Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm doing really good I haven't really had any problems maybe a few. I'm off like 3 of my medications that I had to take before my surgery. I have lost 22 lbs since my post op.

Wow that is awesome about the weight loss and most of all the medications. Go you !!!

I just got a surgery date. It will be August 10th! I hope all goes well too.

Im so excited for you have you started the pre op liquid diet? You can do this!!
I have my pre op appt tomorrow and I start my liquid diet on the 3rd. You are doing so good so far!
really not til the 3rd I was on a liquid diet for 2 weeks before surgery. Luck you! I'm going well I wake up in the morning and am excited to get to the scale because it seems like everyday this week I've been down at least a few ounces. Last week I was premenstrual and I think retaining Water and the scale didn't move. I'm celebrating every ounce now????. How was your preop appt? Are you nervous? How do you feel?

I too am off a 3 meds since my surgery - pre-diabetic pill, BP and cholesterol! I love it! I've lost a total of 31lbs since starting my 2wk preop diet (so in 6wks). I was doing really well until 2 days ago. Then noticed two of my incisions were hard, hot and painful. Emailed Madison (Cottam's PA) and she had me come in yesterday. They ended up cutting me open again and taking a whole lot of granulomas out and draining some infection. She said its very strange considering I was 4wks out from surgery. I now have my entire stomach bandaged and today I'm in so much pain - I'd say equal to the day of surgery pain! Back on my pain meds and lifting/movement restrictions of the first week. So sad. Oh well... at least I can eat better. The scale is still on a very slow progression downwards but I'm glad the stall is over...even if it's only ounces instead of pounds like it was.

Wow ! I am so sorry that you are going thru all of that. But very grateful they were able to get you taken care of so quickly. Our bodies are so mysterious.

It is great that you are still losing.

Thank you for sharing.

Edited by tacha22001

I too am off a 3 meds since my surgery - pre-diabetic pill, BP and cholesterol! I love it! I've lost a total of 31lbs since starting my 2wk preop diet (so in 6wks). I was doing really well until 2 days ago. Then noticed two of my incisions were hard, hot and painful. Emailed Madison (Cottam's PA) and she had me come in yesterday. They ended up cutting me open again and taking a whole lot of granulomas out and draining some infection. She said its very strange considering I was 4wks out from surgery. I now have my entire stomach bandaged and today I'm in so much pain - I'd say equal to the day of surgery pain! Back on my pain meds and lifting/movement restrictions of the first week. So sad. Oh well... at least I can eat better. The scale is still on a very slow progression downwards but I'm glad the stall is over...even if it's only ounces instead of pounds like it was.

Oh my goodness, that doesn't sound fun. I hope you feel better soon.

It hasn't been. I was in horrible pain on Friday and Madison told me to go to the ER. I, of course, didn't go. I don't feel like this is an emergency and working for a hospital system people using the ER for non emergent things really bugs that crap out of me. I'll call them Monday morning and probably go into the office since the incision she made to release the infection is packed with gauze (why?!) and is very tender and still hard. I'm still stalled...and getting very angry about it. Haven't lost more than a couple ounces in weeks. I'm at the point of wondering why I had this surgery now. :(

Oh my gosh!! I am so worried about you it's Tuesday morning now please tell me you went to the hospital or the er and got checked out. I wish I had better knowledge to why having this surgery was a good thing. I do understand that in your current state why you are feeling like it wasn't such a great idea. I am Praying that this will pass and you feel better and you are able to remember why you thought this surgery was good for you. I can't even imaging what you are going thru. But I am here if you need to vent, talk anything. Please keep me posted.

I echo what Tasha said. I definitely want to know how you are doing and if you got checked out etc..

Hi all! Thanks for the concern @@tacha22001! It means a lot. I didn't end up going to the ER over the weekend (very much against my husbands begging), but I did go back into the office yesterday - Monday and saw Madison again. She took the gauze packing out of the other incision she made to release some of the infection and then pulled more stuff out of the main incision. All my other incisions have healed perfectly and only half of the big incision got infected... it's a mystery to everyone why. I've still got about a golf ball size mass in my stomach which we are fighting with major antibiotics. I also did an IV antibiotic yesterday to kick it up a bit. The original antibiotic she gave me last week made me puke everytime I took it... which could account for the little bit of weight loss I had sadly.
I'm still kind of bummed about surgery but I think it's pretty normal just for where I am and what I've been through lately. I'm finally past the stall - but just very slowly losing ounces now instead of the pounds I was so happy to see in the first couple weeks.

@keddykat75- Wahoo for only 6 days! That means your on your preop diet! Day 2 or 3 is the worst but after that you get use to it. :) Good luck!

@@tacha22001- I hope you are doing much better than me. How's your loss going? Have you had a meeting with the NUT yet? I'm anxious to meet with her because I still feel so lost of what exactly I'm doing.

Edited by jas84047

@@jas84047 thanks for updating us. I hope you continue to improve with the antibiotics. I am on day 2 of the liquid diet and doing ok except for a massive headache. I hope it gets better.

Hi all! Thanks for the concern @@tacha22001! It means a lot. I didn't end up going to the ER over the weekend (very much against my husbands begging), but I did go back into the office yesterday - Monday and saw Madison again. She took the gauze packing out of the other incision she made to release some of the infection and then pulled more stuff out of the main incision. All my other incisions have healed perfectly and only half of the big incision got infected... it's a mystery to everyone why. I've still got about a golf ball size mass in my stomach which we are fighting with major antibiotics. I also did an IV antibiotic yesterday to kick it up a bit. The original antibiotic she gave me last week made me puke everytime I took it... which could account for the little bit of weight loss I had sadly.

I'm still kind of bummed about surgery but I think it's pretty normal just for where I am and what I've been through lately. I'm finally past the stall - but just very slowly losing ounces now instead of the pounds I was so happy to see in the first couple weeks.

@keddykat75- Wahoo for only 6 days! That means your on your preop diet! Day 2 or 3 is the worst but after that you get use to it. :) Good luck!

@@tacha22001- I hope you are doing much better than me. How's your loss going? Have you had a meeting with the NUT yet? I'm anxious to meet with her because I still feel so lost of what exactly I'm doing.

I am so glad that you finally got medical attention. And things are better for you with the Antibiotics. Thank you for keeping us in the loop. I did email back-and-forth with the dietitian Andrea and she told me where I need to be and I track everything in my fitness pal which is an awesome App. She said right now I need to be at 600 to 800 calories 40 to 60 g of Protein and drinking 32 to 48 ounces of Water a day. As soon as I started drinking the Water the stall was over with and the ounces started coming off more rapidly. It is sometimes hard for me to get that much water in everyday. I try packing a cup or bottle around with me everywhere I go.

I have been feeling very good my incisions were really itchy for a while but now they're all healed. Still have to make sure I don't get over hungry because I tend to eat too fast and it gives me a stomachache. But other than that I feel terrific!!! I wish this surgery went as well for you.

@@jas84047 thanks for updating us. I hope you continue to improve with the antibiotics. I am on day 2 of the liquid diet and doing ok except for a massive headache. I hope it gets better.

For me days two and three were the toughest on the liquid diet day four through 10 were a breeze. Hopefully the headaches will go away day 4 too. Keep it up! You've got this!!!

Yep, the headaches are the worst part. For me that was pretty much gone by day 4! Keep up the good work! So happy for ya!

@@tacha22001, I love myfitnesspal! I've been using it for a couple years so tracking is easy for me. I'm so happy to hear the amounts you got from Andrea! That's lots less than what I have as my goals in MFP just from my research on here and reading. I will say I'm thrilled to see the Water goal! I've been stressing cuz I can't get to 64oz of liquids and feel like I'm swimming at about 40oz. I always get at least 60gm of Protein but usually more like 75-80. I keep my calories at 700 or below....although today I was at 750 so now I don't nerd to beat myself up for it like I was! Did she happen to say where our fats and carbs need to stay below? Those are the ones I can't find info on.

My fitness pal name is also keddykat75 if you want to friend me there