Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any Northern NJ's out there??

Hi Marcy....I grew up in Georgia and now live in Morris county..lol. Guess we switched southern/northern places.

Hi everyone in NJ...hope all are doing well. My life has settled a little bit. I saw cute Dr. Bertha this week and will get another fill. First opening though was last day of the month- yikes!!!! I have zero restriction so I feel like I am flying solo.

Have a great October!!

Ruthie

Hi Everyone,

Sorry I haven't checked this lately because of my schedule. Got through the two weddings in September. I also just finished caoching about 4 soccer games today for the Columbus Day tournament in Pequannock. It was crazy and tiring but fun for all. Hope everyone else is doing good.

NJ chick, just wondering thats all I have a great support system here to and I have all of you to thank...

went to VT to to climb had the friggin time of my life..

I applied at a job and they called me back for tomorrow to meet and chatt and see the computer system. so far so good I hope..

wish me luck with the job and the flippin TICKER

Hey all,

Is it just me or does the office seem TOO busy these days? Is it because one of the other doctors left? I know there was three and now it's just Bertha and Abkin.

Hi Everyone,

I also just finished caoching about 4 soccer games today for the Columbus Day tournament in Pequannock. It was crazy and tiring but fun for all. Hope everyone else is doing good.

What a beautiful weekend for soccer! My girls' practices and games were cancelled for the holiday, and it was such a bummer. It would have been marvelous to spend this weekend on the soccer field.

Hope everyone had a great Columbus Day! And I want to remind everyone that the first of two monthly lap-band-only support groups is being held this Wednesday at the offices of Drs. Abkin and Bertha at 7 PM. You don't have to be their patient to attend! If anyone needs directions, PM me.

Alexandra I went to Abkins support group 2 weeks ago so many people they had to move it in the waiting room, it was a great time..

Hi Alexandra,

The support groups; do I have to register to show up? And what time do they start?

I'll be there one of the dates in November for sure. Right after my official consult with Dr. Abkin.

They MUST be busy...I had to wait over a month for my consult appointment.:faint:

Sherilynn when you get there they have every sign in on a clip board just to see how many came. it was great.. btw how are you? all is well here

Hi Rita,

I saw my GP on Monday, and he's in total support of the surgery! So naturally he has me going for the battery of tests, etc. He also gave me referrals for a psych doctor as well as the nutritionist who I see on Monday. So things are 'moving right along'. I'm getting excited!

Alexandra,

Can you tell me exactly what the dates are for the support group meetings, and what time they start? I really want to start going to them.

Also the office is really busy. I had to leave my appointment because they had me wait from 12:30 til 2:30 and I still hadn't seen Bertha, and my kids were getting off the bus at 2:30 (30 minutes away) and no one was there to get them off the bus.(Worst part was that it was the first day of school) I felt like such a horrible mother. I still haven't rescheduled my yearly visit because I can't afford to wait so long to be seen.

One good thing was at the visit they had my blood work and stats and there haven't been any problems with the band itself. Do I need to make that appointment again or can I wait?

Just looking for some helpful advice.

Hope everyone is doing good and enjoy this nice but cool weekend. We took the kids pumpkin pickin in Vernon yesterday. It was soo much fun.

Hi Fran,

The Abkin/Bertha support groups are on the 2nd and last Wednesdays of every month at 7:00 p.m. These meetings are held at the doctors' office building, on the other end of the floor from the main office. You can check their website for the precise dates and cancellations.

As for your rescheduling your one-year visit, it seems to me that if you're happy and all your meds/labs are good there's no reason to worry about it. Maybe you can schedule a phone conversation with the nurse practitioner to talk about anything else, but the really important stuff is the health assessment. You're doing great!!

hey fran you were in my town yesterday. My son MIchael showed up at our door saturday night at mid-night to surprise us he is off the next 2 days. what a wonderful thing to see him we didnt expect to see him until thanksgiving. his gf drove him the 6 hours to see us. YEAH

sherrilyn I am so happry for you.... keep me posted

I start my new job today, as I sit here wiht hot rollers in my hair I type. will miss being able to look on line during the day dont let me miss anything. love you guys

Rita-Ann

xoxox

Hey Rita Ann and Fran. I've been scouring this site just reading and learning more from the posts tham from anything else. I am SSOOOOO excited to read that you guys are so close to me!!!!

I live in West Milford and work in Bloomingdale! I was banded my Dr. Gritsus at Chilton Hospital on March 5, 2007.

Let's keep in touch!!!!!

Hi Nikki, I was banded by Dr.Gritsus as well. In May of 2006. Also at Chilton Hospital. I also work there. I no very well where West milford is. I am in pompton lakes, and obviously work in pompton plains. Nice to meet you!!!

Hi cherg! Thanks for responding. how exciting. You have been banded for almost a year. How is it going? How has your progess gone, I am so excited to connect with someone who was banded by Dr Gritsus AND lives in my area!! I love CHilton by the way, I had my daughter there, had my surgery for my broken leg there and then had the hardware out of my leg two years later and every time, the nurses and staff made me feel very special.