Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

April Sleevers Losing Hair?

My surgery was 3/27 - almost April. My hairloss kicked in about 6 weeks ago. Lightly for about a week, then "holy hell" for about a month. It has just started to lighten up again. I suspect another 2 weeks or so and it should be fairly normal. (I've had other WLS so I've been through this before, andam going off previous experience).

I actually saved the discarded hair from my worst week of loss. At least the shower portion. There was actually quite a bit more, because as soon as I'd run my fingers through it (I finger comb) and apply product, my hands would be coated. Anyway - I saved it to take a pic and post so that people have ome idea what to expect. I had to have my sink drain snaked last week, just from the hair that would get on my hands, which was not the majority of it by far. And my hair is short - about to my hairline in back. The first time I went through this it was waist length. THAT was FREAKY.

Ugh. Mines coming out in handfuls. Clumps.

I was sleeved 6/12. Mine is just starting to fall out. My hair is so super thin already. I hate to even think about it. I am afraid!! I feel like if I keep thinking about it, I will curse myself, but logically, I know it is going to happen whether or not I think about it.

Oh my goodness, Am I the only one not losing my hair? I was sleeved 4/10, lost 39 lbs and so far no Hair loss. Taking Biotin and zinc like my doctor told me too and eating lots and lots of Protein. Hope your hair stops falling out soon!

I'm losing hair, but not as bad as I'd feared. I started with massively thick hair, so I can afford to lose a little. :)

I was sleeved 4-9 and have just started losing hair In the last three weeks. It's pretty bad but I have short hair already so it doesn't show much. Been taking Biotin since day 1 and Nioxin Shampoo, plus I can count on two hands the number of times I've fallen below 75 grams of Protein per day since surgery. Regardless, it is not permanent and if thin hair is the worst than I experience, than so be it.

Sent from my iPad using VST

Handsfull!!! So scary... Did you guys die your hair even if is falling??

I sure am! Can't have thin hair AND grey roots, lol!

Sent from my iPad using VST

My Hair loss has increased at 4 1/2 months now. It sucks! Anyone know when it will slow down?

My hair loss has increased at 4 1/2 months now. It sucks! Anyone know when it will slow down?

I dont know i am a little over 5 mos and its still falling! Much less noticeable now that i cut it short. The brushfull of long strands freaked me out. I'm curious as to when it will stop as well

I dont know i am a little over 5 mos and its still falling! Much less noticeable now that i cut it short. The brushfull of long strands freaked me out. I'm curious as to when it will stop as well

My hair is brush-cut short now (friends charitably tell me I look "funky") and it's still falling out. Less noticeable now that its short, but still happening. Doctor says, "Don't worry. In 1500+ patients not one has gone bald. Just be patient and don't get stressed about it." So I've decided to quit obsessing and rock the new look. :)

Although I had AWESOME thick hair to begin with so a little thinnging would be ok.... its thinning right in the front where its noticeable. My doc said to "Get over it" because it won't stop until I stop losing weight. Sooo- probably 3 more months to go

Me too - I upped my Biotin to 4000 daily - just keeping my Protein and Vitamins up, eating good nutritious food. I do see alot of new growth too though, so hopefully that will be enough to keep it filled in as time marches forward.

I believe after we normalize our weight andincrease calorie intake for maintenance, the hair loss finally stops. Thats what I've heard from people who've met goal and can increase calories up to nearly 2000 daily. Under 1200 and we experience Hair loss - this is normal and not permanent.