Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Eww yeah Julie. The port is repositioned if need be. Now mine is buldging out and I should have went for a lower profile which I will need to do before any competition. *uggggggggggh* since I lost alot of fat around my abs, it's just poking out like a hernia.

Ok, um......I saw the tubing and the port believe it or not. I saw the entire surgery as I was awake. I saw the tubing attached to my inner lining of skin. Gross but it's there and very visible.

hi i'm new to the board and am having surgery on dec 2 sat. yikes--- one of my biggest fears of weight loss is the excess skin in the abdominal area and arms if not too personal have any of you ladies had the same fears it might sound petty which it is because i look forward to the weight loss but feel i will look horrid after my desired weight goal. i asked my doc and she said it depends on each person but if you have been big most of your life chances are the the skin will sort of shrink back into place???? but others it is not so??

I'm with you sister. I am 329 lbs, 36 yrs old 5'6" and I am SCARED TO DEATH:faint: of what I'm going to look like. I have an olive complexion so even though I'm covered in stretch marks, you can't see them but you can feel them. Am I only going to lose weight only to have my husband to grossed out to touch me because of loose skin and stretch marks??:( I've heard that skin brushing is helpful and started doing that. I'm in the beginning consulation process of the lap band procedure and hope to be banded by late feb if not before. I'm scared and excited.

Tracy

. I saw the entire surgery as I was awake. I saw the tubing attached to my inner lining of skin. Gross but it's there and very visible.

You were AWAKE??? Whoa.

Wasn't it hard to hold still? How long did the procedure take? Is it usual to stay awake or was it something you wanted?

synicalchick, what is skin brushing? I'm interested in anything that might help my skin end up looking better!!

I have copied this from a site and it will give you a clue i think. I do not do the DRY skin brushing.. I brush in the shower with the body conidtioner because I have Fibro and my skin is always super sensative..:(

DRY SKIN BRUSHING

It is WELL known that the Skin is the LARGEST Organ in the Body, and is responsible for one-fourth of the Body's Detoxification each day, also making it, one of the most IMPORTANT Elimination Organs! The Skin is also known as the "3rd" Kidneys and the Lungs are known as the "2nd" Kidneys. TOXICITY can gather beneath the Skin's Surface from such COMMON Influences such as IMPROPER pH levels in Body Soaps, Skin Creams and Anti-Perspirants, plus Synthetic Fibers worn NEXT to the Skin with ANY of them contributing to a variety of Skin Problems and Conditions.

When you do Skin Brushing, you HELP your Lymph System to CLEAN itself of the TOXINS, that COLLECT in the Lymph Glands. You use a Simple Technique to IMPROVE the Surface Circulation on the Skin and KEEP the Pores of the Skin OPEN, encouraging your Body's Discharge of Metabolic Wastes, and resulting in an IMPROVED ability to COMBAT Bacteria, plus HELPING your Skin to look and feel HEALTHIER and MORE RESILIENT! Skin Brushing is a PERFECT Treatment for SELF-HELP Enthusiasts.

• Benefits:
  • TIGHTENS Skin.
  • HELPS Digestion.
  • REMOVES cellulite.< /span>
  • STIMULATES Circulation.
  • INCREASES Cell Renewal.
  • CLEANS Lymphatic System.
  • REMOVES Dead Skin Layers.
  • STRENGTHENS Immune System.
  • IMPROVES Exchange between Cells.
  • STIMULATES the Glands, thus helping ALL of the
    Body Systems to perform at PEAK EFFICIENCY!

1. How To Do:
  2. Buy a NATURAL, NOT Synthetic, Bristle Brush, since it does NOT SCRATCH the Surface of the Skin.
  3. Buy a Brush with a LONG Handle, so that you're ABLE to get to the Areas of your Body, that are NOT EASY to reach, when doing your own Skin Brushing.
  4. Skin Brush, before Showering or Bathing, at least ONCE per day, and TWICE, if possible.
  5. Do NOT wet Skin, since it will NOT have the SAME Effect, because this stretches the Skin.
  6. ALWAYS Skin Brush towards the Heart.
  7. Do Circular Counter-Clockwise Strokes on the Abdomen.
  8. Do LIGHTER Strokes over and around Breasts, but do NOT Brush the Nipples.
  9. Brush each part of the Body several times VIGOROUSLY, COMPLETELY Brushing the WHOLE Body.
  10. Brush the Soles of the Feet FIRST, because the Nerve Endings there affect the WHOLE Body, next Brush the Ankles, Calves, and Thighs, then Brush across your Stomach and Buttocks and lastly Brush your Hands to the Arms.
  11. Take a WARM Bath or Shower, which should always be followed by a COOL Rinse at the end to INVIGORATE Blood Circulation and STIMULATE Surface Warmth.
  12. Wash your Brush every few Weeks in Water and let it DRY.

I was told you should wait about 2 years after losing weight before getting any kind of plastic surgery. Does your skin really start molding to your new body?

I was banded May 30th 2006 and have been planning reconstructive surgery every since. I have met with a plastic surgeron to discuss Tummy Tuck (tucking the excess) and the angio-xxx (don't know the correct spelling or word but the procedure is to remove the "apron" is how the surgeon referred to it). One of the procedures may be covered by my health insurance since the excess skin is a result of the weight loss. The other procedure will be my expense. The cost is approx. $3500 out of pocket, that is provided that the health insurance covers the other part. I have tried to research the procedures and some of the pros and cons of having them but I am still a bit confused. Is there anybody who has suggestions on what to look for in a surgeon. All of them have the before and after photos but what separates the good ones from the mediocre ones? Additionally, in my desire to resculpture myself, I have also found a procedure nicknamed "the brazillian butt lift". Since I have always been more stomach than butt, this could really add a new dimension to my physique. Is it better to have this procedure performed in brazil? Just how safe is Brazil for having plastic surgery? Has anybody had an experience with the Cosmetic Vacations organization?

GJray

Banded 5/30/06

230/198 (I cheated at christmas) goal 155

I was banded May 30th 2006 and have been planning reconstructive surgery every since. I have met with a plastic surgeron to discuss Tummy Tuck (tucking the excess) and the angio-xxx (don't know the correct spelling or word but the procedure is to remove the "apron" is how the surgeon referred to it). One of the procedures may be covered by my health insurance since the excess skin is a result of the weight loss. The other procedure will be my expense. The cost is approx. $3500 out of pocket, that is provided that the health insurance covers the other part. I have tried to research the procedures and some of the pros and cons of having them but I am still a bit confused. Is there anybody who has suggestions on what to look for in a surgeon. All of them have the before and after photos but what separates the good ones from the mediocre ones? Additionally, in my desire to resculpture myself, I have also found a procedure nicknamed "the brazillian butt lift". Since I have always been more stomach than butt, this could really add a new dimension to my physique. Is it better to have this procedure performed in brazil? Just how safe is Brazil for having plastic surgery? Has anybody had an experience with the Cosmetic Vacations organization?

GJray

Banded 5/30/06

230/198 (I cheated at christmas) goal 155

I think you mean Abdominoplasty (an Angio is something else all together).

As for the backside... I found that my "bum" looked far more shapely after my weight loss and abdominoplasty. Don't know why, it just does!

Chickie: I went to your links and was very impressed! What a journey you have been on. I am half way to my goal and can't wait to lose the skin. How long did you wait to have ps after you reached goal weight? Was it all worth it?

I'm scheduled for my lower-body lift! February 16, in about 5.5 weeks, I'm going under the knife. Ooh, that sounds painful. Anyhow, I'm going to lose another 12 pounds before the surgery. He seems to think he'll remove 10-15 pounds of loose skin and fat. Since I"m still losing an skin is still stretching back, I'll lose another 10 pounds or so post-surgery, taking me to like 150 pounds. I'm so freaking excited I can't breathe. I want to send a pic to my ex boyfriend and say "Look what you lost, sukka!"

Anyhow, Telly, question for you: Did you gain any weight post-op? I mean, the doc told me I couldn't exercise for 6 weeks. Makes me think I'm in danger of gaining some weight while I'm being all lazy in recovery.

Chickie: I went to your links and was very impressed! What a journey you have been on. I am half way to my goal and can't wait to lose the skin. How long did you wait to have ps after you reached goal weight? Was it all worth it?

I had my Tummy Tuck about 6 weeks after getting to goal. My tummy was the only thing I had done (no Lipo, no boobs ect). My tummy was the only thing I needed done to be truthful. I was really lucky. My doctors agreed that there was little point in waiting to have the TT, because of the amount of skin involved. There was just no way that the apron I had was going to shrink. So we just went ahead and did it.

Was it worth it? Oh, boy! It was soo worth it! I am so happy. Delighted in fact. I lost another 20lbs following my surgery, and I am now an Aussie size 6 (according to http://www.onlineconversion.com/clothing_womens.htm that is a US size 2)

Oh damn, I guess Feb. 16 is out! I'm having the lower body lift on FRIDAY (yes, 2 days from today)!!!!!! It was just better because of schedule reasons to do it then. I can hardly believe it. I was looking forward to losing at least 15 more pounds before that, but I think it should be okay. After all, I haven't had kids yet and I think it might benefit me to have a nice stomach but not stretched to the hilt already.

I'll keep y'all posted. I have 'before' pics, but they're nasty. I don't think I'm brave enough to post them.