Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Do you have a hard time eating them? I'm 8 weeks post op and they look so big to me! I ordered them but haven't tried yet! I'm traveling at the end if the month and want to take them as an option!

I usually don't. Some of them are a bit dense, so I just eat what I can, and then snack on what's left later. However, I'm 17 months post-op, not 8 weeks. I really don't remember my eating habits when I was 8 weeks out. I was dealing with some non-WLS related neurological issues, and honestly my diet became a secondary thing. I tried to eat what I should, and avoid what I shouldn't, but I didn't obsess over it like I would have had I not been dealing with other things. When I'm at work ( pre-k teacher) I do not have the time to sit down and slowly eat a meal for 30 minutes. Heck, i dont have time to quickly eat something in 10 mins. Lol I'm moving from the time I walk in the door until the children go home, then I have to prep for the next day. So, usually what I do is take 2 Protein bars and 2 cheese sticks to work. Whenever I get a chance, I take a bite of food. I know that's not what's recommended, but it's the only way I get any food in. :-/

Just wanted to pitch in my two cents for bars...

If you have QT stores in your area, you may want to pick up a couple of Oh Yeah! bars to try. The usually run approx 180 cals (for the "Good Grab" size), 10g or less of usable carbs, and 15-18g of Protein. Aftertaste is minimal and the taste is good too :D

Oh Yeah! also makes yummy Protein wafers (think along the lines of a Kit Kat in texture)...sure kills my craving for crunchy sweet goodies! I especially love keeping them in the freezer and sneaking a couple bites when I can.

Someone earlier mentioned the Power Crunch bars, which are delicious as well. The Kroger family of grocery stores (Kroger, Frys, etc) carries them, and puts them on special every few weeks if you keep an eye out.

I have not been lucky enough to have one of those cooperative sleeves that permit me to eat "real food" while at work. As a nurse, I barely have time to pee, let alone eat. Protein Bars have been a godsend! I finally gave up trying to find a Protein shake that would work with my tastebuds....I'm on Coumadin for a portal vein clot, and the smell just kills me.

This is about Protein Bars? Oh that's right. For a minute there I though it was a demonstration on how to wear your ass as a hat ;-)

This is about Protein bars? Oh that's right. For a minute there I though it was a demonstration on how to wear your ass as a hat ;-)

?

Getting skinny doesnt make you pretty on the inside

LOL! This is very true........

I really can't believe the judgmental tone of many of these posts. We are all on individual journeys with different mindsets & nutritional needs.

We are only offering up what has worked for us. The smug, superior replies about "shudder" I would never touch a Protein bar with more than x calories, x grams of Protein or x carbs are not helping that person that is in a difficult place. Obviously, none of us are nutrition experts or we wouldn't have needed a sleeve. Many people have psychological & emotional issues regarding their eating. Let's try to be more supportive & accepting of our differences. It's not just this thread, but a prevelant problem within this community.

I really can't believe the judgmental tone of many of these posts. We are all on individual journeys with different mindsets & nutritional needs.

We are only offering up what has worked for us. The smug, superior replies about "shudder" I would never touch a Protein bar with more than x calories, x grams of Protein or x carbs are not helping that person that is in a difficult place. Obviously, none of us are nutrition experts or we wouldn't have needed a sleeve. Many people have psychological & emotional issues regarding their eating. Let's try to be more supportive & accepting of our differences. It's not just this thread, but a prevelant problem within this community.

The unfortunate fact is that rapid weight loss does throw our bodies chemical balance off & will cause most of us to be more defensive, and apprehensive than we would usually be. Some dissent & debate is just to be expected & is healthy. I do agree that it does go to far sometimes. But that in my opinion, is the exception, not the rule.

Also, since many of us are a bit more edgy than we typically are & the fact that most everyone on this forum has been there. I think it is easier to forgive a harsh comment or two. Everybody has a bad day now & then.

Well said. We have all been judged by society at one time or another. These forums are intended to be a supportive, "safe" place to share our stories, helpful hints, ideas, fears and frustrations. It would be unfortunate for it to become a place where people are too uncomfortable to do so.

Everyone's story is unique, I applaud the accomplishments and milestones, however I think it's important to remember that wherever you are in your journey it all started with that first pound and the support of family, friends and/or people on forums like this.

So play nice, and If you have nothing nice to say, don't say ( or post in this case) anything.