Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

For VG 10 cc Bandsters ONLY

10 CC VG Band ONLY - How many cc's for good restriction?  

3 members have voted

1. 1. 10 CC VG Band ONLY - How many cc's for good restriction?

• 9 + cc
    • 8 + cc
    • 6 + cc
    • 4 + cc

Hi Everyone, I just got my 1st fill in my 10cc band and it was 4cc's, I didn't ask what I will get in 6 wks. I am not sure what I feel yet, but there is something different. I can't eat like I could 2 days ago! YEA!!!

All my fills are free for the 1st year. So I am glad that I don't have to pay everytime I go to get a fill.

I was banded on Oct 17 2006 and have lost 36lbs. Mary

Hi everyone, I am kind of frustrated at this point, as far as I understand I have the Inamed band that fills to 10 cc, my first fill was under flouro and he filled up to 8cc and I got uncomfortable and he withdraw till 3cc. I am up to 3.5cc 2nd fill but I dont fill any restriction, my question is during my second fill I made my Dr to withdraw the Normal saline to see if I have the original 3cc, he showed me I did, but I expected it to come out blue colored but it was clear..... Does anyone of your bands have a dye in it (the VG.)?

I ,too, have the VG 10cc band. My understanding is that the 4cc and the 10cc bands will tighten to the exact same size (internal circumference) when fully filled. Therefore it would seem we should have the same results or feelings of restriction as those who have the smaller band. The only difference is the fill doctor. They simply MUST give the 10cc banders larger, more aggressive fills.

I was banded in Mexico, due to insurance problems, but very fortunately found an excellent fill doctor in the US. My first fill was 4cc and the second 2cc. I actually have pretty good restriction at 6cc but I find myself fighting my band every day and eating all the bad "easy" foods.

I am going back in 4 days for a third fill. I am hoping for 1cc as I think this will make me think very seriously about cheating. I wish I were not a slave to food.

I went and had my second fill on the 13th. I now have 6cc's in my band.

I feel pretty good restriction, considering I was basically eating the way I was before the surgery. I am hoping this fill will give some results and last for a while.

I'll keep you posted.

Oh, and just for those who were wondering.....

My first fill was 4.6 cc's when I went back I couldn't wait to see how

much was left in my band. I was shocked to see that it was at 4 cc's.

I thought alot more would have been missing, but I guess I lucked out.

So he gave me 2 more cc's. :clap2:

I went and had my second fill on the 13th. I now have 6cc's in my band.

I feel pretty good restriction, considering I was basically eating the way I was before the surgery. I am hoping this fill will give some results and last for a while.

I'll keep you posted.

Oh, and just for those who were wondering.....

My first fill was 4.6 cc's when I went back I couldn't wait to see how

much was left in my band. I was shocked to see that it was at 4 cc's.

I thought alot more would have been missing, but I guess I lucked out.

So he gave me 2 more cc's. :clap2:

So what does your restriction feel like now? I think this is where I'll be going on my next fill - 6cc.

I so want some restriction because other than the usual "can't eat this"(chicken breast) and "can't eat that"(bread) everything else is going right through. Control has not been my biggest asset so I'd really like to know what restriction feels like. Can you tell me?

BeacheeGirl's starting post is what I am feeling word-for-word.

I was banded with a VG on November 21st, and due to holidays, etc., got my first fill one week ago... 1.5cc's.

:faint:

No restriction at all... If I need to wait 5-6 months at 1cc per month to hit my sweet spot, I'll go crazy... and put back all the weight I lost.

My doctor stated that he does fills at 1cc per month. Is that a personal decision, or some sort of formal guideline? What is the average fill per visit for VG people..?

Andre,

The amount your doctor chooses to give at each fill is unique. As you can see my doctor is very aggressive with his fills and wants us to come in for another when we no longer feel our restriction is enough for us.

I was banded on 10/26 and have hit a plateau these last 2 weeks. I'm heading to Vegas with the girls this weekend and have an appointment for another fill next week. It should give me a week to adjust to the fill before I head to Puerto Rico on 2/1.

I'm at 8.5 cc's and I'd like a little more. I feel fuller for MUCH longer but it doesn't help me stop eating much earlier. I can still eat pretty much anything and have yet to PB.

Seriously, talk to your doctor about doing a more aggressive fill. The worst he can say is no!

Good Luck

Does anyone have a link to a location at inamed.com that references thier recommendation for filling VG Bands? I searched but found nothing specific to topic.

Thanks!

So what does your restriction feel like now? I think this is where I'll be going on my next fill - 6cc.

I so want some restriction because other than the usual "can't eat this"(chicken breast) and "can't eat that"(bread) everything else is going right through. Control has not been my biggest asset so I'd really like to know what restriction feels like. Can you tell me?

Hi Harlito-

Well I didn't really know what restriction felt like until I got this fill either.

Before this fill I could eat anything, bread, Chicken..you name it, I could eat it.

After my fill, my first meal was going to be a small salad and some chicken. I had about 4 bites of my salad and 2 bites of my chicken....I felt so full. I was actually shocked....and thought okay, this is how it's supposed to be. So don't lose hope, it's just like they say, once you have restriction you will know it!

Good Luck to you and let me know how your next fill goes.

Restriction is great. I am a)never hungry and b)can only eat about a 1/2 cup at a time. I try not to over do it and PB though. I have to be very careful.

I am so happy to see that 42% of the 10cc vg band folks take 8 plus cc's to get good restriction. I am almost there (at 8cc's) after 4 fills and was very frustated at not yet having good restriction. Maybe there is hope that after fill #5 I will get the restriction I so badly need!!

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Hi, so glad I found this thread! I found out at my first fill 2 weeks ago that I also have the 10cc band. My doctor usually gives 4cc on the first fill, but since I live so far away from her and wouldn't be able to get back in case of problems, I asked for less. She gave me 2 cc, and I have NO restriction; I should have taken the larger fill. Thanks to all the posts here I now know that it will take me awhile, or even longer, to find my sweet spot and that is normal. I love this board!

Thanks for being here,

Karen

My Dr Dr Carzson Liu has the lapband people in his officde allthe time- the top dogs, n dthey are About to satart marketing aggresively to the high 20s and 30s bmis(sic) i was a 26 fat index, wich might be thin to you bit at 178 lbs and axs an actress of some renowened was not funny i dont wanna play Lifteime movies just yet, so i ttook this what i thought wiould be drastic step.

im only on shakes because my fill at 1.6 ccs is os tight i reguritate almnost everything, im tight enought that the not being abklleto se=wallow my own spitthing does apply- maybe because wer eall dofferent sizes and shapes- and out bands are ) mone sobviously very smallcompares to this 10mm band)

but im not losing- he said i t was alot alot for my first fill but i drink shgakes and drink shakes and drinbk shakes- imgonna sit ancd figur eout the caloric intake of isoppure no carbs and skim milk- cos the smallest amount of food makes me sick- And om NOT LOSING. i need to lose by Paris Fashion Week and could haver presented on the Grammies if this pricesshad gonbe faster- but i m not going out ofc my house but fo r dstiuff to do with the kids unless im my goal weight ( 140 at least)

he said 1.6 was alot and itr felt tighyt and Water was coming up in my throat, all the stiuff your suppised to biut inm thinkingof constrictingt it even more-cana nyone relate to what im saying>?

in the next five years youw ll see Alot mor epeople in my situation- 26-38 fat indexes- getting bands- i spoke with the guys theyre greedy and they want the money of course but also i think ihadto beg three doctors to give me my lapband, zand od psych tests and have my opsych vouch for me as an actress and special circumstances biut i havent gone down any more than fromt he first weekp- it hought you were suppose dto lose 8 pounds a month at least, maybe im driun kingt oomay shakes- no carbs but i do dribnk alot of them- at night i dirbnk 4 through th enight abd abvout 8 through the day, am exercising bit nit like crazy ypga and pilates heat wraos and some treadmill..........anyone with any advice pleas ehearme and help

depserate.

gonan be skinny?