Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

For VG 10 cc Bandsters ONLY

10 CC VG Band ONLY - How many cc's for good restriction?  

3 members have voted

1. 1. 10 CC VG Band ONLY - How many cc's for good restriction?

• 9 + cc
    • 8 + cc
    • 6 + cc
    • 4 + cc

Hi. I just posted this on the September Bandsters thread so I copied it to paste here...

I went for my first fill this morning!!! First I was shocked to see that I had not gained any weight like I thought I did in the past month. I stayed the same. SHOCKING! Second, I love my surgeon. He defintiely rocks! The fill was totally uneventful, a little pinch to numb the area and then the fill needle went in and I felt nothing. They did it under fluroscope so that helped with finding the port and not having to poke around. First he gave me 4.5 cc's in my VG Band (which holds 11cc). Then he made me drink the barium to see how everything was going through and then he gave me another 1cc, so I am at 5.5cc and am thrilled that he was a little more aggressive than others. I asked him to be since this was the only fill that my insurance will cover and he said he will make it a good one. I'm just drinking my Protein Shake now and I had 3 sips and can feel a total difference. I definitely have to start sipping. Anyway, I am very happy and excited to have this fill done and with the amount he gave me and will keep everyone posted on the progress. Must be on liquids for today and tomorrow then progress slowly. :P

I had my first fill on Friday, 10/27. Your experience during the fill itself and mine are so nearly identical, I could have written your post (or you were reading my mind!). LOL.

My fill was only 4.5 ccs (not sure how much my band will hold ... it's a great question for my next dr. appt). I'm not experiencing much restriction, but I will wait for 2 or 3 weeks before I say anything to the doc. I need to practice slower eating and better chewing habits.

I had my 3rd fill with x-ray last Thursday (without x-ray didn't work the first time, so I go for the x-ray each time now). I am now at a 9.4 and I'm finally feeling it! :clap2: The other times I was somewhat restricted for a couple of days, but after that I could eat all I wanted as long as I took very small bites, chewed my food really well, and ate slowly. Now, however, I can only eat a small amount at a time. I've lost 5 pounds since last Thursday! I think some of it could be dehydration, so I'm working very hard now to get the liquids down. Good luck!:P

I got my band July 25.

THIS SUCKS!!! I just had my first fill a couple of days ago and I can not feel one bit of restriction. They only added 2cc and was told that the band already had 2cc, that makes a total of 4cc and no restriction.

When can I expect any restriction? Another couple of fills? My insurance doesn't cover any of it so it's $150 a pop - literally! I want this band to work. If I can't count on it then I might as well go back to pulling my hair out and go to Weight Watchers.

I've stopped losing and I'm pissed...

I too have an 11 cc band. I thought I was going crazy because I have 9 cc in and I'm just starting to lose weight. Place May 26, 06. Now I am begining to understand I am not alone!

I am so surprised at the cost of fills I am seeing on this site. My surgeon's nurse practitioner does them in the office in 5 minutes for $80.00. I am going in tomorrow for another fill. I have 9cc in and I'm hoping for 1 more cc. He might want to give 2 cc but I think that will be too tight.

This is probably a stupid question considering everyone has such different experiences, but here goes.

Does anyone know or have any idea when the fill is just right, as far as finally sticking. I know that people do not go in every 6 or 8 weeks for fills. Is there really anyway to tell if it will finally be the last fill for a long time.

I am at 6.5cc now and am very tight can not eat meat except for turkey from delli, that's it...I just eat things like cottage cheese, mashed potatoes, green Beans, pinto beans, cheese, squash, things like that there.

Will there be a day I can finally eat meat and the usual things that people eat or should I prepare myself for this kind of lifestyle?

Carol,

It sounds like you are very tight but fighting it. You need to eat your meat first little bites and slowly that's what fills you up. Meat sets in your pouch much longer and then if you still can handle it take a bite or two of veg. You are eating foods that go down easy and you probably won't lose weight very good eating this way. Once you lose your weight you will be able to eat more normal foods. Good luck.

Carol, you should be eating Proteins first. You need to start eating chicken, turkey (more tender parts). Potatoes are high in carbs and mashed will go thru faster and leave you with less of a full feeling. Remember not to drink anything 15 minutes before and 60 minutes after each meal. I had my first fill last Thursday 1.5cc and I feel a little restriction. However, I am trying to remember what my doctor said about proteins first, vegges, fruit next and carbs last. He also said 1/2 cup total per meal. I find that if I eat 5 to 6 smalls meals a day I don't feel hunger has much.

This all is very good advice, and your right I'm not losing weight very fast at all!!!! I just hate to try to eat meat since it always seems to get stuck. Then if I eat very slowly it takes way more time than I have to eat a meal.

But in any case I will try the meats and see what happens, I know I'm eating soft foods and that seems to be because it is easy and lots faster than eating a regular meal. I ask my doctor though and told him that I could not eat meat and he said that is how it is sometimes, I questioned that.

Thanks for your feedback.

Carol,

I know how you feel about not having enough time to eat slow. I was told a little trick because I had such a hard time eating slow and taking small bites. It was suggested to me to eat with a baby spoon or fork and it really works for me. I cut my meat (use moist dark meat) into small pieces and i use my baby fork and spoon to eat with. Normally it only takes about 10 small bites and I'm full. I do eat 5-6 small meals a day. Good luck

Kozy: I will diffenently try that, it has been a struggle for me to take that time out to eat. I did discover the other day I could eat turkey from the deli and so I got some today. I am going to fry up some chopped hamburger tomorrow and try to see what that does. I have just been eating soft foods because I thought oh well what's the diff? But now I'm wanting real food and I can't imagine not being able to ever eat that.

When I try to eat a meal it takes so long that I get discussed and just push it away before I'm ever really full.

I just came in from the surgeon's office. I love this guy! (Dr. Davis at Valley Hospital) I make an appointment and with in a few days I get an adjustment, unlimited counseling and friendly but professional faces. ($80.00) I am now at 10cc. Time will tell. I have the Nurse Practitioners phone number for 24x7 contact. They really care about me and my success.

Hi Im Kim. I was banded in september in Mexico. The more I think about it I seem to remember my doc telling me something about a 10cc band. Well I totally forgot that and lost 25 punds of the bat. Then I started gaining and gained 5 back. I was like ok time for a fill. I called around and found someone relatively close ( I live out in the boondocks). So I email my mexican doc to ask what my capacity is, band size , blah blah. and he never replies. So I go for a fill at the local doc and a nurse is doing my fill. I told her I had the MID 2 System and she was unfamiliar with it. So she tries to get the doctor on the phone, no answer. she thinks its a low pressure system (meaning 10 cc) so she starts poking around I asked her if she was gonna call the doc and find out for sure. she said she would know when she injected my port. Well anyways she was pretty sure it was a 10 cc band so she gave me a fill of 4cc. ( It was just yesterday so I can't really tell you how it's affecting me yet, along with the fact that I am sick :sick and not hungry anyways.) Well when we are all done she goes and asks the doc about my band he says he doesnt know, that I could look it up online to find out for sure. I am sorry but I was a little apprehensive at that point. I just paid $375.00 and the doc doesnt even know what my band will hold????!!! I have trried and tried to find out more info about my band but just keep ending up with unanswered questions.

AnyOne know anything about the MID Band??????

Thanks for listening and sorry it took so long.