Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Nsv... I Went From 5:45 Am To 5 Pm Without Using My Wheelchair...

What a wonderful story and it's clear you are very proud of your accomplishment. You should be. Good luck walking in the coming days. I hope there are many more for you.

Whooo hoo!! Another good report!

I haven't had problems getting to sleep, but I have noticed I sleep a lot less

This is wonderful news! You are inspiring all of us! We care for you and will be your personal cheerleaders along your fantastic journey!!! :)

Yay!!! What an awesome NSV =) I am so happy for you!

today is a wheelchair day....the weather changed so drastically last night (got so cold) my back is not supporting my torso today, without pain.

so sorry to say, motorized chair got dusted off... it did make me smile at how much dust had already accumulated :)

i was hoping my back would have been stronger before the winter coldness....but can't beat mother nature.... if/when sun comes back to the Pacific Northwest, i will be out of chair !!!

thank you all.... OBTW ... i fell asleep last night and did not wake up until 10:30 am....oh my i feel so refreshed !!

Pacific NW? Anywhere near the Sea-Tac area? Believe it or not I'm glad to see a chair day. It'll give those muscles a chance to rest & heal.

Waaaay to go girl....before you know you'll have to donate that ole chair to someone who needs it :D .

Love ,me

O.T.R. ..... i live north of Seattle...in Bellingham.... love it up here.... do you know the Bellingham area ?

O.T.R. ..... i live north of Seattle...in Bellingham.... love it up here.... do you know the Bellingham area ?

Furthest north I've lived was Kent. But we have made several trips up that way. Got friends in Linden.

thank you both...your comments are so supportive and encouraging...

Each morning' date=' i sit on the side of the bed with my sore back and knees screaming at me for the strain i put them both through yesterday, by walking.

i pick up my phone, sign into VST and re-read every ones posts.... it warms my soul to have all this support!!!

i look at my motorized chair, and say: "not today. today i am walking. 1 hour or 10 hours, it doesn't matter. i AM going to walk today! "

thank you all for keeping me motivated![/quote']

What a great attitude. Pretty soon you won't even feel the morning aches and pains.

Sent from my iPad using VST

Congrats on your successes. Don't feel bad about an occasional chair day. You are retraining your body. I am so thrilled for you and the success you have still coming.

i like the sound of "retraining".... that took away some of the disappointment i felt in myself for using my chair today....

i feel so good when i am up walking...so proud of how far i have come since surgery on May 2nd... so i forget it hasn't been 3 months since surgery vs years in the chair...

i need to listen to you all and stop being so hard on myself... thank you all!!!

An occasional day of rest is required to let our bodies heal when we work out... and you're doing an amazing workout every day that you go without the chair! :) Don't take the rest days as setback. Instead use them as days to allow your muscles to heal and grow stronger. When we lift weights, we're supposed to give our bodies a day of rest in between. You ARE doing the same with forcing your legs to work...

I'm totally thrilled for you and proud of you! You're determined to reach your goal and I have faith that you will reach that goal.

I've figured out how you could do a ticker, too. You could either track "days out of the chair", using a 6 or 8 hour "day" and log each one as you complete it. OR you could track how many miles/feet you've walked and pick a destination. I believe Lil Miss (Stronger) Diva did that with her workouts. As she racked up miles she listed how much closer to a specific town she'd come. Maybe you should do something like football fields or the local mall that have specific distances. Even if you don't do a ticker, it's still a HUGE NSV. If you do, maybe it will be motivational for you on days you don't want to walk.

You're doing great! Keep up the good work!! :)

today i walked... :)

Lissa, you make sense about giving my body to relax... when i got up this morning the chair never crossed my mind. I was sitting in the kitchen eating roasted chicken breast for Breakfast before i even realized i was not in my chair....felt so good for it to "just happen"... wake up and walk!!!