Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm In Az Looking For A Buddy

So many AZ sleevers! This is great!

Hi guys' date=' I live in Gilbert, Az. I got a 90% gastrectomy in March. I'll be your buddy too! I need as much support as possible![/quote']

Wow, 90%, I didn't know that was possible. I had my sleeve a couple of weeks ago but they only removed 80%. So happy that I made this decision & looking forward to a full recovery.

' date='

Hi! I'm in Mesa. Where are you having you procedure? St. Luke's?[/quote']

Hi. I'm having mine done @ Banner Gateway in Gilbert.

Hi guys' date=' I live in Gilbert, Az. I got a 90% gastrectomy in March. I'll be your buddy too! I need as much support as possible![/quote']

Hi. Who did you use?

Hi. I'm having mine done @ Banner Gateway in Gilbert.

That is where I had mine done wih Dr. Chen. He is amazing!

Me too! Me too! I definitely need some sleeve sisters and brothers to talk to here in our beautiful state. My surgery is Oct.22 and I to want to start cleaning out my closet...I love that Lilly! I'm in my fifties, but don't feel like it LOL! I have a home in San Tan Valley. I have two grown sons and daughter in laws, and two grandchildren. I would really love to share my journey with someone who understands what's going on.

I know our wls journey will be better having a sleeve sister/brother. DebinAZ we have our vsg 2 weeks apart I'll keep you posted on my procedure

My sleeve journey is a bit different than most. I had the band for 7 years but developed gastric ulcers and didn't know it. My stomach basically exploded and they had no choice but to operate. When they opened me up there was nothing left. 10% was all they could save. I basically had a full gastrectormy which is a surgery reserved for patients with stomach cancer. until that point my weight loss journey had been just that... A journey! Having the sleeve has been a weight loss express train! I lost 30 lbs in the first month but it was all Water weight from being in a coma for a week. I'm down a total of 70 lbs (40lb from water). I love the sleeve but have been stuck for the last 2 months. I've even gained some weight which scares the crap out of me. Any of you going thru this? If so, what did you do to jump start your weight loss? Btw, I had Dr. Terry Simpson do my band and my sleeve and he's amazing!

To Lilly and Deb, good luck with your surgery. You will do great. Soon your weight will literally fall off and you'll feel like brand new women! Keep us posted on your progress.

Hi everyone, I have been looking for you guy's since the end of June..I just can't tell you how much this means to me to finally find you :wub: I have tried unsuccessfully to find Zonies and here you all are!

Thank you Lilly, I would love to have you as a sleeve buddy, bsmith thanks for your best wishes. I'm so excited I just don't know what to say.

I am a revision, I had my band out June 26th, I couldn't get the revision done as it had eroded, thankfully not to much damage, but enough that I had to wait until the end of Oct. I just can't imagine what you went through bsmith, what a incredible story. I am a nurse and you are one lucky Lady!

I to would love to meet each and everyone of you...Thank you for being here!!!

Debbie

I think it would be great to meet all of you also. I'm in SE AZ but come to Arizona City/Casa Grande at least once a month to visit my daughter & granddaughters. I am in my 3rd week post-op & have had more ups, than downs, so I consider it an overall success so far. I haven't found any other sleevers in my are but I found you guys & am so happy we've all connected. To those of you who have upcoming surgeries...stay strong, stay focused, stay on track- you are all going to do great!!!

Hi Takroom I to am a grandmother and I live in San Tan Valley, not to far from Casa Grand. Where at in SE AZ?