Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I just had a horrible pain attack again. This is when i get pain by the bottom of my rib cage in the middle. Horrible deep feeling pain. Didn't go to hospital but took a heavy duty pain killer after i had the pain for 15 minutes. Took a solid hour to work. Was in complete agony. On a scale of 1-10 it got to an 8. I was hot and sweaty. Was pacing around the house. Wanted to cry my eyes out. Nothing I did helped. No way of laying... Or stretching. Ice pack didn't reduce pain. But just made me less hot. Now I am loopy from pain killer. Also have neck and shoulder pain. Still don't know what the f**k this is from. Didnt eat anything stupid or strange either. Seeing GI doctor on Wednesday. If they have even the slightest feeling it might be my gallbladder I want the fucker taken out. This is the fourth time I've had pain and it was absolutely horrible. (went to ER three times for this).

Just to recap I've had a cat scan, EKG, blood test, urine test, X-ray, and ultrasound. Ive been to my gastric surgeon and my primary doctor, not to mention the three different ER doctors. The only thing that was found was gallbladder sludge an a polyp in my gallbladder... Which they say wouldn't cause this pain. They all have no idea what this is all about. I'm praying the GI doctor an figure this out.

I do a lot of driving for work and see my clients throughout the month (I'm a social worker) so having this pain while I'm at work (which thankfully hasn't happened yet) is just not an option for me. One of my biggest fears is that I will get it at work... I would take a painkiller because there is just no other way to deal... But that would mean I would have to take sick time... And just lay in my car for several hours... No way I can drive on this medication.

Sorry for the foul language. Just stressed out.

I know I've posted about this pain before... But if anyone has any ideas or similar experiences.... Please please help!

Thank you

Btw. I am now three months and 5 days out of surgery and I've lost 91 pounds (although been in a stall for a week now due to my period). Went from a 5x and just today I fit in a 3x!

Wow, sorry about your pain. Maybe you should get a second opinion. The pain you are having is not normal at all. I hope you feel better soon.

Same thing with pain here. I'm only 11 days out. In hospital again. They have no clue all tests are normal.

Yeah. This pain is Crazy and it's not in my head... I'm going to continue to seek out doctors until this is figured out... If I do get an answer I'll

Let you all know

I wouldn't wish this pain on my worst enemy

Apparently ppl say gallbladder pain is worse than childbirth

I have had what sounds like the same pain you are having. I had it about 10 times in the years before surgery and again a few days ago. I am three months out. The pain is unbelievably bad and no position or gas medicine relieves it. I felt like lying on the ground and curling up in the fetal position. I found that taking a big swig of a liquid got rid of it. The doctors have no idea what the problem is.

Very interesting. I never ever had this or anything like this before surgery and only started having it about three months after surgery.

I'll try drinking Water next time it happens... It's so unbearable

That sounds a lot like my gallbladder pain except I was nauseous too. Worst pain I can remember. I felt like my stomach was so bloated I couldn't breathe. When I went to the urgent care they did a few tests and I was told it was anxiety or indigestion, I ended up in the ER by ambulance with infected gallstones and immediate surgery.

Yeah. I don't have any nausea or stomach ache or diahhrhea when this happens.

And when I take the painkiller it does work (even though it takes an hour to work). When it starts to kick in it does take the pain away. When the medicine wears off the pain doesn't come back... And that's what I find weird... You would think that when the painkiller wore off... The pain would come back... But it doesn't

That kind of pain sounds like when I was passing a gallstone that got stuck. However, my pain was in my back. The ER thought I was miscarrying. Once I had an ultrasound they were able to figure out what was wrong. I also have pain in the middle of my ribcage which was due to my hiatal hernia. Have you had an endoscopy?

When I had the endoscopy before surgery they did say I had a small hernia... And that if when they did the surgery it looked bad they would fix it. But.. I just realized I have no clue if it was ever fixed. I will def call my surgeon and ask about this and bring it all up to the GI doctor on Wednesday. Thanks.

I had my gallbladder taken out a year and a half ago because I got horrible pains when I passed the stones.

It would start with feeling like a stomacheache and keep intensifying to a more deeper pain right where my rib cage ends. After a few minutes it would also spread around to my back. Like a line around. I would run around the house crying and trying to get into different positions to get even a tiny bit of relief. I would stretch, kneel, sit, lie down... anything. That was the worst part, that it was a constant horrible pain with no relief. It would last around 20 mins. About an 8-10 on the pain scale.

The second time it happened, near the end, I sat down on the couch and rocked back and forth pretty fast. That made me nauseous so I sat in front of the toilet and continued to rock. This seemed to help and it slowly went away.

The third time I lay down on our tile floor, tummy down and used my feet to rock back and forth. The rocking and cold from the tile on my stomache was a good distraction and I went to sit in front of the toilet again till it stopped.

Luckily that was the last one before I got it removed. Hope you get some answers soon cause if it's the same thing I can totally sympathize.

I also thing this sounds gallbladdery. That was the most excruciating and indescribable pain I've experienced. My whole torso was in agony, I couldn't tell if it was my back or an organ in my abdomin. The the pain would be gone as fast as it came on.

Inappropriate language is not permitted on this forum please try to share your opinions without using these words. Thanks!

Yeah. This pain is Crazy and it's not in my head... I'm going to continue to seek out doctors until this is figured out... If I do get an answer I'll

Let you all know

I wouldn't wish this pain on my worst enemy

Apparently ppl say gallbladder pain is worse than childbirth

Gallbladder pain is very bad!!! My stones were causing me to have pancreatitis attacks!!!! Worst pain I've ever had, and I have given birth.

Anyway I drive a lot for my job too, I'm a probation officer. I did have an attack while out working. I was 20 miles from closest hospital. Luckily one of my co-workers had taken the day off and I was close to her house, otherwise I was going to have to pull over on side the road and wait it out