Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I have had french fries and those are fine. I really don't have any cravings for fried food other than maybe a grilled cheese sammie. Wait - I did eat some skin off of rotisserie chicken and that was awesome and went down find. Not sure if that qualifies as fried or not.

i have tried fried pork chop using canola oil, which I found worked real well with my new pouch; however, I do not make it a habit to eat fried foods whether fast food or hme fried. usually i attempt to eat meat, but have problems trying to finish.

When was your surgery? Fried food is the same as any other solid food. Won't hurt you if you chew it up really really well and is allowed in your food stage. You are told to avoid fried food because it is high calorie, high fat, high carb and usually not much to it nutritionally speaking. I have nibbled on a few fried things since surgery. My sleeve was fine with it, but my calorie counter was not. lol

I had a piece of fried chicken and it tasted really good and went down fine. I have no urges for it again though. I really stay away from fried foods now and french fries just taste greasy to me. Potatoes turn to surgar anyways. :) Besides, I knew that I had to give up fried foods when I made a choice to have my surgery and I am totally embracing my decision. :) Feels so good to follow through. :)

Im also 5 weeks post-op and my momma just had to make Fried Fish on the oven OMG :o Im dying here I wanna eat a piece. ughhhh lol

Fried fish doesn't taste the same to me anymore!! I like it fresh best and easier to eat !! Ceviche & Shrimp cocktail = YES!!

Ive had fried shrimp and conch fritters- only like 2 bites and i'm done- don't like the feeling full and the greasiness ( I had this at about 4 mos post op) Now I dont eat anything fried- Sauteed in some coconut or grape oil but very little- NOthing deep fried- it's not worth it to me anyway...

I had a Popeye's spicy chicken tender when I was about 4weeks out. Didn't cause any problems, but I did realize that it doesn't taste near as good as I remember.

At 4 weeks out I had a few curly fries from Arby's. French fries was one of my biggest pre-op addictions. It was a little tough to get them down, especially without drinking. They didn't cause any pain or problems. And, while they still tasted good (not great), I don't plan on doing it again for a long while.

I've tried fried chicken in very small amounts. Both times it wasn't enjoyable. I am glad so it will not be a struggle to avoid it. My sleeve isn't very accepting to meat so far.

Fried foods make me SICK. Wing-Stop is not my friend. :( nor is chicken tender appetizers. They make me nauseous. I used to LOVE garlic Parmesan boneless wings, French fries, and baked Beans from WingStop. Now I have no desire whatsoever. Although I miss the preop memories of deliciousness, I think it's a great thing that it is no longer appealing.

I find that some fried foods don't affect me, but I am careful not to go overboard. I would like fried fish one day.