Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

WELL I FINALLY GIVEN UP THE SMOKING THIS WEEK 4 MY FUTURE Tummy Tuck FINDING IT A LITTLE TUFF BUT IM WILLING TO SEE IT THROUGH AS I WANT MY TUMMY TUCK TO GO SAFLEY. IM A BIT GRUMPY AS I NEED A CIGARETTE BUT IT GETS EASIER AS THE DAYS GO BY. WELL DONE TELLY U LOOK GR8 XXXXXXXXX

Esmeralda, my doctor's name is Dr. Romero out of Tijuana. Send me a pm and I will give you his information.

Thank you Ousooner. You are practically there. Keep up the good work and don't let the trial peripheral things bring you down. You are one great motivating forces around here. Hope we can do the same for you.

Sugarplum, I know it's hard. My father was at 2 packs per day. There are no words that I could say to make this better or easier for you. All I hope for you is that you permanently quit and will get much healthier, Tummy Tuck and smokefree.

Here are our final pictures here in Tijuana. We had dinner at a fancy restaurant last night called "Gypsi" spelled ending with an "i" and some photos here at the airport in San Diego. I was transported through the airport via a wheelchair. The lady that did the body search says she sees quite a bit of patients arriving at the airport with bandages, drains, etc. She was soo sweet and was gentle with me.

I have some discomfort and some burning pain but other than that, I am ok.

My DH and DD are in the pics with me. My son opted to go to NYC to watch the Giants game. Go figure eh?

IMAGE_00052.jpg

Here are our pictures at San Diego Airport right before we board, as you can see I am very bored. I'm snapping shots all over the place.

96A036.jpg

96A038.jpg

Telly you are ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D

That is EXACTLY what I was thinking. Man--look at those EYES! Cleopatra would be envious.

I'm curious Telly, did you check out Dr Quiroz in TJ? That's who Muffinbirdie (hasn't been here for awhile, but she's pretty impressive) went to for a bodylift and he works a lot w/ Dr Otiz pts. He seemed like a good choice to me just because he can install a low-profile port at the same time. Did your surgeon do that?

I was really hoping to be able to get a TT or lift by now, but unfortunately I haven't been losing lately. Maybe you'll inspire me!

Just how much of a pain is that compression garment? And what about bathing? And, uh... other things?

Thank you ladies!

I saw Dr. Romero. He's really great! He's with Tijuana Cosmetic Surgeons. I did not request a low profile port. My port is soo buried, even before the surgery I could not feel or find it. No problems. I am fine with what I have.

At first the compression garment hurt like shi*t! But now it's my best friend. I took a shower without it on and it wasn't too bad but my husband washed it last night and I put on one of those gym waist compression sweat belts, reverse though so that I don't sweat (per the doctors recommendations) just till the compression garment dried and it was tight on me but not as snug and did not secure me as well as I wanted it to be. This morning I woke up, my tubing where it exits my body was kinda stuck to the belt and (ewww) it hurt and wasn't purdy.

I put on my dr. prescribed garment and I was in heaven again. It really grabs you tightly and makes you feel sooo together. It's like a body girdle.

The tape around my waistline that covered my stitches got wet therefore the doc told me that if it got wet during a shower, try to dry it. Having a moist tape is harmful to my healing process. I decided to go ahead and peel it off and there was alot of dried blood on the tape. My husband took the blowdryer and dried my incision area, how sweet. I'm healing nicely but wow am I still very swollen.

No pain this morning whatsoever. I have not taken pain meds for about 14 hours. I feel great!

Here are pictures I took a few minutes ago. The pictures are of my new bellybutton, the compression garment and lastly, the drain and vac called "Drenovac"

bellybutton.jpg

Hey I thought maybe this would be fun to do. Everyone that has read in through this thread has already seen these pictures but I have put them side by side. Notice how far down my older belly button (if that's what you call it) was from my tattoo and how far down it is now after surgery. I can see now where the 9lbs of skin went.

compare.jpg

Whoa Telly! That's hot. Your new bellybutton looks exceptionally good. I've seen many ladies who have had tummy tucks but their bellybuttons look scary. Your doc did an excellent job.

I got laser hair removal done on my abs/chest/around nipples/chin and neck the other day. I didn't have a ton of hair, but I still wanted it gone! But you know, despite having to bear it all in front of the doctor, the thing I was MOST embarassed about bearing was my nasty sagging stomach. So your pics have inspired me. When I hit 170 pounds, which isn't too terribly far from now, hopefully, I'm goin to Mexico!

Damn! You look amazing!

I'm definitely going that route when I get to goal. Congrats, Telly!

Telly u look fab well done ! did u have a full Tummy Tuck ? as they said they can only do a apronectomy on me, as a full one would interfere with my port ! congrats again, from liz xxxxxxxx

Sugar,

Yes I had a full abdominoplasty. My port is about 2 inches left and about a half inch down below my belly button. They never moved it as it was in a perfect place when they removed most of my apron. The port was not an issue. My surgeon has had quite a few patients with ports come in for TT and he would reposition it or install a low profile port if needed.

I had my lapband done in India September 2005 and then returned in April 2006 for Tummy Tuck, arm lift and Lipo in the tighs. I am so glad that I had it done, but the pain was awful at the time. Would I have it done again, not all at the same time. The total cost for the surgeries and 17 days in the hospital (this was my choice rather than going to a resort and traveling back and forth to the hospital for care with all of the pain) was $5,790.00. This included all the meals etc and my husband stayed in the room with me. It is a long way to travel, but when you can't afford US hospitals this is surely the way to go for hospital care.

Telly,

Is there other things you planning on getting with this doctor??? I am interesed in know about the breast agmentation or breast left, if you have gathered any information from this doctor can you share it!!

Thanks