you.

I can't find any info about when I can exercise hard after a TT. I'm doing a full triathalon in June. If I had a TT in February would it be possible to do it in June? Also, how bad is the swelling? is it noticeable with your clothes on? Do you still swell up even after a year?

It sounds funny to say this, but I have tentative plans to get married next year and I plan on waiting at least another year or two to have kids, which I know would basically undo the Tummy Tuck, but would it stretch out my skin horribly bad (because the skin is already thinner from the tuck)?

I can't find any info about when I can exercise hard after a TT. I'm doing a full triathalon in June. If I had a TT in February would it be possible to do it in June? Also, how bad is the swelling? is it noticeable with your clothes on? Do you still swell up even after a year?

It sounds funny to say this, but I have tentative plans to get married next year and I plan on waiting at least another year or two to have kids, which I know would basically undo the Tummy Tuck, but would it stretch out my skin horribly bad (because the skin is already thinner from the tuck)?

I was able to exercise 6 weeks after the TT, til then it was only walking. So if you had it done early Feb, you'd be back up and at em mid March. That still gives you a few months to train, but do realize you'll still be a bit sore at times.

The swelling can vary from person to person. It was definitely noticeable for me, even 3 months after surgery, when I was wearing pants without elastic lol. Like, in the morning I'd put on jeans, but by lunchtime, they'd be hurting, even if I hadn't eaten anything. I'm now 7 months out now though and all of that has well and truly gone away.

As for the pregnancy thing, I'm not sure. I started young lol. We're the same age, but my daughter is 8 now. My surgeon though, told me that I'd want to maintain my weight from here on out if possible, as radical loss or radical gain would be detrimental to his work.

Thanks for the info, Jess. Maybe I could just go in and get some Lipo and remove the stretched skin and forget the muscle bit. Right now I'd be a size 12 if it weren't for my damn stomach. It seriously needs to go. It gets in the way when I run and try on clothes.

I don't know if I'd want to go through all the pain and trouble of a Tummy Tuck if I'm just going to have to have another one later. Maybe there's alternative surgeries out there. i'll check into them. Regardless, I'm still going for the boob job! They'll be DD, and they'll be fantastic!

As you can see I still have quite a ways to go with fat reduction and swelling around my abdominal area (post tummy tuck). I am in the gym still and I am utilizing abdominal exercise machines.

At this point in the post operative stage I am unlimited to the type of exercise I am able to do however I try not to push too far with the abdominal exercises.

Tummy Tuck - 10/09/06

Today's pics - 11/21/06

Approximately 7 weeks tomorrow, November 26th, 2006

• First picture left - Frontal view of the abdomen and belly button
  • Second & Third picture right - Side view of the abdominal area
  • Fourth picture bottom left - Laying on my side to see how much belly would spill over and out.
  • Fifth picture bottom right - Laying flat on my back. Can see upper abdominal muscles are tight thanks to muscle repair stitch.

tellybelly11260602.jpg

Telly, way to go. You are an inspiration. Thanks for sharing. Someday, I'm going to get this done. Hope I can ask you more questions when it gets closer.

Thanks guys. I'm just sharing progression pictures here. Keep up the great work with your weightloss.