Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I need to vent..... I know about my body stalling and going into "shock" mode but I'm still stuck at 241 and it's making me crazy! Haven't lost a thing since my sleeve and lost 9 lbs preop. I'm gonna flip! Lol . I'm not even getting in 3-400 calories but drinking all my fluids 70-80 ounces easily.

Right there with you. Lost 5-6 after surgery. Now.... aAARGH!

I think you may have to try and fit in more calories, your body can't burn unless it has the fuel and 300-400 calories is definately not enough, you should try getting in at least 600-700. I don't know when you had your surgery I am assuming it hasn't been that long. Maybe you should speak to your dietician.

You say you know, but yet you keep getting in wayyyy to little...yos hould work on that!

All of our "I know I shouldn't but" or "I know I should but" - these are things you need to address as you lose weight - hopefully a good counselor explained the importance of observing the word "but" in your discussing habits and actions and feelings re: to WLS. If not - replace your counselor and find a better one.

Eat more, protien first...exercize, and you will lose - and do the tight tshirt thing - you will see ti get lose even in a stall...yo uwill lose inches, even in a stall.

It's definitely due to the drop in calories. Remember your previous body was consuming way more than the normal 1500 per day so a drop to under 800 is freaking it out. I had to have this explained to me just the other day at my 1 week follow-up when I was shocked to only have lost 2 lbs after a week of liquids. Just try to drink a little more to bring up your caloric intake and keep at it.

Most people a week out from their surgery date are on full liquids versus clears, which means you can have creamy Soups and pudding. I found that creamy chicken broth does me good. I also added creamy potato Soup with a little "enhancement."

Two cans creamy potato Soup.< /p>

1 can liquid chicken broth

simmer real bacon bits and Water until it's a mess.

1 tbsp white queso (creamy cheese)

Pour all into your Ninja or magic bullet and blend until it's truly a liquid (no chunks). Add more Water or broth to make it more liquidy if needed.

Heat in the microwave and enjoy. It has a little more hearty, has the smokey bacon flavor and keeps you satisfied.

I hesitate to eat the creamy stuff right now. This is a time to develop healthier eating habits. I was eating low fat yagurt sf, sf pudding, broths, etc. I really wasn't watching the scale early out so I didn't notice the times I wasn't losing weight. This worked for me. I was able to establish a more healthy eating habit. Now I really don't like breads and stuff. :)

It's definitely due to the drop in calories. Remember your previous body was consuming way more than the normal 1500 per day so a drop to under 800 is freaking it out. I had to have this explained to me just the other day at my 1 week follow-up when I was shocked to only have lost 2 lbs after a week of liquids. Just try to drink a little more to bring up your caloric intake and keep at it.

Most people a week out from their surgery date are on full liquids versus clears' date=' which means you can have creamy Soups and pudding. I found that creamy chicken broth does me good. I also added creamy potato Soup with a little "enhancement."

Two cans creamy potato soup.

1 can liquid chicken broth

simmer real bacon bits and Water until it's a mess.

1 tbsp white queso (creamy cheese)

Pour all into your Ninja or magic bullet and blend until it's truly a liquid (no chunks). Add more Water or broth to make it more liquidy if needed.

Heat in the microwave and enjoy. It has a little more hearty, has the smokey bacon flavor and keeps you satisfied.[/quote']

Thank you, I will try to get more calories in ;).

I hesitate to eat the creamy stuff right now. This is a time to develop healthier eating habits. I was eating low fat yagurt sf' date=' sf pudding, broths, etc. I really wasn't watching the scale early out so I didn't notice the times I wasn't losing weight. This worked for me. I was able to establish a more healthy eating habit. Now I really don't like breads and stuff. :)[/quote']

Thank u, I'll stop focusing on pounds and develop healthier habits ;)

I am 2 1/2 weeks post op and returned to work a couple of days ago. I have decided to walk to and from work (approx 5 miles round trip) and have put on 2lbs. I also came home today and slept for 2 hours I was so tired.

I am hoping it's a blip and walking 5 miles a day and my reduced intake will soon see the lbs drop off (fingers crossed).

I am 2 1/2 weeks post op and returned to work a couple of days ago. I have decided to walk to and from work (approx 5 miles round trip) and have put on 2lbs. I also came home today and slept for 2 hours I was so tired.

I am hoping it's a blip and walking 5 miles a day and my reduced intake will soon see the lbs drop off (fingers crossed).

That's an awesome accomplishment Suzi, I wish I can walk to work but I'm 45 miles one way lol. Keep up the great work, we will get there ! ;)

I am 6 weeks post op and have a huge problem.... I am gaining a pound a day and have been for nearly a week now!! Im so discouraged! I hardly eat anything but I admit I have been drinking sugary drinks a lot... I started walking a mile a day on the treadmill but still gaining... I am not getting my Proteins in... only getting about 30 grams a day instead of the 70 I'm supposed to be getting... One thing new that happened that might be contributing is that I just had my last 4 teeth pulled out and got new dentures top and bottom... having major pain and can't eat much.taking antibiotics and pain killers (Percacet)... the only thing I can really eat is vienna sausage because they are soft.... Please somebody tell me what to do to make this weight gain stop... Is it really just that I drink some koolaid and tea wtih sugar? I mean, I don't do that all day... just periodically...Advice is welcome!!

@SouthernDonna45, cut out your sugary drinks, use crystal light or zero calorie flavored water! if your having trouble eating due to dental go back to a Partial liquid diet/mushy diet, Protein Drinks, oatmeal, cream of wheat, scrambled eggs, Sf Jello, SF pudding, soups!

The thing is I'm only on Clear liquids and there aren't much calories in those items...

PAAAAAAATIENCE dear. Patience. Just find a way to make the days go by and wait for it all to happen. I promise you, it will. Keep doing what you're doing (assuming you're following dr.'s orders) and don't worry about what you have or haven't lost. Just let it happen.

I am trying to be patient, I have lost 4 pounds since my first post-op visit to the dr. which was June 27 th. Now here it is July 13th & I'm still 300. I had gotten down to a whopping 299 & now up a pound. I can barely eat. Today I got down all my Protein. Almost depressed & I don't know what to. Now I just want dominos pizza thin crust sausage someone please help me!!

neek41