Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

For VG 10 cc Bandsters ONLY

10 CC VG Band ONLY - How many cc's for good restriction?  

3 members have voted

1. 1. 10 CC VG Band ONLY - How many cc's for good restriction?

• 9 + cc
    • 8 + cc
    • 6 + cc
    • 4 + cc

I also have a 10cc. band, even though I was low BMI---and am getting soooooo discouraged. 4 weeks after my surgery, I had 5cc. then the following week I had another 2cc. I am up to 7cc. and no restriction at all. I have lost 8 lbs---but that was in the first month---actually during the first 2 weeks of the special liquid diet stuff. I am eating less, and following all the rules, but stil not losing any weight. I am still really hungry and have never even thought of PBing or anything. I guess I should be happy I'm not gaining, but after a self pay of over $10K I expected more. I hope to get another fill either this weekend or next.

Karen MT

Ortiz

I have the large van-guard band and am up to 5.5 cc's.

I really want another fill because the only time I really have restriction is when it's that time of the month. So I hope to get one soon.

I too have the 10cc VG band. I was banded in Mexico. Dr Pedro Kuri. My fill surgeon is here in Indiana and I am quite pleased with him. He is aggressive with fills. My first was 4cc. A little restriction. My second fill: 2cc. I have a total of 6cc in a 10cc band. I actually think I have very good restriction, however my food addiction is in overdrive and I find myself constantly searching for easy foods, ie: ice cream sandwiches.

My fill doctor explained to me that all band sizes are the same size (internal circumference) when fully filled, therefore we should have just as much restriction as a smaller band, with an increased fill level.

I was banded on June 3, 2006, and have lost 30 lbs so far. Slow, but then again, like I said, I find myself fighting my band. I need to get BACK ON TRACK!

hello,

I had my surgery 4,5months ago and on Monday I had my first fill only 1cc but I feel I have a good restriction

Hey all,

I have the Vanaguatrd band and have had 2 fills. the first was 3 cc and the second was 3 cc so I have a total of 6cc. I really only fill the restriction when I eat to fast or something that does not agree with the band. I think I am about due for another fill. I have lost 71 pounds since May 9th, 2006 . I can eat and not fill the restriction. Maybe I stop eating before it gets filled? I am showing good discipline right not to watch what I am eating. Also I do not use big plates. i use the little plate and never reload my food. That smaller plate is a good tool to control food intake also....

How much do you all eat and fill restriction? I have no idea...

Thanks...

Seminole, you have done fantastic! You must be doing something right and the band is working.

I just got my 1st fill 2 weeks ago, only 1.5cc and I have very mild restriction. My weight loss has slowed and I go for another fill this Thursday. I am not sure what amount to ask for?? I can't eat anything like the amount pre-banding but I can eat a lot more than 3-4 ounces. I am still under 1500 calories a day but need to be at 1000 to lose weight. I exercise a lot so I think that is what is keeping my weight stable.

I have the 11 cc band also. Just went today for my second fill of 3cc for a total of 6cc. I am hoping this gives me good restriction for awhile. My weight loss has stalled again and I have even gained back a few pounds.

I am on liquids now since my fill. We'll see how the next few days go.

Hello, I am hoping to get some help from you?? My husband has the 10cc band as well and he is getting frustrated. He had his last fill 4 wks ago and has not lost any weight. I don't think he has the restriction that i have because I see how much he can still eat. He is definately a junk food junkie! But he is still eating very little compared to what he was able to eat before. Does he need another fill? Should he take diet pills to aid in his appetite? Any feed back is appreciated.

I had a Vanguard 10 cc in August 05. Have lost just over 60 pounds, with weight slowing in the last 4 months (due to not so good food choices). I have 6.7 cc and it has only been this last fill (about 4 months ago) that I have felt real restriction. I need another fill but have been doing a lot of flying of late so my surgeon recommends no fills for this time. I feel more restriction when I have my period and the mornings I sometimes struggle a bit with Breakfast. By dinner I am still cautious but not too many problems. food choices have slowed my weight loss, as well as having a bit more wine than normal which, though is totally enjoyable, is wasted calories for serious weight loss.

I definitely knew after the last fill, that I was nearing good restriction - I thought I had got to this spot a couple of times previously, but it was only for a few days at a time. I have booked a fill for a fortnights time, (for just a little fill), as I need a bit of a boost and I am managing my food choices better now, so those two combined should see me on my way again.

I just had my fouth fill and am up to 8cc's. After the last fill I thought I could go no further, I lost some weight, but as time passed, I felt less restriction and was eating more. Since I had my fill yesterday, I feel that I can't even swallow my spit and it is very uncomfortable. I am roughing it out since it seemed to relax after a couple weeks last time. Also, even though it feels horrible about the not swallowing my spit, I really can since i'm able to drink Water very slowly. At this point, I can't imagine any more fills and am afraid to eat anything right now. Will keep you posted!!

Supermodel, I am no expert but I can tell you what my Doc told me.

Your husband can "beat" the band by eating sweets and will not lose weight.

I do best when I eat 5-6 small meals a day, mostly Protein. Exercise and drink lots of Water.

As for diet pills, my thought is they might work. But what happens when you go off the pills which he would have to at some point. Most likely the weight will just come right back on.

Also, I had to do this for me. Did your husband do this for you? I have to want to be healthy more than anything else. (reminding myself here!) I have to be willing to make serious life style changes.

Is your husband on this board? If not, he needs to be here asking for help. It is wonderful that you are very supportive and interested, good for you. But he needs to be here getting answers for himself.

Hope this helps and I hope I didn't offend. My words are just coming from someone who's been there, done that! And that, and that! I see this as my last chance to get healthy. Thanks for the opportunity to remind ME of why I got this band in the first place, it is so easy to forget and go back to old ways.!!

I am confused because I am 1 month post surgery. I have the 10cc band, and my surgeon filled me with 3cc during surgery. I have lost 26 lbs, but I have noticed over the last couple of days that I am eating more. For instance today @ lunch I had an entire hamburger (meat only) because I am afraid if I eat the bread thatit might get stuck. Anyway, I know a couple of weeks ago right after liquids I would have gotten full off of 1/4 of the burger. So I am filled 3cc, but I am wondering if I need to go get filled even more. I will admit that I am guilty of drinking with my meals. That has been the hardest habbit to break!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hey wait maybe that is my problem. You guys are the greatest!

Brian

P.S.

When they did a fluro on me the other week, they said that my hole was about the size of a drinking straw so if I get another fill, then that would be really small...

I have a 10cc Band as well. I haven't had a fill yet. My first fill is Oct 12. I am only 16 days post op. Anyway, I need to understand the fill thing better. If you have a 10cc band, what happens when your fill is up to 10cc's. What happens if we don't get restriction?

Another question, how does the surgeon decide on what size band to give the patient?